PDA

View Full Version : Lifescape - New Veggie mag in Uk

Pages : [1] 2 3

boomer
Sep 14th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Saw it advertised in the vegetarian, so thought I would take a look.

The launch issue has Moby interview. :cool:

They do recipes, with vegan alternatives. Plus lots of life stuff.

Not bad... will be writing to suggest an improvement on the vegan front though.

http://www.lifescapemag.co.uk/

StevieP
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I was quiet excited until I saw the astrology link :( I'll assume it just for fun. :)

Did you read about the American astrologist who is sueing NASA for hitting that comet. They have altered it's course and therefore have messed up her readings. (not joking).

Kiran
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks Boomer.. Looks exciting. I am subscribing this one! :)

StevieP
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I've asked for a free sample for our group.

boomer
Sep 15th, 2005, 06:26 PM
I have the first one and it has a survey/wish list so will fill in as appropriate and hope that it becomes more vegan, nice to have a monthly read.

StevieP
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM
My free sample came this morning. If you run a group and can give them a litte exposure perhaps you may want to ask too.

(For LVWer, I've already offered them free advertising)

StevieP
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I've just submitted something for the next issue, which will have more vegan stuff in :)

boomer
Sep 16th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Good work steve, I popped a couple of suggestions in the post with the survey.

Yaksongs
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Checkout the article on Fiona Oakes in the November issue of this magazine !

StevieP
Oct 20th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Maybe they will rename the mag to "TheVeganForum" at this rate.

Kevster
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Where do you get it from? WH Smith? Wouldn't mind having a flick through one.

Yaksongs
Oct 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Good question, I did try & get last months copy from WHSmith in Brentwood, but when I explained it was a Veggie lifestyle mag, they all backed away holding up small crosses.

I left with a copy chainsaw monthly.

I guess any decent larger mag shop would have it, it aims to compete with magazines like Zest.

They have a website, I'll send em a mail

Cheers

M

boomer
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:26 PM
http://www.lifescapemag.co.uk/index.php

Try that, finally got november issue today a bit late but with all the vegan stuff, worth the wait.

the_marmite_kid
Oct 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM
what group do i have to pretend to be to get a free copy? :)

puffin
Oct 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
What a skinflint :D

StevieP
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:20 AM

Start a group and you won't need to pretend.

the_marmite_kid
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:32 AM
hey we all like to get stuff for free, dont we? maybe i am a skinflint then :( ok im starting north kents first vegan jitterbug dance troupe. whose with me? there's a free copy of lifescape in it for you :)

snaffler
Oct 21st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Well I emailed them and said where can I get it as it is not in the shop in the south west any place, so they sent me the first issue free.

I will try and find the next one today.

Yaksongs
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:24 PM
I have spoken to Lifescape who explained that they cannot afford the contract for WHSmith to distribute the magazine, but are hoping to have the money to get that contract by January.

They have supplied me with a list of retailers who have it, but there are 265 odd ! - mail me at morgan.mv@mellon.com if you want the excel spreadsheet they are all listed on.

M

puffin
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:50 PM
hey we all like to get stuff for free, dont we? maybe i am a skinflint then :( ok im starting north kents first vegan jitterbug dance troupe. whose with me? there's a free copy of lifescape in it for you :)
;) Yeh i do. I am a bit of a bargin hunter so maybe we should start a skinfint club up :)

Kevster
Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
The Basement, Lever Street, Manchester sell Lifescape. I had a flick through, not sure but, StevieP i think i saw you in there....

Roxy
Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
I signed up for the free e-newsletter. I always like to see what these kinds of Magazines have to offer.

Kevster
Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Looked quite good, packed with vegan stuff, from the latest vegan society diversity promotion bit (including Stevie P) Plamil chocolate feature, and as mentioned an interview with Fiona Oakes. Not sure if the magazine as a whole is my bag though.

Jamie
Apr 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Has anyone else seen this mag? I just noticed it in Smiths yesterday because it had a free chocolate bar on the front with VEGAN on it!! :eek: in big writing!! :D

it seems aimed at veggies and vegans, natural living, cruelty free and fair trade. one of the bestest things about it is that when it's reviewing beauty products it actually says if they are vegan, and what associations it's approved by!!!!!!!!!!! that is so great!!!!!!!!!!! :o :D :cool: the same with clothes too, on the fashion pages.

Recipes too, and it's just fab. I'm going to get a sub even though I won't (hopefully!!) be in the uk for the full year but I'll send it to my MIL for whatever I can't receive.

It was issue 7 I got but it's the first time I'd seen it. I think i'll even write in to the letters page!!

Mr Flibble
Apr 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Has anyone else seen this mag?

why not run a search? ;)

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5495&highlight=lifescape