PDA

View Full Version : msg from Vegano - no catch!

eve
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Rebecca of Vegano is in the final draft stage of her 'The Vegan Treats Recipe E-Book'. Here is where you come in - no catch and nothing to pay, it's as simple as submitting your favourite 'VEGAN' recipe or recipes to me by email to: info@vegano.com.au, and at absolutely NO Cost to You I will publish your recipe/s into my Vegan Treats Recipe Book (and quote you as being the 'chef' of the recipe - unless you request to submit anonymously).

PLUS to make it worth your while, I'm giving everyone whose recipe/s make it into the final book, a 'FREE Copy to keep'.

Now you can't lose with this Offer ... Submit Your Recipe and GET a FREE BOOK! So why not go through your recipe archives and pick 1, 2 or 3 recipes you absolutely love and send them in for vegans all over the world to enjoy.

But HURRY! As I reach the final stages of putting this project together I will only be taking a limited number of submissions until the book is filled to the brim. (I will accept submissions from today's date, 6th Oct 2005 up until 16 Oct 2005).

Don't forget to send your full name and contact details in with all submissions, or you could miss out on your FREE Copy. (If I can't contact you I can't send you your copy after all).

Well - here's to all those Yummy Vegan treats out there, until next time.
Have a Great Veg Week!
Rebecca :)
Submit Recipes NOW: info@vegano.com.au
[as I don't make 'treats' I have no recipes, but I'm sure there are many vegans on this forum who'd like to take up Rebecca's offer]

eve
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
BTW, I emailed Rebecca to let her know that she may well be receiving recipes from posters here who live in the US, UK, Europe, or wherever! :)

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hi Eve:)

I just recieved my email aswell! I think its great;)
I wonder if we can post recipes that aren't "ours"? Because i have a few recipes, but i got them off websites. I want anouther recipe book! cool:cool:

eve
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I'm sure that would be ok if they are your favourites.
happy cow, what is the meaning of your signature saying?

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 6th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks Eve! im going to post my eay Cheese cake recipe:D ;)

Mr Flibble
Oct 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
at absolutely NO Cost to You

lol, you've gotta sales people, they try so hard. Why on earth would you want to pay to have something published, which you then make no money off? The publishing company is the one which should be paying people for recipes, not making people think they've got an amazing deal by putting in the work and getting no share of the profit. A free book costs maybe a few dollars, it's hardly payment.

and quote you as being the 'chef' of the recipe

A chef is not the same as a recipe author. There's nothing worse than cook books which claim/insinuate people to be professionally qualified that arn't. I have some absolutely cracking cookery books written by people who are non food professionals, but fessed up about it early on in the books or on the back. I buy all sorts of cook books, but i like to know what sort of cook book i'm buying when i buy it.

I'm sure that would be ok if they are your favourites.

I'd be truely disturbed if the publishing company was willing to publish copyrighted material. If i found a book with recipes by me that have been printed on my websites (with copyright notice which i know from server logs that virtually no one reads) I'd consider taking the publisher to court. Breaching copyright seems like a great idea to start with (free stuff!), but is actually infact bad for everyone, and not really the sort of thing I'd expect from someone who holds and practises strong ethics and values, such as a vegan

abrennan
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Mr Flibble you're a bit negative today

you don't have to send in any recipes, no-ones being tricked.:D

Mr Flibble
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Mr Flibble you're a bit negative today

you don't have to send in any recipes, no-ones being tricked.:D

I'm very positive :p

I've just dealt with lots of companies in the past trying to get other people to do their work for them (this is particularly true in performing arts, where companies try to get performers for free like they're doing them a favour). I also have severe issues with companies that breach copyrights. Copying something without permission for personal use is one thing, copying it and selling it is another thing altogether, and illegal.

I don't mean to express negativity by doing this.

abrennan
Oct 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM
:)from what I understand you cannot copyright a recipe, only a substantial literary description of the directions of what to do with the ingredients:)

:)I am glad you don't mean to express negativity by doing that:)

Antony positive:D

Roxy
Oct 6th, 2005, 07:35 PM
It seems like a good idea to me :) We can never have too many vegan recipes!

eve
Oct 7th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Mr Flibble, as antony positive says, you don't have to send in any recipes. I'm not because I don't have any, but some vegans love their recipes and are happy to share them freely.