PDA

View Full Version : Tinas homemade corn chowder

foxytina_69
Sep 11th, 2005, 11:20 PM
i made this just following instinct and it was GREAT. very comforting food! next time ill have the soymilk and water and have it be 4 cups soymilk, 4 cups water instead just because that way it doesnt use so much soymilk.

ingredients:
-6 cups plain soymilk (i used silk plain)
-2 cups water
-1 can of corn plus 2 ears of corn (corn cut off ears) this was probably roughly 4 cups of corn in total
-roughly 2 cups of frozen peas
-3 medium potatoes, chopped into chunks
-3/4 of large onion, chopped
-3 dashes of marjoram (probably about a tsp)
-roughly 1 tbsp of garlic powder
-a good few shakes of sea salt and pepper (adjust to your tastes)
-1 tsp basil
-1 tbsp onion powder
-1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
-3/4 - 1 cup of flour (i used brown rice flour)

in small pan, fry onions until see through. in big pot over high heat, combine liquids, add flour, whisk together. (start with 3/4 cup of flour first because it does get really thick) add half the corn, and all other ingredients except peas. whisk soup until thickened and bubbling and then turn down to low heat. once potatoes are nearly cooked, adjust seasonings to taste, then add peas and rest of corn so as to not overcook them. once they are cooked then serve! its great with warm bread.

LittleNellColumbia
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Yummy, thanks Tina!!:D Ill give it a go:)

DianeVegan
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
What a coincidence! I just made a huge pot of corn chowder last night. The recipe is different of course, but I love chowder.

screamingcarrot
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM
im going to give this a go! thanks foxy!

foxytina_69
Sep 14th, 2005, 12:14 AM
oh i also added a couple tablespoons of fake bacon bits to add extra flavour but this isnt needed.

and im not sure how normal flour would work for this but i hope it works for you!

foxytina_69
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:00 AM
i think im going to make this tonight.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Another wicked recipe for me to try *adds to list for shopping* :D