PDA

View Full Version : Need a yummmmmy recipe!

strawberry
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hello my lovelies.
Ok, so next weekend Im going to visit my boyfriend in Chicago and since he loves my vegan food, I've decided to bring him some cookies/brownies/cupcakes? Any ideas...pllllllease help! Anything chocolately would be yum! Thanks ;)

Roxy
Oct 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I just know that Foxytina is gonna have something for you!! :D She just made chocolate cup cakes for her sister's birthday!

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:01 PM
^^Well then, I'll plead the 5th until she has had a chance to reply :D

strawberry
Oct 20th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Im sure she does too Roxy! BUUUUUUT conscious I know you ALSO have some amazing recipes?! :D

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM
cc, post your recipe!!! cc has TONS of good recipes :D!

i just use a few recipes i find on the net. theres this one, its very decadent but time consuming:

http://www.dodgeglobe.com/stories/112603/coo_1126030070.shtml

its soooooo delicious. and also, the icing they use for their cake, is the icing i always use for cupcakes and cakes and such. its really easy and really delicious.

theres these ones ive wanted to try:

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganCakes/brownies.htm

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganCakes/chocolate%20cake.htm

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganDesserts/chocolate_brandy_truffles.htm

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/VeganDesserts/chocolate_cheesecake.htm

and theres one in one of my cookbooks for a chocolate cake that sounds realllly yummy. tell me if ud like me to post it!

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
the truffles might be nice to bring to your boyfriend. in a cute little tin. yummmy.

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
oh and also, u can use any cake recipe to make cupcakes with. :)

strawberry
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:01 PM
oh no! The link for the dodgeball website w/ ur recipe didnt work. I have to register?

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM
oh god thats annoying. yes u do have to register now. ill post the recipe for you anyhow :)

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Vegan Chocolate Cake With Creamy Chocolate Frosting

(Preparation 3 hours, 1 hour active)

For the Cake:

1 and 2/3 cups natural large-crystal cane sugar (testers preferred Sugar in the Raw)

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup oat flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa

1/3 cup natural cocoa (testers preferred Scharffen Berger Natural Cocoa Powder)

1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1 cup hot brewed coffee

1 cup light coconut milk

2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3/4 cup vegan butter substitute (testers used Spectrum Spread)

For the Frosting:

Two 10-ounce packages vegan or other semisweet chocolate chips (testers used Tropical Source)

1/2 cup hot brewed coffee

4 tablespoons boiling water

1/2 cup light coconut milk

4 ounces silken tofu

To make the cake:

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 F. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

Process sugar in a food processor to a fine powder, 30 to 40 seconds. Sift sugar, flours, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, then whisk to combine.

Combine cocoas and chocolate in a large bowl and cover with hot coffee; whisk until smooth.

Combine coconut milk, vinegar and vanilla in large measuring cup. Place vegan butter substitute in a medium bowl. Add coconut milk mixture in two additions, whisking until smooth after each.

Add vegan butter-coconut milk mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine, then add this mixture to dry ingredients and fold gently with rubber spatula until just incorporated and no streaks of flour remain.

Divide batter evenly between cake pans and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, switching position of and rotating pans after 12 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.

To make the Frosting:

Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Pour hot coffee and boiling water over chips, then whisk until smooth. Whisk in coconut milk until incorporated.

Process chocolate mixture and tofu in food processor until smooth and combined, 10 to 15 seconds, scraping down bowl once or twice.

Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool and texture resembles firm cream cheese, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (If mixture has chilled for longer and is very stiff, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.)

Transfer cooled chocolate mixture to the bowl of standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Whip mixture at high speed until fluffy, mousse-like, and the mixture forms medium stiff peaks, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

To assemble, invert cakes from their pans. Spread a dab of frosting in center of a cardboard round cut slightly larger than a cake. Place one cake, centered, on the cardboard round. The frosting helps hold it in place.

Using an icing spatula, spread about 1 cup frosting evenly onto the top of the first cake. Place the second cake on top of frosted bottom layer and spread about 1 cup frosting on top. Cover sides of cake with remaining frosting.

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
i just used 3 cups of brown rice flour instead of oat and all purpose flour since i cant eat gluten, and just used 2/3's cup of cocoa instead of two different ones.

this is the perfect cake for a birthday party or celebration of some sort to wow everyone.

strawberry
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:19 PM
awww Thanks Foxy! your too sweet...it looks delic! ;)

foxytina_69
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM
i have an easier one thats in my cookbook and says that it can be made into cupcakes instead. do u want that one too?

puffin
Oct 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM
This is my fav thing to make because it is so easy and so tasty.

12oz (1 pack really) of digestive biscuits
2oz of raisins (about two handfuls)
4oz margarine
2oz of flaked almonds
1 rounded tablespoon of syrup
4oz of plain chocolate (one of the large bars will do minus the few bit i have eaten)
I usually put in some coconut to.

Crumb biscuits and put in raisins and almond and whatever else you want to add
Melt the margarine, syrup and chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
Put melted ingredience in with the biscuit mix and mix well.
Squash it in a tin (make it about 2cm think)
Put it in the fridge to set (takes a few hours)
Cut into whatever size you want.

strawberry
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:22 AM
hmm that sounds yummy Puffin BUT I dont get digestives here in the states! I miss them.
Foxy, sure if you have time. I feel like Im burdening you w/ my recipe need! ;)

Gliondrach
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:35 AM
Here's a recipe that I invented. I published it on the following website under an assumed name - in case anyone came down with food poisoning:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/desserts/r/veganbrownies.htm

Mystic
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:44 AM
Strawbs - try this link (http://vegweb.com/recipes/sweets/)

strawberry
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:52 AM
Thanks Gliondrach & Banana :D I'll try those.

puffin
Oct 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
hmm that sounds yummy Puffin BUT I dont get digestives here in the states! I miss them.

You can use any plain biscuits like oat type ones. I throw in whatever i can find and they always taste nice.

maya
Oct 21st, 2005, 02:32 PM
Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal, Coconut, Walnut Cookies

1 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
3/4 cup vegan brown sugar
3/4 cup raw sugar
Ener-G Egg Replacer = 2 "eggs"
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup carob chips
1/4 oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut (shredded)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:

Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together first 5 ingredients. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, then add to the creamed mixture. Then stir in the carob chips, oatmeal, coconut, and walnuts. Drop by tabelspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes then turn sheet and bake for another 4 minutes. Cool well before removing from cookie sheet.

strawberry
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks Maya :D

maya
Oct 21st, 2005, 04:10 PM
;)

Thanks Maya :D