PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Purple
Jan 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM
we've just started making banana smoothies with soya milk..bananas..erm..that's it really :D

suppose i could add extra stuff to make it more nutrient dense (nutrient dense sounds really grown up..hurrr!)

Good girl :) It's great isn't it! My gf told me to add cinnamon - seriously, try it. It's *amazing* :D

oh. and I usually have that Nature's Path millet rice with soya milk - http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/603346.html

YUM!

For a change, or after a night of drinking, I do a little Vegan fry up.

Whole Earth organic baked beans - http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/494222.html

Fried organic mushrooms (the waitrose ones are great, literally half a box)

2 or 3 slices of Rosissky rye bread (toasted) http://www.village-bakery.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.vb_flypage&product_id=26&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45

2 or 3 soysages

What do you other guys do with fry-ups? What am I missing... anyone had scrambled tofu instead of egg, and how does that come out? I'm a little bit dubious.

Purple
Jan 17th, 2007, 11:33 PM
For the last couple weeks I've been eating blueberry pancakes nearly every morning. Truly the breakfast of champions.

I've been having Orgran's - buckwheat pancake mix (except I add a lot more water to make crepe style).

SpaceMonkey: We have the pancakes with blueberries, sliced bananas, a dollop of soya yogurt, and some agave nectar. OH. MY. WORD. it's awesome ;D

(sorry to double post)

hollybee
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hi! I am a young vegan. (13) I usually don't eat breakfast never have......... But my favorite lunch. Is avocado rolls. Whitch I ALWAYS get if I'm at a japanese restaraunt. And my local grocery store has them in there sushi section. I've got lunch covered.....But what do you guys like for dinner?

I like to make a simple soup with Vegetarian "Chicken" soup base (from our favorite Asian shop), noodles and tofu. Or I'll have Weetabix with soy yogurt, black sesame seeds and a little rice milk.

Gorilla
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:56 PM
we've just started making banana smoothies with soya milk..bananas..erm..that's it really :D

suppose i could add extra stuff to make it more nutrient dense (nutrient dense sounds really grown up..hurrr!)

i like to put ground flaxseed in banana smoothies. :)

Enchantress
Jan 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I had some porridge with sultanas (I think they were sultanas) and maple syrup, cooked for me by the lovely Mr Stu, on Tuesday, which was very nice. It was the first time I'd had maple syrup.

Yesterday I had a big bowl of cornflakes with soya milk, soya yogurt, sliced banana, agave nectar and ground flaxseed. I didn't have it at breakfast time, but it was very tasty and I figured it would be a good thing to have for breakfast.

emmapresley
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM
i can't believe i never thought of trying cinammon in the smoothie..i do love cinammon and bung it in all sorts of other stuff..so will try that..ta! also heard that (good) peanut butter is ace in smoothies..

is ground flaxseed the same as flax seeds that you grind up in a pestle and mortar? (apologies if that sounds a little gormless..i have tried grinding them up but it didn't seem to make loads of difference??)

this last week fro breakfast weve just been utterly gorging on these amazing clementines i found on the market..can't get enough of them!

Gorilla
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM
i buy pre-ground flaxseed from health food shops. i think if you do it yourself it's best done in a coffee grinder.

emmapresley
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
i did try to grind the ones i got..but my coffee grinder is a great hulking turn-the-handle thing and the teeny seeds just fell out of the bottom. :confused:

i do have a tablespoon flax oil daily (which tastes pretty manky imo)..tend to sprinkle the seeds on salad or on top of other food

Gorilla
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM
i hate flax oil, i prefer the ground seeds because i think it tastes kind of nutty and make a nice addition to a smoothie. i tried putting it on cereal though and it soaked up all my milk :p

emmapresley
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
it's fishy and nutty and evilly claggy..I'm not impresed with the taste at all..but i reckon a tablespoon of it while i have my nose pinched so i can't taste it isn't too bad once a day..I'll have a look for the ground seeds tho..thanks gorilla :)

foxytina_69
Jan 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
today for breakfast i made pancakes (plain and some with chocolate chips), tofu scramble, and hashbrowns. yummmmm.

pavotrouge
Jan 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
At the moment, I'm also addicted to porridge with different kinds of dried fruit, especially figs!

catala
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM
MMM... some toast with spread avocado, scrambled tofu with bread crumbs and turmeric and beans on top mmm... with a good vegetable juice; sweet potato, pepper, carrot and brokoli, delicious!!

sprite1986
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
:eek: and you make that all for breakfast?! Bloody hell!

I don't think I would have ever thought of combining avocado, and baked beans, let alone all of that with turmeric! But I presume it's nice.. so I might try it at some point! :)

catala
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:21 AM
hahahahaha!! I have that breakfast only on sundays.
Let me tell you how I make it.
Get some bread, toast it, get some avocado, scoop the flesh out and spread it on the toasted bread.
Aside, get some tofu (smoked or plain) and mush it up with some bread crumbs using a fork,fry it like a scrambled egg afterwards, add the turmeric ( I think it's called turmeric! it's a yellow powder mainly used for curries) until it gets a yellow colour.
Put the "scrumbled egg" on the bread and the beans (previoulsy warmed up) on top... try it! tell me if you enjoyed it! ;)

Magic_Alex
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Ooooh yum :p
Personally, I like nothing beter than beans on toast and a good brew. But, deary me, smoothies are just heaven-sent, arnet they?!

catala
Feb 6th, 2007, 12:35 AM
They are indeed.
In fact, smoothies are my daily breakfast. Pure sunshine for my body!

emmydu
Feb 14th, 2007, 10:23 AM
cereal, chocolate chip waffles, anything tasty really. =]

scarlett
Feb 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I usually just have cereal with alpro yoghurt but after reading this thread I may be more adventurous in the mornings :)

pavotrouge
Feb 20th, 2007, 08:57 PM
It's almost impossible to get smoothies over here http://www.cosgan.de/images/kao/traurig/a015.gif and I don't manage do make them myself (damn cheap blender).

Recently I've been hooked on VwaV Coconut Pancakes.

Quincy
Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
either homemade pancakes or "french toast". I think my french toast comes out better than the pancakes, but I REALLY like both!

paradoxsund
Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
ooo smoothies are awesome, but i usually don't have them for breakfast because i don't want my flatmates to wake up on account of the blender...i think my favorite breakfast either granola with lots of dried fruit, or tofu and veggies and toast =D i'll have to try that recipe, catala!

rrochester
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
i love scrambled tofu with veggies and i use ketchup too

hollybee
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've been making smoothies with seaweed (I was having some problems with chills and night sweats until I started eating seaweed again), banana and whatever leftover vegetables I can find.

Yoggy
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping that these Vegan Crepes (http://www.recipezaar.com/20437) will be my new favourite breakfast food. I'll let you know next weekend after I've tried them ;)