PDA

View Full Version : What can I make with these vegetables?

Rustic Bohemian
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:14 AM
I live at college, and so my storage place for food is limited. I have however, recently acquired a bunch of vegetables and I'm wonder what to do with these ones in particular. I've used them all before to mix into pasta/ stir fry mixes individually, but not really as a group or in anything creative/ challenging.

So,what can I do with:
A Green Zucchini,
A Tomato,
Lots of Cherry Tomatoes,
Green Beans,
Carrots.

I have a few things to use it them like sauces and rice and such, but because of my limited storage room, not much. I can go out and buy stuff however.

So, what can I do with these. Preferably healthy, but I'll take unhealthy as well.

Thanks.

Rustic Bohemian
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:18 AM
BTW, I forgot Broccoli.

I can also use some canned stuff I have, like mixed vegetables, black eyed peas, Chili, and frozen spinach.

tipsy
Sep 28th, 2005, 04:28 AM
stirfry, my friend, is the answer to all your dilemmas!

foxytina_69
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:02 AM
or vegetable soup :)

rantipole
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:07 PM
You could make a nice stew out of that. Add some potatoes, barley, herbs, and maybe some vegan soup stock. Buy some crusty bread or some biscuits and you've got a nice meal.

Cheers,
rant

ConsciousCuisine
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Make curried vegetables!

Start a pot/rice cooker full of rice before beginning.

Take the following, wash them and chop them into bite-sized pieces:

Broccoli
Green Zucchini
Carrots
Green Beans
Cherry Tomatoes
Frozen Spinach

Add onion and garlic if you have them.

Steam or stir-fry the veggies, adding the frozen spinach and tomatoes last.

Open a can of coconut milk and dump it in the pan of veggies. Add curry spices (Thai or Indian) and fresh chopped cilantro and lemon juice (if you have them).

Simmer for 3 minutes on medium heat and let sit for 15 minutes or better yet, overnight for the flavors to blend. Serve over rice.

gertvegan
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:34 PM
So, what can I do with these.Try the link in this (http://veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435) thread Rustic Bohemian. ;)

snaffler
Sep 28th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Go to this link
http://www.veganchef.com/
Scroll down and you will see a box search on ingredient etc type in your item(s) and see what comes up I use this lots for ideas.