PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vegan sandwich filling / bread spread?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

mew_76
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM
If I have stir fry I mix the left over brown rice and veg together and put loads of tamari on it and stick it in the fridge then its like a rice salad for my lunch at work the next day. I like cold pasta and tomato and veg sauce too and wholemeal pasta really fills you up at lunchtime too. I get so sick of sandwiches...

StmpyElephant
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I used to love the peanut butter from the health food shop (the one they put through the grinder while you watch) on bread, or with banana on bread...until I cut out peanuts *sob*

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE vegemite on a sandwhich. Nothing beats it. Although it's just not the same since I cut out my vegan margarine.

Plus, Vegemite is a rich source of B vitamins!! :)

Tigerlily
Jan 18th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Why did you cut out peanuts?

StmpyElephant
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Oh I read something on a raw food site, I can't remember the exact detail but because they give so many people food allergies and they are cooked nuts I decided to discard them. When I eat peanut butter it makes me break out too.

Tigerlily
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh okay. :)

Leo
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:37 PM
i adore tesco's own brand organic smooth peanut butter :) and also Tartex garlic and herb pate :)

Leo xx

foxytina_69
Jan 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
vegan blt's (tofu bacon, lettuce and tomato!)

gertvegan
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I've just added the Vegan Society Butties List which appeared in A Vegan Guide To Bristol 2004, see here. (http://www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk/articles/index.html) :)

blue-and-yellow
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Curry and soy sauce tofu sandwich

http://vegweb.com/recipes/sandwich/592.shtml

Yummy :P

herbwormwood
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Anyone got any favourites? Think I may have started this thread back on the old forum .. can't remember now. I'm currently doing one of my faves:

Marmite
Onion
Sweetcorn
Tomato

Anyone else got a good one?

I have just discoved carobella carob spread hazelnut.
I love it and it's healthy too.

Lyns
Feb 5th, 2006, 10:58 AM
My favourite sandwich has to be avocado, tomato and spinach, maybe also with vegannaise or houmous if I'm feeling decadent. Otherwise it has to be peanut butter and either jam, banana or dried apricots. *drools*

oliveoil
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Oh yeah, avocado rocks. We go with avocado, roasted red peppers and either grainy mustard or black olive tapenade as a spread. Why didn't I pack that for lunch???

scruffyhead
Feb 10th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Lettuce, tomato, sweetcorn and peppers i just love the taste :)

speedylemons
Feb 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
alright.. can i cook and mash lentils with spice and spread it on bread or something? :o

jetekiff
Feb 12th, 2006, 07:58 AM
My fave is hummus, guac, lettuce, spinach and Vegan cheese, yum...not bad if you add a coupl of blue chips, too!

Jane M
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I just love avocados, tomatoes, and onions on Ezekial bread with a little veganaise! Messy but ohhh so good!

herbwormwood
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:11 PM
alright.. can i cook and mash lentils with spice and spread it on bread or something? :o

if you wanted to you could, but I doubt it would be at all appetising. If you want lentils in a spread you could do an internet search for recipes for it.
Wht not try making hummus instead, lentils and chick peas are nutritionally similar and there are loads of hummus recipes out there!

Lyns
Feb 15th, 2006, 01:56 AM
How sad am I? I just read my own post without realising, while thinking oooh that sounds soooo good! I've inspired myself to make a sandwich.

GoodbyeGirl
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
From the uk Vegan Society,50 sandwich suggestions with something for everyone to enjoy:

14. Bagpipe Bun – vegan haggis, Piccalilli and salad

WOW! a lot of these sandwiches look sooooo good! However.........vegan haggis? i thought haggis was a good enough reason in itself to go veggie.

Tiggerwoo
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Marmalade (vegan) on wholegrain toast..... Mmm, reminds me of when I was a kid and my mum made me breakfast. Now I have to make my own..... sob sob!

tabitha
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Im still putting loads of garlic in toasted fake cheese sandwiches. I must pong.

sugarmouse
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:36 AM
spinach, cheating ham, salsa and tomato..

scruffyhead
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Red peppers, lettuce, tomato, and sweetcorn just love the sweet combination of taste xx try one and see :)

tabitha
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:49 PM
That does sound nice Bobillydylan. How about Fake cheese, hummous and fresh coriander? I had that again today. Very nice.

scruffyhead
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:56 PM
it is tabitha i like hummous to, but im not a lover of fake cheese..i know i shouldnt say this but even when i was into dairy products i hated cheese! couldnt stand the taste. I will have to check out the fresh coriander though thankyou :)