PDA

View Full Version : I think I smell my pheromones

Pages : [1] 2

thecatspajamas1
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Is it possible to smell your own pheromones?

Sometimes I can smell mine I think. It's a sweet buttery smell, kind of like toffee or cookies baking.

I noticed today that people were more responsive and friendly to me in general, and I think it may be because they subconsciously picked up my pheromones which were extremely strong today.

Is this making sense?

abrennan
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:16 AM
MMMmmm I think I can smell them too

I don't know I don't think you do smell them the way that you smell perfume, I though they were unconsciously detected

You could keep a diary of wether people were friendly in the days you smell or if they stayed away:D

adam antichrist
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:30 AM

Sometimes I can smell mine I think. It's a sweet buttery smell, kind of like toffee or cookies baking.

I noticed today that people were more responsive and friendly to me in general, and I think it may be because they subconsciously picked up my pheromones which were extremely strong today.

Is this making sense?

You may have extraordinarily strong sense of smell or you may have temporal lobe epilepsy in which case you may have olfactory halucinations. If you've ever been suspected of having a psychiatric condition this could explain both those things because this type of epilepsy manifests in ways which may be mistaken for psychosis such as visions and audial halucinations.

Sometimes I can smell vomit and nasty things, I have this one pair of trousers which seem to trigger 'homeless guy' aromas no matter how hard I scrubbed my arse beforehand. They are secondhand so I guess it could be the ghost of skidmarks past.

abrennan
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:33 AM
You may have extraordinarily strong sense of smell or you may have temporal lobe epilepsy in which case you may have olfactory halucinations. If you've ever been suspected of having a psychiatric condition this could explain both those things because this type of epilepsy manifests in ways which may be mistaken for psychosis such as visions and audial halucinations.

Sometimes I can smell vomit and nasty things, I have this one pair of trousers which seem to trigger 'homeless guy' aromas no matter how hard I scrubbed my arse beforehand. They are secondhand so I guess it could be the ghost of skidmarks past.

There is a particular smell to peoples skin, especially when warm. perhaps your lobes are OK and you can just smell your skin.:eek:

Gliondrach
Oct 13th, 2005, 12:00 PM
That sweet smell is just sweat, I think. My skin smells like that after I've been exercising. It also has a slightly sweet taste.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2005, 12:02 PM
^^ A claim only a vegan can make, in my experience! (I have woked with many a sweaty body and let me tell you, it's often *not* pretty! :( ).

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM

Sometimes the body releases a yeasty, sweet, bread-baking smell that is musty and pleasantly cloying (often due to hormonal shifts and diet). Each of us has a scent unique to us and that often attracts others (our scent mixed with pheromones).

Gliondrach
Oct 13th, 2005, 12:05 PM
My underarm sweat would still smell something horrible if I didn't use a deodorant. Although, fresh sweat, even from there, doesn't pong too badly.

adam antichrist
Oct 13th, 2005, 02:13 PM
^^ A claim only a vegan can make, in my experience! (I have woked with many a sweaty body and let me tell you, it's often *not* pretty! :( ).

Odour relates to the bacteria extant on your body, not the molecules coming out of it! :)

Tigerlily
Oct 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM
When I eat garlic, I sweat out the smell of garlic.

Stu
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah? Well what about when I do a wee-wee and it smells of Sugar Puffs? And I don't even eat Sugar Puffs.

Barley
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:43 PM

That was SOOOOOO funny!! Thanks

Pilaf
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Pheromones are scientifically scentless. Unless Veganism triggers some sort of hyper smelling, I doubt it.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Odour relates to the bacteria extant on your body, not the molecules coming out of it! :)

I know, I know, but I SWEAR there is a difference in the scent of animal eaters vs. vegans! I work with nude bodies (birthing/massages etc.) all day and can vouch for the difference! It really maes sense when you think about it...fecal matter and urine smell differently as well!

Pilaf
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah....bodily excretions of all sorts have a "Sweet" smell to them in Vegans.

thecatspajamas1
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
It's a scent from down below, if that clears things up at all. But those are pheromones right?

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:50 PM
You are probably ovulating :o

sugarmouse
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:55 PM
i can smell mine when i am 'in season' so to speak.i quite like it..anything that reminds me of my femininity! lol
not that i realy need that.

i lvoe that smell on men..when they just smell masculine..not sweaty..just natural..anyone get me,.lol

Roxy
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I know, I know, but I SWEAR there is a difference in the scent of animal eaters vs. vegans! I work with nude bodies (birthing/massages etc.) all day and can vouch for the difference! It really maes sense when you think about it...fecal matter and urine smell differently as well!

I agree with you. And I think Tigerlily would too - she says vegan farts smell better :D

Artichoke47
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:09 PM
i lvoe that smell on men..when they just smell masculine..not sweaty..just natural..anyone get me,.lol

Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about, but I haven't encountered one like that since my teen years.

Peas'nHominy
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Hahaha!!!
Ooohhh...I'm laughing so hard! Thanks, I've needed a true good laugh. :D

My hubby tells me he loves my scent, and I don't mean just when we're in bed, tee-hee. But I thought he was a nut. Reckon there's something to it afterall. :D

puffin
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Yep i do. My husband smells lovely ;)

Barley
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Yep i do. My husband smells lovely ;)

Puffin.... you are too sweet for words!

John
Oct 14th, 2005, 12:53 AM
There have been times when I have been close to women and they have told me that I smelled good. I'm a geek so I say, "really, what do I smell like?" And coincidentally they have said, "like a man." I expected it to be either my soap or my shampoo or my shaving cream.

As far as women go, as long as they are clean and don't smell like artificial chemicals, it's fine with me. A little natural oil-based fragrance around the neck and chest is nice too. But I'm not that picky anyway. :D

foxytina_69
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:15 AM
thats what i smell like too sometimes, thecatspajamas. i usually smell like brown sugar or candy of some sort. like caramel or something.