PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

lozza
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
Recently I've been having smoothies for breakfast or oatmeal. I'm trying not to eat too much bread, although toast is great in the mornings :>

isnt it just? :) mmm
i always tell myself im not going to have toast & coffee for breakfast, but when i am tired and cold, and have to get up for work, it feels like my only source of comfort.

dada
Jul 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
i only had black coffee this morning :(

cedarblue
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:41 AM
I love a smoothie made with soy milk, banana, sesame seeds, and a few salad greens thrown in for luck ! Tastes pretty good and keeps me goin till lunch :)

for spirit, eve and anyone else who just does fruit at breakfast time. i am trying to up my raw intake and am concentrating on just having fruit for breakfast. i have made smoothies for about three days and today had a bowl of fruit salad - trouble is a couple of hours later i'm hungry again and then feel defeated, end up having toast and marmite when i really want to eat raw up to evening dinner time.

anyone else not last long on fruit based breakfasts? :(

indianvegan
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Cedarblue, you are right ! I too faced the same hunger problem then I had to revert back to cereals plus fruits. I could not continue longer.

cedarblue
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:02 AM
i am going to persevere and add some bulk to my smoothies/fruit salad like some dried dates or figs, dried fruits or ground nuts.

i want to persevere with the raw to dinner time if i can.

this morning i had a banana, an orange, slice of fresh pineapple, 5 dried dates, handful of almonds and hazelnuts as a smoothie at 9.15am, lets see how long it keeps me going for....

indianvegan
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Almond and Cashew Nuts should work wonder with figs and raisins.

Coconut milk, Milk of Sesame seeds/Soyabean can be added too.

Manish

cedarblue
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:30 PM
better today, i got a bit empty feeling about 11.45am but i had forgotten to take my apple with me for a snack but had to wait for lunch till 1.30 - i was really hungry by then:D

DancingWillow
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:06 PM
for spirit, eve and anyone else who just does fruit at breakfast time. i am trying to up my raw intake and am concentrating on just having fruit for breakfast. i have made smoothies for about three days and today had a bowl of fruit salad - trouble is a couple of hours later i'm hungry again and then feel defeated, end up having toast and marmite when i really want to eat raw up to evening dinner time.

Adding raw nuts might help. Raw walnuts are very filling. Or a couple of tablespoons of a raw nut butter of your choice...

Btw, what made you choose dinner as the non-raw meal? I'm interested and curious, because I've been thinking about trying to eat raw all day except for a partially cooked lunch (for instance, salad and a bowl of rice for lunch). My reasoning was that I don't want to burden my digestion with non-raw foods first thing in the morning or at night when my stomach should be resting. I don't know anything about it though, that's just my personal idea/theory.

cedarblue
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
hi dw - i chose the evening meal purely because thats when we all sit down to dinner together. i dont always have time to cook lunchtimes and i like us to all eat the same evening meal too.

you are right about the morning being a good and receptive time for raw stuffs, especially fruit and a light meal is ideal for the last meal of the day too - it just works out better for us this way at the moment.

Korn
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
If I only eat fruit or fruit juices in the morning (if I eat that early), I normally eat some nuts as well (or something else protein rich): the protein in nuts and some seeds (http://www.highproteinfoods.net/nuts-seeds) that makes them good combination with the relatively low (http://www.highproteinfoods.net/fruit) protein levels of fruits.

cedarblue
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
this morning i had a smoothie (or it ended up a thickie) of 1 banana, 1 nectarine, 1 slice of fresh pineapple, 2 dried figs, 5 dried dates, sprinkle of sesame seeds and a handful of mixed nuts. phew - im full :)

thanks for the charts korn.

cedarblue
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
theres no doubt about it, adding dried fruits or nuts to my fruit smoothie definately keeps me going longer without getting hungry.
today; 1 banana, 1/4 melon, thick slice fresh pineapple, 5 dried dates.

cedarblue
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM
yesterday: slice of melon, mango, banana, blueberries, some soaked mixed nuts and seeds.

today: orange, banana, kiwi fruit, dried raisins.

my3labs
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I usually eat fruit (ie: watermelon, banana, grapes, etc).
I'm trying to stay away from bread. Refined carbs are not my friend.

Tigerlily
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Lately it's been Koala Crisp cereal.

gertvegan
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Weetabix (or Doves Farm BioBiz), Farleys rusk, and soya milk.:D

Troutina
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to give vegan yoghurt another try, and I've got some organic blueberries to have with it, yum!

sandra
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:11 PM
I didn't know Farley's rusks were vegan, I used to love them, I'll get some tomorrow! :)

n00dlez
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops with soymilk. Or sometimes I might eat fruit and drink water or soymilk with it.

auntierozzi
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
Porridge with almond buttery stuff and apple syrup in. I think that I am addicted to this infact.

Mystic
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
I'm going through a stage of eating peanut butter on toast

emmapresley
Jan 9th, 2007, 12:12 AM
we've just started making banana smoothies with soya milk..bananas..erm..that's it really :D

suppose i could add extra stuff to make it more nutrient dense (nutrient dense sounds really grown up..hurrr!)

SpaceMonkey
Jan 14th, 2007, 03:57 AM
For the last couple weeks I've been eating blueberry pancakes nearly every morning. Truly the breakfast of champions.

veggiegirl52
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hi! I am a young vegan. (13) I usually don't eat breakfast never have......... But my favorite lunch. Is avocado rolls. Whitch I ALWAYS get if I'm at a japanese restaraunt. And my local grocery store has them in there sushi section. I've got lunch covered.....But what do you guys like for dinner?

fiamma
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Hi veggiegirl,
try the What do you have for dinner? (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598) thread, or What did you eat today? (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=270613#post270613)
You'll get lots of ideas there.