PDA

View Full Version : Guilty for my first twenty years.

Rozzwellian
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:13 AM
After spending around a month lurking around this forum, watching you all talk, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up.
Have to admit this is one the most informative and humorous resources I’ve found for the vegan,

I’ve been vegan now for two months(previously being a vegetarian for just over a year). My friends are still getting used to this and interrogate me in-depth every time we meet, some find it amusing to do things like waving steak in front of my face whilst saying “mmnn dead flesh, look at the blood on that”.
Not sure how the meat eating friend thing is going to work out, I’m fairly sure that the stronger my conviction becomes in my vegan beliefs the more difficult it will be to reconcile our differences. I know only one other vegetarian, but they’re the type who still thinks it’s okay to eat fish.
I bike 22 miles every work day and have lost a stone in weight (friends and family cry out “see, being vegan can’t be good for you”), but I feel healthy and there’s no sense of guilt when I pass fields of sheep and cows; just need to find a healthy way to put the weight back on.

Looking forward to the vegan festival in London

Hola

abrennan
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
After spending around a month lurking around this forum, watching you all talk, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up.
Have to admit this is one the most informative and humorous resources I’ve found for the vegan,

I’ve been vegan now for two months(previously being a vegetarian for just over a year). My friends are still getting used to this and interrogate me in-depth every time we meet, some find it amusing to do things like waving steak in front of my face whilst saying “mmnn dead flesh, look at the blood on that”.
Not sure how the meat eating friend thing is going to work out, I’m fairly sure that the stronger my conviction becomes in my vegan beliefs the more difficult it will be to reconcile our differences. I know only one other vegetarian, but they’re the type who still thinks it’s okay to eat fish.
I bike 22 miles every work day and have lost a stone in weight (friends and family cry out “see, being vegan can’t be good for you”), but I feel healthy and there’s no sense of guilt when I pass fields of sheep and cows; just need to find a healthy way to put the weight back on.

Looking forward to the vegan festival in London

Hola

Dear Rozzwellian

the universe wants so badly to forgive you and accept you onto your chosen path.

I find the friend things depends on your character. Don't be drawn into game playing. People say almost anything to support their addictions. Act with compassion, for yourself as well as others.

Welcome here.

Antony
Australia

twinkle
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Welcome, Rozzwellian :)

I'm sure you'll find a ton of yummy recipes on here and other sites that will soon have you piling on the weight. www.vegweb.com (http://www.vegweb.com) is great for recipes, and I can recommend the happy vegan chocolate chip cookies (http://vegweb.com/recipes/sweets/4365.shtml) made with Maya Gold cut up into chunks instead of chocolate chips :D

ETA: Oh, whoops, you said *healthy* ways to put the weight on, didn't you? :p

Gliondrach
Sep 15th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Hello, Rozzwellian. Welcome to the vegan home for ex-meat eaters. You spent a month lurking and still decided to join - after reading all those inane and even insane posts? You must be keen.

Now that you've admitted your guilt you can get on with your life. Go, and sin no more.

Yes, lots of good recipes are to be found here. Was the weight that you've lost excess fat? If so, it's nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Martin.

Lindsay
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:10 PM

I'm sure you'll find a ton of yummy recipes on here and other sites that will soon have you piling on the weight. www.vegweb.com (http://www.vegweb.com) is great for recipes, and I can recommend the happy vegan chocolate chip cookies (http://vegweb.com/recipes/sweets/4365.shtml) made with Maya Gold cut up into chunks instead of chocolate chips :D

Ooh, yum!! I just made those last night to bring to a covered dish thing. They're really good. :D

screamingcarrot
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:18 PM
welcome!

why not cook up an amazing vegan meal for your friends? theyll be so busy noshing away that they wont be able to interrogate you! :rolleyes:

as for keeping weight on, when i first was vegan i found weight falling off but since i adjusted my diet im back to my normal weight again. if youre not a big eater then you can do this with nuts and avocados, using flaxseed oil or other vege oils...more concentrated sources of energy.

glad to have you here!
carrot :D

Rozzwellian
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:19 PM

If I’m going to have to stuff myself full of delicious chocolate cookies then so be it; I’m willing to make that sacrifice. Life can be so cruel. ;)

Rozzwellian
Sep 15th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yes, lots of good recipes are to be found here. Was the weight that you've lost excess fat? If so, it's nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Martin.

It wasn’t excess fat, I used to weigh 10 and a half stone but now I’m just under 9 and a half. Don’t think I was getting my calorie intake, so I’m trying to bulk up a bit with some pasta dishes.

DianeVegan
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Rozz, please don't let the U.S. media know how you lost weight or we'll have a new diet out in no time.

"Lose weight on the brand new VEGAN DIET. Stay tuned for details!"

Please keep this to yourself. Meat-eating yanks may be lurking about the forum. :rolleyes:

Kiran
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Please keep this to yourself. Meat-eating yanks may be lurking about the forum. :rolleyes:

You are right!! :D :D :D

1vegan
Sep 16th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the board :)