PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

foxytina_69
Jun 19th, 2006, 03:24 AM
lately for me its been something really light.

a bowl of cereal, watermelon, or just juice or tea.

today i would REALLY like to have pancakes though, as i bought some maple syrup a few days ago. mmmm....

Spirit
Jun 19th, 2006, 04:52 AM
cant remember if ive posted here already, so apologies if i have!
i love a smoothie made with soy milk, banana, sesame seeds, and a few salad greens thrown in for luck ! Tastes pretty good and keeps me goin till lunch :)

Spirit
Jun 19th, 2006, 04:54 AM
lately for me its been something really light.

a bowl of cereal, watermelon, or just juice or tea.

today i would REALLY like to have pancakes though, as i bought some maple syrup a few days ago. mmmm....

me too, I cant face a big ol meal first thing

snail
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:56 PM
the best is oatmeal with whole grain oats..add some flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, blueberries and dates..yummy..no added sugars..great way to start the day..also add some rice milk at the end and almonds.

Di
Jun 29th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Stevia Blackforest smoothie when cherries are in season:
1 cup soymilk
1 frozen banana
1/2-1 c frozen cherries
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp pure stevia extract
1 tsp vanilla ext (opt)
1/4 tsp almond (opt)
1/8 tsp xanthan gum (opt)
water to make four cups
ice cubes to further thicken

I know 4 cups seems like a lot but I can never get enough of smoothies. I figure its way better than the sugar-laden big gulps they sell at gas stations.

WHen cherries aren't in season I'll use strawberries or I'll have oatmeal:
1 cup rolled oats or other rolled cereal
3 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cinnamon
1/4 tsp KAL's brand pure stevia extract
1 tsp vanilla
splash of soymilk
sometimes ground flax or fake good-for-you-butter

Cook rolled cereal, water, and salt until thick. Add remaining ingredients to taste. Eat all three bowls full. And make tea. What can I say? I am a growing hungry 20-year-old girl? Don't judge me...

When people are coming over I'll usually make cinnamon date rolls or a cobbler or pastry of some sort.

Roxy
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Don't worry Di. Most of us here are non-judgemental of other people's food choices. No one is perfect so no one has the right to judge.

Your smoothies sound lovely!

foxytina_69
Jun 29th, 2006, 05:31 AM
4 cups of smoothie and 3 bowls of cereal dont seem like alot to me. you would be shocked at how much i can eat in one sitting lol.

Mammal
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM
too much of smoothies? No way, i am with you on that! some days i'll eat nothing but go on smoothies - they are that good!
Your's sounds lovely! I'll have to try it!

tammay
Jul 1st, 2006, 02:29 AM
Well, lately, being away from home, I've been doing raw veggies with homemade tehina (my mom is visiting from Israel and brought me a few jars of the real stuff :D) and a slice of whole-grain sprouted bread with some peanut butter. But since coming home, I've gone back to smoothies (tofu, soy milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, sweetener, protein powder) mainly because it gives me a protein kick in the morning, which makes me much more alert during the day. I can't eat too many carbs, even good ones, in the morning, as it makes me sluggish for the rest of the day.

Tam

LGBunny
Jul 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM
a big concotion of oats, wheatflakes, buckwheat flakes, dates, ground flax and maple syrup sat in almond milk - yum! :D

Tigerlily
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Lately I've been really liking cream of wheat cereal with a bit of agave nectar. Yum!

Juice
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:56 AM
my pancakes, with earth balance and organic maple syrup.

Ashee
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:38 AM
French toast with bananas!:
3 cups of bananas
2/3 soy milk
1&1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp vanilla

Blend together, dip bread in batter, fry... Serve with Maple syrup! YUM!!!

claireyveg
Jul 10th, 2006, 07:47 AM
bet your not having that one too often these days Ashlee! 3 cups of bananas jeez i could put a deposit on a house for how much that'd cost me these days, hehehe! Sounds yummy tho!

Ashee
Jul 10th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah, have'nt for some time... having withdrawls!

Tigerlily
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:56 AM
do you have erotic dreams about the guy on the front of the box?

No but if you add too much water/soy milk, it looks like something erotic...

jennyL
Jul 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I'm not much of a cook, especially in the mornings! I often set the breadmaker the night before and have fresh bread and hot coffee for breakfast.

lozza
Jul 17th, 2006, 09:42 AM
my tastes change.

sometimes i go through a toast & tea phase, and i'll have toast with various things on, and peppermint or fennel tea.

in winter, i like getting up early and making a big bowl of porridge with fruit in it, raisins or bananas.

in summer, i like having the alpro plain yogurt with crunchy cereal & fruit, or wheetabix type cereal with fruit & yogurt.

mmmmmmmmmm!

dada
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
i only eat corn flakes with soya milk for breakfast.
or coffee with dark chocolate - bad, i know.
can't eat anything too heavy in the morning.

paulvegan
Jul 18th, 2006, 03:25 AM
coffe with dark chocolate,weird

Sparrow
Jul 18th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Rice porridge with mixed berries and rice milk. :)

lozza
Jul 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
this morning i had crunchy cereal with fruit compote & plain yogurt. :D (like i said i would)

my bf bought dairy greek yogurt for himself & i've made him up a yogurt pot of the same thing as i had, except i used the dairy yogurt of course. i like making things for people! :)

Smoothie
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM
fruit salad, strawberry yoghurt, chocolate mousse, pancakes, muesli, branflakes with vanilla soymilk, green tea with lemon, smoothies, orange juice, crackers, waffles, leftovers. yummie.

VeganJohn
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Recently I've been having smoothies for breakfast or oatmeal. I'm trying not to eat too much bread, although toast is great in the mornings :>

foxytina_69
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:56 AM
rice cakes might fill your need for toast, if youre trying to not eat bread veganjohn. they would be great with peanut butter and/or jam on top. yumm.