PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Hunger Pangs

ladyaprille
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM
When one eats, do you wait for hunger pangs everytime that you eat? If i did this, in the morning I wouldnt end up eating until lunch time. Should I listen to this, and hold out anyway, even though you shouldnt miss breakfast?

Also on somedays if i waited for hungerpangs, it may mean i ate odd hours, not at all, and on others, constantly.

Views and Ideas please :)
Lady A xxx

Mystic
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:07 AM
No - I barely ever eat according to hunger pangs. I rarely ever get hungry. So I would look like a skeleton if I did this.

Kiran
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
So what exactly is a hunger pang? Never heard of it before.

Cloudy
Sep 6th, 2005, 09:25 AM
No - I barely ever eat according to hunger pangs. I rarely ever get hungry. So I would look like a skeleton if I did this.

Ah yes, but think of the Halloween party benefits ;)

foxytina_69
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:51 AM
your body is naturally going through a fast during the morning, so it is normal for u to not be hungry then.

sometimes i do wait, sometimes i dont. usually not at dinner since i always eat with my bf and we like to eat together at dinnertime, and im not usually hungry then.

abrennan
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I think that people rarely wait to feel PANGS before they eat. Our cultures have formalised the times to eat and most people just eat when culture says you should. You probably might eat too much of you waited till you had pangs till you ate. It's like going grocery shopping when you're hungry, you come back with all this stuff you don't need but you wanna eat it.:)

Antony pang

screamingcarrot
Sep 6th, 2005, 06:53 PM
i think you should just have some fruit or a glass of juice, its light enough that it wont make you feel ill, but itll get you started in the morning and make you less likely to dig into chocolate mid morning when your blood sugar gets low.
for this reason up until recently i only ever ate fruit for brekky but now my bodys getting used to it and i can eat oatmeal..i guess we adapt. :rolleyes:

Tigerlily
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Wow, I wake up starving! Sometimes I can't even take a shower first or even tie my hair back from my face. I just wanna eat eat eat!

I try to wait for hunger pangs sometimes. But it's hard at school or at work, when you have certain times for breaks.

tipsy
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:16 PM
i always eat breakfast....if i didnt i would never be hungry...

after that i only eat when i am hungry...

or when an avocado sandwich stares me in the face! :D

cafejane
Sep 7th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I've always been so jealous of those that could wait for pangs to grab something. Sometimes, I think I dont because I love food TOO much, but it could be that I'm home too often. *winks*

I'm still in the beginning excited "all of this is new" phase so I'm just having fun.

Plus, I've noticed that (depending on hormones, lol) I'll have more of an appetite one day than the next due to this so just go with da' flow. Dont forget to have fun!!

scorpy
Sep 7th, 2005, 02:09 AM
When one eats, do you wait for hunger pangs everytime that you eat? If i did this, in the morning I wouldnt end up eating until lunch time. Should I listen to this, and hold out anyway, even though you shouldnt miss breakfast?

Also on somedays if i waited for hungerpangs, it may mean i ate odd hours, not at all, and on others, constantly.

Views and Ideas please :)
Lady A xxx
It's a bad idea, if you ask me. I do that often, and it's taking its toll. I don't do it for health reasons tho'! I just have bad eating habits :p