PDA

View Full Version : I hate the dining hall

Green_Faery
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Lately, I've been feeling constantly hungry. I hate it. The dinning hall is supposed to to have vegan entres at every meal, but I feel like they don't really know what veganism is. I don't feel like I can trust their "vegan" food but I don't really have any choice because I have no money for other food right now (I get payed next week and plan on going grocery shopping, so at least I have that to look forward to. there are some really awesome vegan resources in Ithaca, plus the restaurant "Moosewood" that has this awesome vegan chocolate cake... I'm going there as soon as I get paid) I just don't trust their "vegan" food. Mostly because there was one night, I went in before they put up the labels and there were these sandwiches that looked like they had cheese, so I got the other thing (badly cooked mixed veggies and rice) then when I came back for more rice, the sandwiches had a vegan sign and the ingredients were posted next to it. I was really excited because I thought maybe they had vegan cheese and I checked the ingredients, and the last two were "cheese, mozzerela" and "cheese, parmersian-grated" I checked three times, got pissed off, changed the label to say "NOT Vegan" and wrote out a very long, angry comment card. the comment cards are the only way to communicate with them, and they don't check them very often. and they haven't posted the ingredients since then, so I can't even check for myself. whenever I ask someone on the staff if I can see ingredient lists they're like "what are you allergic to? I'll check for you" when I'd really feel more comfortable checking for myself... and I've been soooo hungry lately. and I have no money. maybe $20 in the bank and less than $3.00 in change in my purse... but my friends have been really nice about it. lately people have been buying or making food for me... which is really nice, and I know it's actually vegan. but right now, I'm really hungry and everyone's asleep.

mophoto
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
that sucks. i often feel the need to stockpile dry foods, pita chips, trail mix and vegan dark chocolate covered almonds. i don't eat the junk food like crazy, i just keep it on hand at all times. it's good to know that it's there, just in case.

Jacqui
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear you're hungry, that must be awful. The mother in me wants to cook something up for you. Big hugs.:)

Tigerlily
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
You should complain to the people in charge of the food service directly! You didn't pay a small fortune for your meal plans and not have any options.