PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Cherry
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Depends what mood I'm in. I like pancakes with maple syrup and fruit for a sweet breakfast, muesli and soya milk for a light summer breakfast, or veggie bacon, sausage, fried potato cubes, scrambled tofu, tomatoes and sweetcorn fritters for a proper fry-up!

Kiran
Mar 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
My usual is ....

Two monster sized toasts. One with Peanut butter and Jam and the other with hummus
Mushrooms fried with garlic paste
One fried tomato
Two sausages
Coffee

Well thats pretty much it..

Yoggy
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Is your fried tomato green? (Sorry, couldn't resist :D)

nunya515
Mar 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
vegan pncakes with unsalted organic peanut butter and real maple syrup.

or soy yogurt with blueberries and granola

puffin
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:43 PM
My usual is ....

Two monster sized toasts. One with Peanut butter and Jam and the other with hummus
Mushrooms fried with garlic paste
One fried tomato
Two sausages
Coffee

Well thats pretty much it..

All that for breakfast, im inviting myself around.

Im loving oats with soya milk. I used to hate them but really liked the look of the dorset one. It was really nice but quite sweet so i am now eating some plain organic oats with some organic strawberry jam, YUM.....

sandra
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I love those Dorset cereals Puffin! :)

puffin
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yes they are good. Im just trying to keep the cals down at the moment though so keeping it simple and boring :) Dried fruit adds quite a few cals :rolleyes: I did make some banana and choc chip muffins today though :o

sandra
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Oh Puffin............I want some of them! :)

Gorilla
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM
oooh me too :o :)

Mermaid07
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:55 AM
either homemade pancakes or "french toast". I think my french toast comes out better than the pancakes, but I REALLY like both!

HEy Quincy what is your recipe and what kind of bread do you use? I used regular sliced whole wheat and it came out awful. The bread was not getting crispy!

fiamma
Mar 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
A good tip is to use bread that's a bit stale, or lightly toast it. Also cover it while it's cooking and leave it to sit for quite a while, it firms up that way. I had a real disaster the first time I made it :(

VeggieFrank
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM
my better half makes the most amazing pancakes + maple syrup = crazy delicious.

Justin
Mar 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM
beans on toast, I do what has been described as a 'gourmet' version

absentmindedfan
Mar 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM
How is it gourmet? I'm intrigued

Justin
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I mold the beans into faux escargot shapes?

RachelJune
Mar 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Today I tried out the recipe suggestion on the back on the GranoVita Organic Quinoa packs. It's simple, delicious, and very healthy.

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup orange juice
Dried fruit
Lemon juice
Olive oil

Simply heat the oil, add the lemon juice and quinoa and saute for a few mins, then add the fruit and stir to coat. Finally add the orange juice and let it soak for a while until all absorbed.

I used sultanas, goji berries and cashew nuts, and a touch of mixed spices to complement the orange. This is a nice breakfast for those with a sweet tooth :D

MarkAnthony
Mar 13th, 2007, 01:30 AM
My usual breakfast these days is either muesli with soya milk or porridge made with soya milk (or chocolate cake...ahem). I'm also extremely partial to a vegan fry up of Redwood's bacon and sausages, scrambled tofu, beans, toast....well, you get the idea.

cheeky_b
Apr 4th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hey, a newcomer here. ;)

My fav breakfast now is Granovita's horse radish, red beans or whichever (they're all so good) on a few pieces of bread with coffee w/ soy/rice/oat milk. Just great :cool:

pavotrouge
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome cheeky_b!

I've recently grown to love rice soup of any variety...I love warm breakfast, but don't like getting up early to prepara it.

Melanie
Apr 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm absolute RUBBISH in the mornings :p So my ideal breakfast would be a vegan fry up -wistful sigh-
For the moment it looks to be a banana :/

~xx

Tigerlily
Apr 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I made this yesterday...

I spread some almond butter on a corn tortilla and then mashed a banana. I then folded it in half. :) So yummy!

foxytina_69
Apr 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM
yum tigerlily. that sounds creative AND delicious.

lately my "breakfast" (i dont wake up early, i sleep in really late but i guess its still breakfast) has been natures path mesa sunrise cereal w/ soy milk and fruit, or just fruit.

coconut
Apr 8th, 2007, 11:13 AM
This morning I made raspberry pancakes and they turned out quite well. I mixed with raspberries into the batter. When they were cooked I added some maple syrup and it was like eating a cake :)

I spread some almond butter on a corn tortilla and then mashed a banana. I then folded it in half. So yummy!

That sounds lovely! I'll have to give that one a try.

tofutofu
Apr 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Mmm that does sound nice! i think though my favourite breakfast is multigrain porridge using soya milk. I freshly grind oat groats, quinoa and amaranth and use that for the porridge and i also add oatbran. So delicious!! ;D

vegfairy
Apr 13th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm lazy in the mornings too so I usually have some warm or cold muesli with soy milk (cold) or water if I'm warming it up to make it more of an oatmeal type texture. Or half a bagel with fruit spread on it.

When I had lots of time on my hands (younger with no responsibilities lol) I would make these awesome vegan pancakes..and vegan chocolate brownies and pumpkin muffins. I need to start cooking again.