PDA

View Full Version : Vegan dinner ideas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

cedarblue
Jul 13th, 2007, 08:52 AM
mmm that does sound tasty, i've printed it out too!

Jippia
Jul 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM
We had a package-and-can dinner tonight. I seldom do that, but I did not feel much like grocery shopping after I got home from work and this was pretty much the only food that was in the house. I always have packages instant potato mash and cans or jars with vegetables plus a bag of nuts so that I can make something when I need to be quick or when I do not feel like cooking a big meal.

It is very interesting to read this thread. I sometimes run out of ideas and I also tend to repeat my meals every week. Not everything is available here in the Netherlands, though.

How nice that there are more cookery book collectors!

pavotrouge
Jul 13th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Hi, somebody who lives close by (or something... I grew up 30 mins from Nijmegen near the border, at times withing walking distance to the Netherlands!)!

Today I had some sandwiches with hummus and tomatoes... couldn't bother to cook.

Jippia
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Where do you live in Germany now? Nijmegen is about 30 minutes by train from where we live.

We had pasta with vegetables and tomato sauce. Leftovers from yesterday's supper.

Mirjam

pavotrouge
Jul 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
I live in Krefeld, that's about 20 kms from Düsseldorf and 30 km from Cologne.

Tonight I had lazy lasagna with premade sauce, fresh spinach and nutritional yeast and olive oil as a topping. Pop it in the oven, take out 20 minutes later and yum!

foxytina_69
Aug 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
yum, lasagna sounds good!

tomorrow i think im going to just take it easy and eat some soup for dinner.

foxytina_69
Aug 11th, 2007, 04:47 AM
tonight were having thai. pad thai, spring rolls, tofu with peanut sauce and hot and sour soup.

Roxy
Aug 11th, 2007, 05:17 AM
I just threw together the yummiest snack-style dinner:

warmed pita bread cut into pieces and had them dipping/spreading style with some spicy refried pinto beans, home-made guacamole, soy sour cream and pieces of Tofurky chipotle mini sausage.

foxytina_69
Aug 11th, 2007, 05:18 AM
mmm roxy that sounds so good!

Roxy
Aug 11th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Thanks :) I went grocery shopping after work and just felt like snack-style food for dinner. I was too hungry and tired to prepare anything much else.

vegcurry
Aug 14th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Onions, aubergine, yellow pepper, courgette, steamed sweet potato, kidney beans and butter beans stir fried in olive oil, cinnamon, tumeric, garlic, and scotch bonnet chilli, in a sauce made of veg stock and red wine,. Served with mashed potato (with salt and soya milk).

Beancakes
Aug 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
tonight were having thai. pad thai, spring rolls, tofu with peanut sauce and hot and sour soup.

Yum.. i love Thai, the tofu and peanut sauce combination is phenomenal. :)

Cubed, firm, cold tofu dipped in peanut sauce is great on a warm day too. Would you believe that the local grocery store was out of my extra firm tofu ?!:( Got the firm, guess ill hafta put it between two bowls and use a towel to drain some of the moisture.

Come to think of it peanut sauce tastes good on just about anything. Tempura zucchini is so good dipped in it, and easy to make too. Just dip the raw pieces of zucchini (or whatever raw veggie you like) into a batter of flour, baking powder, salt and an ice cold carbonated beverage (hmm wonder what that could be ? :rolleyes:). The cold carbonation is key, lumps are good too as it gives the tempura pieces a nice texture. Then just fry it up in some very hot oil ( i like a veggie olive combo as the olive has a higher burn point), be careful of the heat, the hotter the oil the less greasy the final product will be. Sometimes i like to put on a bit of spice right when the pieces come out, so it will stick, blotting the grease is also a good idea (while conserving paper towels of course !)

foxytina_69
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:28 AM
tonight im having organic herb salad with italian dressing and sauteed kale, maybe with onions, brown rice and lentils. not sure if im that hungry though. or salad, sauteed kale and some schezwan green beans.

foxytina_69
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:52 AM
tonight im going to have organic herb salad w/ extra fresh dill and italian dressing, some plain rounds of vegan pepperoni, and some roasted chickpeas and a cup of soy milk.

Roxy
Sep 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Tonight I went to a Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant and had fresh spring rolls and a bowl of lemongrassy "chicken" noodle soup.

pudding06
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:07 PM
yesterday ( sunday dinner) was

tomato and rice loaf ( easy vegan cooking leah lenneman) - froze 3 portions
carrot and swede mash
petit pois
broccoli
new potatoes
onion gravy

fantastic.

pudding06
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
tonight is

vegetable broth / soup

soup mix ( dried, mix of barley, lentils, beans, split peas etc) with 100g dried haricot beans

celery, carrots, onions, garlic, potatoes, swede, herbs and stock.

lovely - kids and me cant wait.

will serve with wholemeal bread.
nicola

foxytina_69
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM
yum pudding! you reminded me that i have broccoli in the fridge :D yum i think ill make some tommorow. for dinner tomorrow im thinking of having broccoli, organic herb salad and roasted chickpeas.

pudding06
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Tonight

stir fry using huge amounts of vegetables, including bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, broccoli, beansprouts, peppers, cabbage etc etc etc

asda garlic and soy fresh stirfry sauce

fry's stirfry strips from the freezer!!!

and noodles

tonight is a ready made meal thing really as I have a busy night ahead of me.

nicola

foxytina_69
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:55 PM
tonight i think ill make us veggie/lentil/bean/brown rice soup, warm bread, and candied carrots. i love making steev warm yummy dinners after a hard day of work.

foxytina_69
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
we went through that pot of soup in 6 days it was so damn good. so we made another. but it was really tomatoey and "cheesy" this time. it was so yummy. i think its one of me and steevs top favorites!

pavotrouge
Sep 25th, 2007, 06:23 PM
today I had Japanese curry. I haven't had any for ages because I thought it wasn't vegan until a friend pointed out that certain brands ARE. hooray!

emmapresley
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:41 PM
i just created something yummy!

water and marigold stock powder..boil it up in a pan..
add really thinly sliced mushrooms, carrots, bit of red/green chilli, red pepper..whatever veg you fancy..pretty thinly sliced..
cook it up for a few mins..
pop in a few rounds of vermicelli and snuggle them under the liquid..heat down, lid on..simmer for 5 or so mins..turn off the heat..leave it for another 5 mins..
dish it up in a bowl..MMM!!

edit..they're sort of like super noodles..but loads better and with veg :0)

foxytina_69
Sep 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
this time we went through the soup in 4 days. oh my god. lol. got to make more again!

pavotrouge and emma, those sound great!

pudding06
Sep 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
best pizza ever last night

used a pizza base from sainsburys,

slathered with aldi romano red pesto sauce (red pepper pesto)

added 5 large garlic stuffed olives

5 sunblush tomatoes

redwoods nacho cheese grated on top

truly fantastc, and so quck.( I meant quick)