PDA

View Full Version : Vegan dinner ideas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Pantha
Oct 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
We have just had mock duck pancakes and a Chinese stirfry. Very tasty.

foxytina_69
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:49 AM
tonight we ARE having pizza. theyll have taco meat, tomatoes, corn, onion, and maybe olives or pineapple aswell.

were also making chocolate halloween cupcakes today so that will be our dessert :D

Tigerlily
Oct 29th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Today I had nachos.

I only melted my soy cheese, the rest I addded after I melted the cheese.

Picture #1 (http://flickr.com/photos/45214754@N00/281652651/)
Picture #2 (http://flickr.com/photos/45214754@N00/281652647)

Annie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Today I had nachos.

I only melted my soy cheese, the rest I addded after I melted the cheese.

Picture #1 (http://flickr.com/photos/45214754@N00/281652651/)
Picture #2 (http://flickr.com/photos/45214754@N00/281652647)

That looks awesome...specially because I love love LOVE salsa

Tigerlily
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I'm a wimp, I only use mild salsa. :p I always want to try spicy salsa but I'm afraid it will be too spicy.

Annie
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah I stick with the mild kind too...I feel like I can taste the veggies and tomatoes in it better than with the spicier kind.

Wishin986
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:37 AM
I had the most amazing dinner tonight! my suite won a halloween door decorating contest so we all won a free dinner (up to $30 each!) at a local restaurant. one that you wouldnt think to be vegan friendly either.

out of the 3 appetizers our table got the only I could have was chips so I had some of their homemade potato chips.

small side garden salad w. miso dressing on the side (Yum)

spaghetti squash and zucchini!! - i have never seen a restaurant w. spaghettis squash before - it was absolutely amazing and had a lil broccoli and cauliflower.

so so good

lozza
Oct 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
tonight me and the boyfriend are making a full on vegetable curry, with this gorgeous mild sauce we bought, poppadoms, homemade naan bread (mmm sooo good), pilau rice and mango chutney!! :D

for afters, we are going to make vegan pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup! yay i cant wait!

Tigerlily
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I had falalfel. My aunt made it homemade. Oh man, I'm so stuffed.

Annie
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I had teriyaki zuchinni, brocoli, carrots, onions, mushrooms and tofu with brown rice.

To be honest...it wasn't very good (I think I added too much teriyaki sauce) and I've come to the conclusion that I only like deep fried tofu =(

foxytina_69
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:39 AM
tonight were having tacooosssss. yum i love tacos.

Tigerlily
Oct 30th, 2006, 02:51 AM
I think tomorrow I'm going to make comfort food, such as mashed potatoes, veggie burger, and peas & carrots.

Mmm.

Unless of course, my mom cooks something vegan for the whole family.

cedarblue
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:55 AM
comfort food for us tonight - cottage pie (shepherds/shepherdess etc..) made with veggie mince, onion, leek and diced carrot with mash on top, with brussell sprouts and crushed parsnips and gravy. :)

maya
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Last night I had Tofu lettuce wraps. OMG!!! Yum!!!

Smoothie
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
tonight we're having cabbage-diet soup - my mom was on the cabbage diet when I was a kid, and I LOVED that stuff. and now I found the recipe. YUM

Mystic
Oct 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
That is so funny! I like cabbage too, but I have never tried cabbage soup.

Wildflower
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:08 PM
tonight me and the boyfriend are making a full on vegetable curry, with this gorgeous mild sauce we bought, poppadoms, homemade naan bread (mmm sooo good), pilau rice and mango chutney!! :D

for afters, we are going to make vegan pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup! yay i cant wait!

How do you make naan at home, can you share the recipe? Please please please! :D I looooove naan and the store bought packaged kind never tastes the same as the resturaunts do it.

I am not sure what I will be having tonight, i kinda just finished lunch and it is 4 PM. maybe indian - i bought some rogan josh sauce that i figured i could eat with tofu and rice. Or maybe i'll make red lentil dal. mmmm... i love indian food!

Annie
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I'm currently eating a Thai Kitchen rice noodle bowl thing (I added a few pieces of brocoli to it)

I talked to my campus chef today (they're gonna do all they can to accomidate me which was awesome!) and I'm the only vegan out of a campus of 2000 people!!

Wildflower
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:50 PM
wow - one out of 2,000! I would think there are at least lots of other vegetarians. Maybe they can just make some of the vegetarian stuff vegan, then everyone would be happy!

Annie
Oct 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well...lemme rephrase what I said actually. The chef said I was the only person that had talked to him about them accomidating me being a vegan. So I guess there COULD be other vegans out there cooking their own food but I highly doubt it b/c we have to be on the meal plan...

So yeah...most likely 1/2000

I feel so special yet so lonerly o_o

Tigerlily
Nov 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
:rolleyes: Chips and salsa. I was soo lazy to make anything and my mom didn't make anything. And and and...she just came back from the store with chips and salsa. :D

Annie
Nov 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Avocado and cucumber sushi with wasabi and soy sauce and seaweed salad.

I was really skeptical about the seaweed salad but it was AWESOME!

Wishin986
Dec 1st, 2006, 01:46 AM
annie i love seaweed salad!!

tonight I had such a great dinner! and I converted freshman girls to whole foods and tried to demonstrate a healthy vegan lifestyle thats yummy too :D

I had scoop of edamame, scoop of tofu and purple bean salad, some bbq tofu, falafel w. tahini sauce, sccop of spinach, and scoop of oven roasted veggies. quite the variety and so good!

also had 4 oz mixed berry sorbet - yummm!

jamboxrock
Dec 1st, 2006, 02:10 AM
annie i love seaweed salad!!

tonight I had such a great dinner! and I converted freshman girls to whole foods and tried to demonstrate a healthy vegan lifestyle thats yummy too :D

I had scoop of edamame, scoop of tofu and purple bean salad, some bbq tofu, falafel w. tahini sauce, sccop of spinach, and scoop of oven roasted veggies. quite the variety and so good!

also had 4 oz mixed berry sorbet - yummm!

Wow, that sounds like an awesome dinner.

I've been wary about seaweed salad...I read the ingredients once on a packaged one from Publix, and it said "jellyfish" as one of the ingredients. I was pretty grossed out. Does anyone know if that actually means real jellyfish? And if there is jellyfish in every seaweed salad?

Annie
Dec 1st, 2006, 02:49 AM
Wow, that sounds like an awesome dinner.

I've been wary about seaweed salad...I read the ingredients once on a packaged one from Publix, and it said "jellyfish" as one of the ingredients. I was pretty grossed out. Does anyone know if that actually means real jellyfish? And if there is jellyfish in every seaweed salad?

Wow that's weird I've never heard of that before. The kind I had was just seaweed with some kind of small whiteish seeds. But maybe the jellyfish is in the seasoning or "sauce" of some seaweed salads...no idea though =/