PDA

View Full Version : Vegan dinner ideas

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

scruffyhead
May 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
You would have to ask sugarmouse what i had for dinner she made a wonderful stirfry, she puts in a bit of this and a bit of that and a bit of the other and it always turns out wonderful..:)

tabitha
May 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
I love your avatar Scruffy! I have that on my fridge but it says "nine lives and I had to choose this one":)

treehugga
May 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Tonight I had vegan chow mein with cabbage, kale, carrot, onion, garlic, celery, beans, mushies, brown lentils cooked in a sauce of tomato paste, curry, some fake chicken stock and served with jasmine rice.

fiamma
May 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Soup made from cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, red and green peppers and a bit of soya milk and chilli powder.

Oh yum Tabitha! Can you post your recipe *drools* My mum used to make a wicked oatmeal soup with curry powder - keep meanign to ask her for the recipe...
Tonight it's gonna be pizza with grilled veggies... just had lentil dip/pate on rye bread with fresh tomatoes

UrbanVegan
May 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
wholefoods vegan pizza: pineapple/pepper/tomato

They have a vegan pizza? Was that on the buffet or a frozen version?

UrbanVegan
May 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Last night I had avocado sushi. One of my favorite treats. Tonight I think I'm going to Roly Poly and getting their Spinach Stuffer.

Xenius13
May 29th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Tonight I'm having fried tofu with a little BBQ sauce and some steamed asparagus.

poppy seed
May 29th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Tonight we grilled sweet potatoes for the first time - wow! wonderful. Hubby made a soy/sesame seed sauce that was delicious for dipping bites of the sweet potatoes. We also had Boca burgers on Ezekiel buns, and cole slaw made with Veganaise.

Tigerlily
May 29th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Tonight we grilled sweet potatoes for the first time - wow! wonderful. Hubby made a soy/sesame seed sauce that was delicious for dipping bites of the sweet potatoes. We also had Boca burgers on Ezekiel buns, and cole slaw made with Veganaise.

YUM! How big are those buns? Most buns, it seems, are too small for veggie burgers.

Roxy
May 29th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I don't think I've even seen the Ezekial buns here. I've only ever seen the loaf of bread with the pink label.

tipsy
May 29th, 2006, 04:23 AM
mmm the buns are good shtuff!!!

today for dinner i had a (n entire box of) mac n chreese:eek:

i just got back from vacation at midnight last night and i had to start moving today... all i ate all day was a mango & an apple.. so i chowed down on qquick meal of champions tonight!!!

speedylemons
May 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I am very envious of anyone who gets to eat ezekiel buns. :D
The best i get around here is the bread.. and there are a few kinds.. anyone care to share which one they think is the best?

Wildflower
May 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM

I like to cube sweet potatoes, put them on skewers, brush with brown sugar and vegan butter (earth balance) and grill until all carmelly on the bbq. They kinda taste like burned marshmallows if you let them get black.

Yummy, (somewhat) healthy dessert! :p

eclectic_one
May 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm going home and stewing some small "fingerling" potatoes. Then I'm going to brown off some onions, add some sauerkraut and tofu pups, and finally put in the potatoes too. I'm so hungry...I'm glad I'm leaving in 5 minutes to go cook:p

eclectic_one
May 30th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I like to cube sweet potatoes, put them on skewers, brush with brown sugar and vegan butter (earth balance) and grill until all carmelly on the bbq. They kinda taste like burned marshmallows if you let them get black.

I do a slightly different version for "dessert"...I put EB all over the outside of a sweet potato, put it in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for an hour, then split it open and smother it with EB, then cinnamon and brown sugar. My dog and I both love it...only he gets some bits w/o sugar on it:)

poppy seed
May 31st, 2006, 01:22 AM

YUM! That sounds wonderful, we will have to try that next time!

Tonight we grilled eggplant slices and had them with a miso barbeque sauce, and corn-on-the cob grilled in the shucks - delicious. We also put some fresh pineapple slices on skewers and heated them up too. Accompanied by a spinach salad - great dinner! (Can you tell? the grill is new, and we're experimenting with grilling vegetables!)

Funny, Virginia never seems to have anything I read about on VF, but we do have a number of Ezekiel items - hot dog buns, hamburger buns, several types of bread - including cinnamon raisin, which is wonderful.:D

Limey
May 31st, 2006, 01:50 AM
Last night I had avocado sushi. One of my favorite treats. Tonight I think I'm going to Roly Poly and getting their Spinach Stuffer.

Oh, I'll add that to my list of friendly restaurants. I've never been there and so never thought of it.

Wildflower
May 31st, 2006, 04:30 AM
I do a slightly different version for "dessert"...I put EB all over the outside of a sweet potato, put it in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for an hour, then split it open and smother it with EB, then cinnamon and brown sugar. My dog and I both love it...only he gets some bits w/o sugar on it:)

Mmmm! Yummy!

Wildflower
May 31st, 2006, 04:36 AM
Poppy Seed - I love grilling corn in the husks - it is so yummy. Also, I love grilled pineapple, portabella mushroom caps and I make kabobs with grilled red and yellow peppers, white onion, brocolli, grape tomatoes, pineapple, and button mushrooms or baby portabella (porccini).

I really love grilled veggies, but I was suprised how great brocolli and carrots taste grilled - Yummy! Grilled brocolli is awesome.

I also love squashes, zuchinni and eggplant. :)

Seiten and tofu are good too for protein. Or Tofurky sausages.

I grill all year round...when it gets really cold here though, the grill won't work properly because of airflow or something...:confused:

ravenfire
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:30 AM
Tonight we're having veggie packs (potatoes, carrots, zuchinni, mushrooms & onion slices drizzled with italian dressing, wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for an hour) seasoned brown rice and anasazi beans.

foxytina_69
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:32 AM
mmm that sounds yummy raven!

tonight were having corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. mmm summer foods lol.

Tigerlily
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:36 AM
Tofu scramble. The secret ingredient is lots of nutritional yeast and canned tomatoes.

ravenfire
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:13 AM
tonight were having corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. mmm summer foods lol.

Mmm, I know!!! The farmers markets and home grown produce stands just started here and we went to one today. I'm having lunch right now, a tortillia, a raw carrot, a home grown raw tomato and 1/4 of a home grown canteloupe. All of it is so yum!!

Tigerlily, we had tofu scramble burittos for breakfast today. Crumbled tofu, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, & an orange tomato seasoned with turmerric, cumin & soy sauce. Throw it on a tortilla with salsa and it's soo good!

poppy seed
Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:16 AM
Penne with marinara, sauteed mushrooms, spinach and basil. Dessert is Rice Dreams chocolate marble fudge. YUM!

Tomorrow I will be going to our local, annual Greek festival. I think I'll pack a sandwich!!!

Limey
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:53 AM
Tonight we're having veggie packs (potatoes, carrots, zuchinni, mushrooms & onion slices drizzled with italian dressing, wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for an hour) seasoned brown rice and anasazi beans.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_2.gif
I looooove these things! My mom made them for us, but with chicken too, and I would eat so much of this stuff. I will try your version now Raven. :)