PDA

View Full Version : Vegan dinner ideas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Tigerlily
Dec 1st, 2006, 09:27 PM
I was too lazy to cook. I went to the store and bought an Amy's burrito, bag of regular chips, and a HUGE 695ml can of iced tea. Really yummy but quite calorific. :o Oh well, I guess.

Roxy
Dec 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM
I just made an unreal warm salad with a nan bread on the side.

foxytina_69
Dec 2nd, 2006, 02:07 AM
what kindof salad roxy?

Roxy
Dec 2nd, 2006, 02:18 AM
I stirfried some Yves ground veggie "chicken" with thin strips of carrot, red pepper, red onion, garlic and low-sodium soy sauce. I let it cool a little and then put it on top of a bed of beautiful fresh shredded romaine, and topped it all with organic miso ginger dressing. I've eaten it all now, but I wish I had more!!

It would've also been nice with some crushed nuts on the top, but I don't have any of those here.

Jannan
Dec 2nd, 2006, 02:38 AM
Tonight I had some leftover "chicken" noodle soup.

Roxy
Dec 2nd, 2006, 02:49 AM
Did you make it yourself or was it the Amy's soup? I love Amy's No Chicken Noodle Soup!!

inkedmiss
Mar 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
comfort food for us tonight - cottage pie (shepherds/shepherdess etc..) made with veggie mince, onion, leek and diced carrot with mash on top, with brussell sprouts and crushed parsnips and gravy. :)

can I ask what make veggie mince you use ? Ive just used redwoods and the smell alone has put me off. I think I have a very high sense of smell and now can't even bring myself to taste what I made :(

Gorilla
Mar 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
have you tried RealEat? i think it's a lot nicer than the Redwood mince.

inkedmiss
Mar 12th, 2007, 06:26 AM
No, but I will give it a go.
I haven't liked any meat substitute so far which is no bad thing but sometimes it would be convenient to use.

Tigerlily
Mar 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Did you make it yourself or was it the Amy's soup? I love Amy's No Chicken Noodle Soup!!

Imagine Foods or some brand like that make a fake chicken noodle soup too. It's yummy!

foxytina_69
Jun 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
ive been eating thai A LOT for dinner lately. its my new favorite food!

tipsy
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
oh my oh my!

my roommate and i made the mushroom stroganoff from Vegan with a Vengance, a couple of weeks ago.

yum yum... i ate so much i hurt. :o

tipsy
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Imagine Foods or some brand like that make a fake chicken noodle soup too. It's yummy!

i love love love the fantastic brand dehydrated bag of no chicken soup.

it only takes twenty min to make and you can add more veggies, sietan or whatever you want... its yum yum!

Garden Fairy
Jun 4th, 2007, 12:25 AM
you should buy the cook book Vegan Planet. Everyone I have cooked for-Vegan or not- has absolutely adored the recipes in here. I never have a party where people leave without asking if they could have the recipe for a certain dish or dessert. I tell you, it IS thee best!

pavotrouge
Jun 4th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Must remember to buy it, too...
I've also eaten Thai a lot lately.

tipsy
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:22 AM
you should buy the cook book Vegan Planet. Everyone I have cooked for-Vegan or not- has absolutely adored the recipes in here. I never have a party where people leave without asking if they could have the recipe for a certain dish or dessert. I tell you, it IS thee best!

sweet!

thanks gardenfairy!

i have accumulated quite a selection of vegan cookbooks! its starting to scare me!!!

i have over 20 of them!

(mostly baking, some raw, some general veagan cooking)

i think im going to have to sell all my old vegetarian cookbooks to fund my book addiction! (plus everytime i look in them im dissapointed by the amount of cheese! ick!)

absentmindedfan
Jun 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I can also attest to Vegan Planet's yumminess, it's fab book

fiamma
Jun 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Tonight I'm making stuffed mushrooms, millet burgers (both home-made) and green beans :eek:

tofutofu
Jun 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
millet burgers? mm sounds nice.. could you be so kind as to tell me the recipe for them? :-p
Tonight i am making millet mash with onion gravy (from the gillian mcKieth cookbook)

fiamma
Jun 9th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I made them in the past using quinoa because I had no millet, and they were super-good. Then I bought millet and tried to use it but it was inexplicably inedible, so I used cous cous instead and they turned out just as well. I'd prefer not to post the recipe 'cos it's from a cookbook, but if you want it I can PM it to you.

foxytina_69
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
tomorrow is my moms birthday, 3rd birthday without her. im trying to make it a better day instead of just full of tears, so i planned a nice dinner for myself. im going to make vegan chicken caesar salad wraps, onion rings, and general taos tofu. im also going to rent a movie and hopefully have a good day.

harpy
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
That's a fine idea, Foxy - I hope you do have a good day.

What's General Tao's tofu like?

foxytina_69
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:30 PM
thanks harpy :)

heres the recipe. its one of the most popular on vegweb, and everyone who reviewed it said it was delish. its something ive been wanting to try for a long time now so im excited to try it!

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=8769.0

harpy
Jul 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Mmmm! It doesn't look too much trouble either. Am going to print that one out.

foxytina_69
Jul 13th, 2007, 06:31 AM
yeah i sure dont care a lot for meals that take a long time or a lot of effort to make.