PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vegan sandwich filling / bread spread?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

Robinwomb
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
For me it's a toss up between a grilled avocado and tomato sandwich or homemade red pepper hummus and sprout sandwich (all with my homemade bread of course). But homemade peanut butter or almond butter with a banana smushed in there sounds so good right now too. Or tempeh slices with onion and sauerkraut.

Lentils
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Mushroom sandwiches are great, just bake a bunch of sliced mushrooms (I do a 300g pack), drain and squash them between two slices of bread.

RubyDuby
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
mmmm rye. Reubens are the way to go!

ali22
Jun 18th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Grilled tofu with some soya sauce + any vegetable pate (mushrooms, peppers, green olives...) I am hungry!!

EpicLibrarian
Jun 18th, 2012, 02:17 AM
If you want a great recipe for cashew cheese I have one on my blog. This recipe is probably why I'm addicted...lol.
http://veganinthevan.blogspot.com/20...ew-cheese.html

This looks good Jackrabbit. Can you post a pic on there so I can pin it?

Ontheverge
Jul 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible but my mom was craving a baloney sandwich...badly. I bought some tofurky baloney style 'meat' slices and some uber fresh white bread. We made vegan baloney sandwiches: 'baloney', vegenaise, mustard, romaine lettuce, and some daiya cheese. Tasted just like an 'real' baloney sandwich and my mom was soo happy!

Firestorm
Aug 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I've been eating Cafe Deli Mexican Bean Deli Filling (http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?skuId=910000457018&departmentid=1214921923813&aisleid=1214921925320&startValue=) over the last few days, its quite good I'm thinking of keeping a jar in my bag for when I'm out and can't find anything for lunch. Its labelled Vegan - available in Asda & Morrisons.

I also want to try Princes Baked Bean Sandwich Filling (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272791441) but have not seen it anywhere yet.

Risker
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I've been eating Cafe Deli Mexican Bean Deli Filling (http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?skuId=910000457018&departmentid=1214921923813&aisleid=1214921925320&startValue=) over the last few days, its quite good I'm thinking of keeping a jar in my bag for when I'm out and can't find anything for lunch. Its labelled Vegan - available in Asda & Morrisons.

Finally managed to get hold of some of this, it's really nice, shame it comes in such a small jar.

Gwydion
Sep 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Leftovers.

Doesn't matter what it is, just leftovers in general - can't beat it.

Blueberries
Sep 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Leftovers.

Doesn't matter what it is, just leftovers in general - can't beat it.

I like to think of leftovers as bonus food :D

Firestorm
Oct 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I also want to try Princes Baked Bean Sandwich Filling but have not seen it anywhere yet.
Found some of this in Sainsburys. I wouldn't waste my money on it again

Gattona
Oct 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM
I have got into roast veggies particularly courgettes and butternut squash. They go great in a sandwich with/without houmus

Chick-pea
Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
New vegan here, two weeks but going strong.
tried a cheezly toasted sandwich last night and was pleasantly surprised how tasty it was.:)

Blueberries
Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
New vegan here, two weeks but going strong.
tried a cheezly toasted sandwich last night and was pleasantly surprised how tasty it was.:)

Toasted Cheezly is pretty great. Especially with Marmite or vegan worchestershire sauce if you're a salt fiend like I am!

Chick-pea
Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Toasted Cheezly is pretty great. Especially with Marmite or vegan worchestershire sauce if you're a salt fiend like I am!
Love marmite, shall definitely try it.

TJ
Dec 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hummus and avocado are sandwich spreads of choice for us. We do use vegannaise as well but I try to stay away from it because it is generally not so healthy.

micthemini
Mar 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Newbie here.
I'm a toast addict, so homemade bread, toasted with Vitam-R (yeast extract, better than marmite, IMO).
I make my own peanut butter, and love that on fresh bread.
Otherwise, I like salad sandwiches with mayo. But no celery as that is poisonous.

Risker
Mar 27th, 2013, 10:02 PM
But no celery as that is poisonous.

?

Sheese is my favourite sandwich filling, with other things of course, tomato, pickle, lettuce etc. and of course, sheese, banana and crisps.

micthemini
Mar 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Celery is the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned. Thus the poison. It is awful, I HATE it, yuck, yuck, yuck.
Bad stuff.
Get the idea I don't like it :lol:

Blackpoolvegan
Mar 27th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Celery is the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned. Thus the poison. It is awful, I HATE it, yuck, yuck, yuck.
Bad stuff.
Get the idea I don't like it :lol:

Yes, it is the Devil's own sticks. BUT it is really good gently cooked in a little veg stock. You might like this better. Or maybe not....

Did you know it takes three sticks of celery to get one portion of your five a day? Yes, three!! A very good reason to avoid it raw, if you arsks me.

Tabbycat
Mar 28th, 2013, 02:43 AM
dark chocolate peanutbutter

I eat it with a spoon. Pft who needs bread

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/darkchocolatedreams.html

bestest stuff in the world

abrdnck
Apr 18th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Refried beans, daiya cheddar and sriracha sauce grilled up like a grilled cheese sandwich. I had one with a salad for supper last night, and it was awesome.

I was a big fan of grilled cheese since I was a kid, and I am glad that the daiya products allow me to indulge that craving. I would love to try a vegan-version of a grilled kimcheese sandwich (vegan kimchi, sriracha, daiya cheddar) but the smell of kimchi makes my wife vomit (not an exaggeration) so I will just have to wait until she is out of town to try it.

I also make up a Mexican-influenced quinoa and beans recipe - it is great on a wrap with whatever else you want on it - refried beans, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, daiya, etc. Wrap it up, heat it up on a grill and enjoy. It even tastes great cold if you want to take it on a hike or something.

(recently made the commitment to a vegan diet after many years of compromise and false-starts - hopefully the people on here will keep me honest!)

Blueberries
Apr 18th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Refried beans, daiya cheddar and sriracha sauce grilled up like a grilled cheese sandwich

I would love to try a vegan-version of a grilled kimcheese sandwich (vegan kimchi, sriracha, daiya cheddar

Both of those sound amazing! :)