PDA

View Full Version : Vegan dinner ideas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Kitteh
Jun 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Tonight we made quesadillas. I cooked up some onions, tomato, capsicum, mushies and zucchini. I put a soft tortilla in the pan, added Cheezly and the veggie mix to half of the tortilla and then folded it over, yum!

BlackCats
Jun 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
^ They sound lovely Kitteh.:)

I saw this recipe today. I'm going to make these tomorrow for dinner.

Stuffed Aubergines:

2 aubergines,
1 tbsp oil,
2 onions chopped,
2 cloves of crushed garlic,
175g mushrooms chopped,
4 tomatoes chopped,
75g w/m breadcrumbs,
1 tbsp dried parsley,
1 tsp lemon juice,
Salt and black pepper.

Prick aubergine skins and bake them for 30 mins at 180c.
Take out of oven, cut them lengthways, scoop out flesh and put flesh in bowl so you are left with the aubergine shells.
Fry onions, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes in the oil.
Add aubergine flesh, breadcrumbs, salt and black pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
Fill aubergine shells with mixture.
Oven for 20-25 minutes.

I thought you could cook some veggie mince and put that with the mixture if you wanted.

You could also put melting vegan cheese on top and grill after taking them out of the oven.

Tofu Monkey
Jan 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Tonight I had a crispy salad topped with fresh avocado and drizzled with cider vinegar. On top of this I also put a nice warm helping of curried *chickpea salad.

*To make simply throw all this in a pan:
1/2 medium onion, minced , 1/2 bell pepper, minced, 1 teaspoon good curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin , 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas , 1/4 cup okara or silken tofu, mashed well, 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Heat for a couple of minutes and serve.

It was so delicious that I'm having it again tomorrow.

RubyDuby
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
that sounds yummmmy^

crunchy taco shells filled with tvp or beans mixed with taco seasoning, topped with lettuce and salsa. It's so quick easy and yummy we have it all the time now.

ellaminnowpea
Jan 21st, 2010, 02:37 AM
Stirfry is in my near future. :D Super easy and pretty much the only thing I'll cook besides oatmeal lol. Btw Rubes, since we live in the same area, can you recommend any good stirfry sauces?

RubyDuby
Jan 21st, 2010, 02:40 AM
I know it seems un-vegan, but I can't remember the last time I had stir fry! When I cook up greens it's usually just in ginger and soy sauce. I guess you should be recommending good sauces to me!

ellaminnowpea
Jan 21st, 2010, 02:44 AM
Haha. Well, I guess I'll check out some sauces at the store and get back to you. :)

jennyfedei
Jan 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
I should have taken a picture of this because it looked so good!! I made the most amazing vegan lunch! My co-workers were even eying with lust!! I took two slices of fresh whole grain bread and topped it with veganaise, vegan honey mustard (made with agave), sliced red onions, sliced roma tomatoes, piled on baby spinach leaves, shredded carrots, avocado slices and "fakin bacon" made from tempeh. I piled all the veggies up pretty high. I ate this with a side of fresh strawberries and blueberries. I would highly recommend this for lunch! Soooooo good!!! :thumbsup:

jessiejessie
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Cream of vegetable soup.

1 can coconut milk
some veg stock
onions
garlic
potatoes
favourite veggies
salt
pepper
cayenne pepper

:) yum yum

jessiejessie
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
p.s.; you can make any kind of stir fry yummy with coconut milk.. just get a pot, saute some onions and garlic, add some coconut milk, mix in some peanut butter and whatever veggies you like (I like to put in cabbage, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, and whatever is in my fridge). Add some chilis and spices, pour the veggies and sauce over some rice or rice noodles... to diiiie for :D

AG
Mar 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I love Uncle Bens Thai chilli sauce with tofu and rice.

ellaminnowpea
Mar 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I've been eating a lot of Thai food lately, so I'll have to try out some new homemade versions. :)

Blueberries
Apr 26th, 2010, 09:00 PM
One thing i'm loving at the moment is polenta with pesto and vegan parmesan mixed in :D

fondducoeur
Apr 27th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks everyone! I've been eating a lot of Thai food lately, so I'll have to try out some new homemade versions. :)

Cozy Thai?

ellaminnowpea
Apr 28th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Yep!! Omg, best place at school ever! Do you two go there?

fondducoeur
Apr 29th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yea, we go there often.
I am surprised we still have not managed to get together at some point for dinner at Mad Mex, Cozy Thai, etc...

Barry
Apr 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
One thing i'm loving at the moment is polenta with pesto and vegan parmesan mixed in :D

I was on a serious polenta kick for a few months recently. Cutting it into strips and dusting it with paprika and cayenne chili powder, roasting it with olive oil, then eating it with onion hummus. Damn, I'm going to have to buy some later.

missbettie
Apr 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I've never had polenta...perhaps i will try it sometime....what is it comparable to?

RubyDuby
Apr 30th, 2010, 05:53 PM
dense, bland corn bread.

missbettie
Apr 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
^ awesome. haha I love me some bland food! :D i'm going to give it a whirl the way barry makes it.

Barry
Apr 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
dense, bland corn bread.

:D Not a fan then I take it!

^ awesome. haha I love me some bland food! :D i'm going to give it a whirl the way barry makes it.

Yeah, both me and the SO love it done like that, roast the crap out of it so it gets good and crispy.

BlackCats
Apr 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm making guacamole tomorrow as I bought a new pestle and mortar the other day. I'm having it with raw vegetables, pitta bread and tortilla chips.

Yeah, both me and the SO love it done like that, roast the crap out of it so it gets good and crispy.

I really liked polenta the first time I made it but the time after I think it wasn't cooked enough. I never thought to put oil on it so maybe I will try that. The first time it was all crispy and I had it with salsa to liven it up.:)

missbettie
Apr 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM
i want to go get some now!!!!

RubyDuby
May 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
:lol: I like polenta! Am I wrong with the description?? :p

ellaminnowpea
May 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Yea, we go there often.
I am surprised we still have not managed to get together at some point for dinner at Mad Mex, Cozy Thai, etc...

I don't live up there anymore. :( I'm on medical leave. Should be back in the fall, though!