PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

saycheezly
May 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM
mmmm.. marmite... i am definitely not a hater

Mikey
May 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Don't tell me you are in the "Hate it" camp? I have marmite on so many things! Love it!!! We live with loads of Irish girls & for some reason they all hate it. They think I'm sick too :confused:
Oh noooo.....i *love* the taste of Marmite/Bovril!!!!! :) I've had either of them since i was a kid, on breads and toast, before i adopted a raw vegan diet; my dad's British, so my relatives in the UK would have it, and that's how i was introduced to it, while visiting with them in England, during part of our summer vacations.....and all i can say is mmmmm!!!!! Although, i've always had to eat it very thinly/sparingly spread, 'cos the flavour is so strong; but very *nice* nonetheless! ;) Thumbs up! http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Tigerlily
May 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. Mmm plain oatmeal made with soy milk instead of water, sweetened with agave nectar, and with a few pinches of cinnamon.

pookah
May 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Curry!!!! Or anything left over from the previous nights dinner! lol

speedylemons
May 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I've been on an oatmeal kick lately. Mmm plain oatmeal made with soy milk instead of water, sweetened with agave nectar, and with a few pinches of cinnamon.

I second that. I'm eating some right now, with raisins instead of agave. :D

Vickythevegan
May 27th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Oh noooo.....i *love* the taste of Marmite/Bovril!!!!! :) I've had either of them since i was a kid, on breads and toast, before i adopted a raw vegan diet; my dad's British, so my relatives in the UK would have it, and that's how i was introduced to it, while visiting with them in England, during part of our summer vacations.....and all i can say is mmmmm!!!!! Although, i've always had to eat it very thinly/sparingly spread, 'cos the flavour is so strong; but very *nice* nonetheless! ;) Thumbs up! http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
Yes true, you can't spread it on too thick. Although I manage to get through a jar really fast so I must use quite a lot.

I wish I could survive on fruit for breakfast, it sounds so nice and healthy! I need carbs though or I'll be hungry long before lunch. This morning I had a bagel with peanut butter and strawberry jam. Was lovely! I've just bought a mixture of seeds high in omega oils so I'm going to start having that on my cereal in the mornings :)

Mikey
May 27th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Well, we *do* have carbs with our fruit usually, Vicky; in the form of our raw muesli type cereal we make up in our food deyhdrator....along with some nuts, as a protein food. We never go more than roughly 3 hours without eating *something* though, as this properly supports/stablilizes the blood sugar and metabolism.....so we have snacks in between our meals, such as carrot and celery sticks, or broccoli and cauliflower sprigs, which we dip in some garlic hummus.....yum, yum, yum!!!!! :)

Tigerlily
May 28th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Smoothies are good too but they never fill me up. :p Do you think adding powdered almonds would bulk it up? I already add ground flax.

Roxy
May 28th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I made Banana Bread for breakfast one day last week. The recipe was from How it all Vegan. It was soooo good! I just wanted to keep eating it and eating it. :o

Vickythevegan
May 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Well, we *do* have carbs with our fruit usually, Vicky; in the form of our raw muesli type cereal we make up in our food deyhdrator....along with some nuts, as a protein food. We never go more than roughly 3 hours without eating *something* though, as this properly supports/stablilizes the blood sugar and metabolism.....so we have snacks in between our meals, such as carrot and celery sticks, or broccoli and cauliflower sprigs, which we dip in some garlic hummus.....yum, yum, yum!!!!! :)
Raw diet does sound so healthy, I would like to eat more raw foods. I don't think I could do it 100% of the time though as I love cooked food too much (oh dear that sounds like what meateaters say)! I have a lot of respect for people who do though. I have met one raw vegan & I was asking him so many questions he must have been bored senseless!!!

speedylemons
May 29th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I have met one raw vegan & I was asking him so many questions he must have been bored senseless!!!

I felt bad when i was talking to mikey on msn a while ago, i was asking so many questions just because its sooo interesting and i'd love to eat as much raw as possible.. but i must have bored him to tears! :o :rolleyes:

Xenius13
May 29th, 2006, 01:02 AM
When I'm on a cold cereal kick it has to be Shredded Wheat 'n Bran with soy milk. I should get some fruit to go with it though.

fiamma
May 30th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I looooooooooove pancakes but just feel completely stuffed afterwards. Sometimes all I can face is a cappuccino.

Syren
Jun 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Oatmeal is the be-all and end-all of breakfasts for me. As long as I'm having the sort of day that I can face a real breakfast, oatmeal it is! Preferably with applesauce or bananas & spices stirred in OR peanut butter and homemade jam. Try it. It's *delicious*. When I'm looking for a lighter breakfast, fruit smoothies it is. My favourite smoothie is about equal parts of frozen berries and soymilk with 1-2 tbsp of ground flax stirred in. (... not courtesy of the blender, however. Stir with a spoon/spatula. It sticks to the edges of my blender like mad.) Alternatively, whole wheat or multigrain toast with peanut butter and/or jam or applesauce and fresh fruit are great! I always try to incorporate as many food groups as I can into my breakfast to get off to a good start- so not *just* oatmeal or toast, but including some "milk", fruit/veggies, protein sources, omega-3s, etc.

Mystic
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
You are good. I have been so lazy lately that I have just been eating plain oatmeal with nothing else coz I can;t be bothered :eek:

Smoothie
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:46 AM
i usually eat:
1 tbs og applecider vinegar
i cup of detox tea
a smoothie made from soymilk, some frozen berrys and some banana.
or
a cup of soyalatté if i feel really tired or not into something big.
and of course, my vitamins!

i'd really like a juicer, though. but boy - they're exepensive.

June
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
This morning, I had onion bhajees with sweet chili sauce for breakfast :o. It was very nice indeed.

eclectic_one
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I like Ployes with Earth Balance and maple syrup:p

Syren
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Psst... leftover pasta with cinnamon, sugar, flax and a bit of margarine is also really yummy for an offbeat breakfast. (Insert blush here ;D) I got the idea from the Vegetarian Family Cookbook and it's actually *really* yummy when you have leftover noodles or spaghetti, haha.

Tigerlily
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Today I had oatmeal and I cooked the strawberries in it and then I used agave nectar for the sweetner. Yum! I also had a cup of coffee too, I don't drink coffee at breakfast very often anymore but today I felt like it.

foxytina_69
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
roxy, my boyfriends getting a tattoo today at a shop and someone told me thats where how it all vegan's authors husband works! i dont know if its true or not but that would be cool.

Tigerlily
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Is he vegan too? If so, it would be cool!

vegan1969
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM
rolled oats topped with walnuts, milled flax seed, wheat germ, 1/2 tsp brown rice syrup and blueberries........I eat this almost every morning

Mammal
Jun 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Just cereal, all bran, with soy milk for me or an apple

Smoothie
Jun 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM
cereal w/ vanilla soymilk. or a soy-smoothie. or fruitsalad. or leftovers. or soy yoghurt w/ sugerfree jam. or rolls w/ jam. or toast w/ tahini and jam. or oatmeal. or something danish called Øllebrød. and juice.