PDA

View Full Version : i love GRAPES....

Atticus
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I EAT THEM IN EXCESS instead of regualar meals.....pounds and pounds of them. I am afraid i will get fat but i cany havr any self control! *sigh* just ranting sorry.:(

abrennan
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:28 AM
I EAT THEM IN EXCESS instead of regualar meals.....pounds and pounds of them. I am afraid i will get fat but i cany havr any self control! *sigh* just ranting sorry.:(

You can't get get fat from eating grapes

eve
Oct 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM
I think you can! :D

Atticus
Oct 16th, 2005, 04:35 AM
I think you can! :DThats what i am afraid of....:(

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 16th, 2005, 07:05 AM

eve
Oct 16th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Happy c, did you carefully read the first post by Atticus?

mophoto
Oct 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
a few years ago when i told my doc that i was trying to loose weight he told me to say away from bananas and grapes. i never asked why- i still can't figure it out. luckly i really don't care for grapes.

LittleNellColumbia
Oct 16th, 2005, 08:08 AM

Atticus
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:00 AM
well thats pretty muchwhat i eat forthe day.....with somesoymilk....and a veggie....but mainly grapes inexcess!

DianeVegan
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:03 PM
More than worrying about weight gain - I would worry about malnutrition. If you eat an excess of ANY one food then you are denying your body the nutrients it needs from a variety of foods. Also, if you are not eating organic grapes then you are eating an excess of pesticides. Grapes are one of the most pesticide concentrated fruits. And no, washing doesn't remove all the pesticides - they are also absorbed by the fruit systemically.

So there are more worrisome reasons than weight gain for eating excess grapes. (Sorry, but sometimes I start to sound like my mom. :o )