PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vegan sandwich filling / bread spread?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

punchermother
Jan 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
1. tofurkey + vegenaise + avacado slices + portobella mushrooms on toasted bread

2. pan fried tempeh + vegenaise + ketchup + saurerkraut on toasted bread

3. toasted bagel + tofutti cream cheese + portobellas sauteed in balsamic vinegar

4. roasted red pepper hummus + spinach on toasted bread

feline01
Jan 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
1. tofurkey + vegenaise + avacado slices + portobella mushrooms on toasted bread

I just had a tofurkey and vegannaise sandwich on whole wheat bread, yum. :D

paradoxsund
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Ahhh I LOVE sandwiches and tortillas

My favorites:

Smoked hickory tofurky, tofutti uncheese and earthbalance on German seed bread (a special brand but I forget who makes it)

Cashew butter + jam or banana or something else sweet

Portabello+ garlic

Vora
Jan 27th, 2005, 07:03 AM
My fav :
- guacamole
- peanut butter
- Hummus
- Eggplants caviar
- homemade banana jam
- vegan pâté
- Fried polenta with ketchup and letuce yuuuuum ! ^^

PolluxStar
Apr 27th, 2005, 10:51 PM
you poeple eat like kings and queens!

All I get is hummus , which is my favorite thing right now

or veganaise never by it self though

littleTigercub
May 2nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hummous and sundried tomatoes
avocado and mustard
any nut butter with jam
sprouts and mustard

Franny
May 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I made muffalettas last night. So good. It's roasted red peppers blended with chick peas. You spread that on French or Italian bread with an olive salad, sliced avocado, and sliced tomato. It's not really a quick lunch kind of thing at least not for me. I made it for dinner.

RockyRaccoon
May 27th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I made muffalettas last night. So good. It's roasted red peppers blended with chick peas.
Funny that. I made a similar spread yesterday by blending roasted red peppers with ground almonds. Don't know if it's got a name though, I didn't have a recipe. I had it in a tortilla stuffed with spinach, rocket and watercress as I couldn't be bothered to cook anymore last night. An unusual, but scrummy concoction :)

dreama
May 27th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I like:

In toasted sandwhich maker:
1. tufu, cheezly, vegan rashers, and onions.
2. backed beans, cheezly and onions.
3. Cheezly and tomato's.
4. Cheezly and onions.
5. Left over curry.
6. Left over curry with pakora
7. Left over curry with cheatin chicken or cheaten turkey.

other sandwhich fillers:

1. fried tofu, fried rashers, fried onions and tomato relish.
2. fried burger/pakora, fried onions and fried mushroom with tomato relish.
3. Toffetti cheazly spread and strawberry jam.
4. peanut butter and mango chutney.
5. left over dahl.
6. peanut butter and green and black chocolate.
7. Toffetti cheazly spread and tomato's.

I also like eggless tortilla in chappatii wrap's. Just fry chapati's. put lemon juice over them. Then fry all leftovers. Left over curry and tofu go particularly well. Today I've accumilated a bit of tofu, rashers, onions, chips and making waves scampi's and I'm going to fry them tommorrow. It's a very economical dish.

Franny
May 29th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Funny that. I made a similar spread yesterday by blending roasted red peppers with ground almonds. Don't know if it's got a name though, I didn't have a recipe. I had it in a tortilla stuffed with spinach, rocket and watercress as I couldn't be bothered to cook anymore last night. An unusual, but scrummy concoction :)

That sounds good. The problem with what I made was there was way too much chopping for the olive salad. Probably should get a food processor. What is rocket?

tails4wagging
May 30th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Its a kind of lettuce!

Recipe please for banana jam??.

Peanut butter and green and blacks!!!!!! sounds yuk!!!

Wishin986
Jun 14th, 2005, 04:39 PM
peanut butter and banana slices in light whole wheat bread are my new obsession yummmmm :p

idycii
Jun 17th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Peanut butter and cucumber is great. Also peanut butter and lettuce, cucumber, onion. Sounds weird but is really good!

my3labs
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:42 AM
Toasted 12 grain bread. Sliced avocado, cucumber, bean sprouts, green olives. YUMMY!

sugarmouse
Aug 12th, 2005, 02:05 AM
vegan rice cheese slices...avaccado..tomato and olives:)

but im on a diet and not allowing myself bread at moment...become too muhc of a lard ass!Lol

DianeVegan
Aug 12th, 2005, 03:31 AM
The Tuscan Bean Spread from the Candle Cafe cookbook. With an heirloom tomato and any greens. On really good bread.

anneh
Sep 12th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Peanut butter and cucumber is great. Also peanut butter and lettuce, cucumber, onion. Sounds weird but is really good!

If you like that, try it with a little yeast extract (vegemite, whichever).
Peanut butter and yeast extract is also good on toast. No-one believes me until they try it...

Yeast extract and hummus is also nice...

screamingcarrot
Sep 12th, 2005, 09:32 AM
If you like that, try it with a little yeast extract (vegemite, whichever).
Peanut butter and yeast extract is also good on toast. No-one believes me until they try it...

Yeast extract and hummus is also nice...

:D i too eat hummus with vegemite, and vegemite with peanut butter. it make sense, i mean we often eat salted peanuts so why not vege and peanut butter?! :D my Bf thinks its gross tho...:)

LittleNellColumbia
Sep 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Im loving Avacado and herbamere

vegan mayo, tofutti slices and tomato

Vegan margarine, tomato and cucumber

Cashew butter

Tofutti and Sauce

Smoked tofu and tomato

maya
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM
hummus, avocado, and sprouts

tipsytop
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Anything with beetroot, and/or apple. Apple is GREAT in sandwiches, and very good for you! (although I doubt that it would work toasted). And rocket. This thread is making me hungry!

tipsytop
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
forgot to add HUMMUS, HUMMUS, HUMMUS.

foxytina_69
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:16 AM
my two most recent faves are:

-alfalfa sprouts and vegan mayo
-slice of nut roast, vegan mayo, cranberry sauce, lettuce, vegan gravy

Roxy
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Yesterday I had peanut butter and mashed banana for the first time in years. The banana was really ripe and easy to mash! Mmmmmmm it was good!!!

cedarblue
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:41 PM
today i had redwoods rashers in toasted slices with vegannaise, tomatoes and mixed green leaves. salt & pepper. mmmmm