PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

stumbleine
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:40 PM
maybe this is not the right thread, but anyway, this is about breakfast. ive *tried* to like oatmeal, and i see many of you do. maybe it's the way i cook it or something but i hate its texture.... reminds me somehow pre-digested food
could you help me and tell me what to do, or what am i doing wrong?

moonshadow
Apr 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM
i'm not a big porridge fan, either.

i make some most days for my daughter (two years old) and she adores it. my husband eats a big bowlful on the weekends too (he makes it for the two of them on weekends).

i'm just not into the texture, so i totally get not liking it.

Jippia
Jun 18th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I love oatmeal and I usually cook the porridge with soy or rice milk. I may use other flakes or mix them with the oatmeal, like millet or amaranth flakes.

On workdays I keep it with one slice of bread spread with a litte Marmite and tahini or a small bowl of soy yogurt and muesli (nuts and fruits).

I usually have a glass of fruit juice and glass of non-dairy milk. When I have time to have tea, I like nettle tea or another herbal tea.

Mirjam

Wishin986
Aug 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
ymmm my favorite breakfast is oatmeal w. low calorie maple syrup and craisins w. 1 TB of cinnamon PB - delish!

having it right now :) well actually just plain oatmeal - dont have the other ingredients unfortunately and i was in a rush to get to work

foxytina_69
Aug 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
vegan "egg" muffins (scrambled tofu with vegan bacon or sausage rounds on an english muffin) and vegan sausages on the side. mmmm.

Mystic
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I usually just like to eat toast, tea and coffee. On my toast I like either Orange Marmalade or Blackberry Jam. I don't really like much else (as in spreads). Sometimes I will have a different flavour (my husband likes strawberry jam) if I have run out :)

My weekend breakfast (when I can be bothered) is either:
- oatmeal w/ blueberries and banana
or
- sourdough toast w/ avocado, sau'teed mushrooms, spinach and tomato, baked beans and ketchup :p

RubyDuby
Sep 27th, 2007, 08:00 AM
when i'm camping I'll throw a coupla traditional style tortillas on the grill over the fire for a minute to make them slightly crispy but still a little soft and squish avocado on it. so good. i dont know why i only eat them when i'm camping... :confused:

Kitteh
Sep 28th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I like Planet Organic's Gluten Free Porridge with rice milk, I add a banana and/or pear and lsa, psyllium and cinnamon - YUM!

Might have to go back to a cereal in summer, it's getting a bit warm for porridge

Windfall
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I love french toast with strawberry compote - its my weekend breakfast together with a vanilla soy-latte hehe

foxytina_69
Oct 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
a big ass breakfast. pancakes, hashbrowns, vegan sausages and bacon and scrambled tofu and ketchup and syrup all on a big plate and big glass of oj or apple juice. yummmmmm.

me and steev sure love our big meals lol.

xwitchymagicx
Oct 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I really need to find some quick, simple, healthy, filling breakfast foods...:confused: I can't be arsed to read the whole of this topic though. lol

I want a smoothie maker, then I can have those for breakfast!!

vegcurry
Oct 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Have you got a liquidiser? We use that to make ours. Try liquidising a chopped banana, soya milk, raspberries and blueberries. Yummy

BlackCats
Oct 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Foxy and vegcurry - they both sound like lovely breakfasts.:)

I like to have a vegan cooked breakfast - baked beans, veg sausages, toast, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms and cup of proper tea. I never really have it that often though, hmm maybe tomorrow I will.

Saying that I do love my toast/bagels/crumpets/muffins as well.:)

xwitchymagicx
Oct 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Have you got a liquidiser?

No, i've got to buy one!

crimson~noir
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I am very boring I eat fruit for brekkie:p.

MarkAnthony
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
a big ass breakfast. pancakes, hashbrowns, vegan sausages and bacon and scrambled tofu and ketchup and syrup all on a big plate and big glass of oj or apple juice. yummmmmm.

me and steev sure love our big meals lol.

Word. Vegan fry ups are fecking brilliant.

foxytina_69
Oct 15th, 2007, 04:56 PM
haha markanthony i agree.

now i am craving a big ass breakfast sandwich. an english muffin piled high with scrambled tofu, ketchup, vegan sausage or bacon and maybe vegan cheese served warm. mmmmm. *stomach grumbles*

yum
May 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
scrambled tofu, potato waffles, vegan sausgaes, beans and toast (my attempt at a fried breakfast :o. tatses good though:D

MarkAnthony
May 11th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Scrambled tofu, veggie bacon, veggie sausage, fried mushrooms, fried tomato, hash browns, toast and a glass of fresh orange juice is a winner of a fry up as far as I'm concerned.

My most common breakfasts however are muesli, porridge and/or smoothies.

Cumin
May 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Redwoods rashers (http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin/cb260/myshop.php?merchant=cb260&prodid=297&sinprod=1&currencyid=287) in crusty seeded bread with tomato and plenty of wholegrain mustard.

My slightly healthier option is Whole Earth Maple Frosted corn flakes with soy milk.

I'm also partial to a fry-up.:D

maikeru
May 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well there are lots of different options you can add to tweaking fried breakfasts, and yours is as good as any other!

2. Sausage or bacon sandwich with brown sauce.

3. Cover a plate in blue corn tortilla chips, black bean chili on that (make in advance so you only need to heat it through in the morning), and then scrambled tofu on top.

4. Black beans, home fries (small cubed potatoes fried in a frying pan), scrambled tofu, with a spicy tomato sauce.

5. Waffles with maple syrup and fruit and cream. Although not easy to come by in the UK, John Lewis on Oxford Street sell (or at least used to) a Philips combination grill/sandwich toaster/waffle iron which was useful, and easy to clean as it uses interchangeable plates for each function so you could take them out and wash them in the sink. Again like the chili you can premake the batter and leave it in the fridge overnight

6. Pancakes with fruit and maple syrup and cream, or omlettes. There are various ways of making vegan versions of these.

7. Hot bread with chocolate. If you have some part-cooked mini baguettes or something they are good for this, just put them in the oven for 10 minutes (or whatever the instructions say) and then cover with lots of chocolate spread.

8. Beans on toast, or scrambled tofu on toast.

Michael.

pavotrouge
May 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
odd one out here again... I love Japanese and Thai-style breakfasts.

Either miso soup and rice and mixed veggies and nori or a coconut-based rice soup and fruit.
Or Indian, but I'm too lazy to cook that up most mornings.

Pob
May 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Baked breakfast is so quick and easy:
I just bake all the following in the oven for the following times:
30 minutes: Nut cutlet or spicy beanburger or sausages, hash browns
20 minutes: Red pepper, courgette, celery, breaded onion rings
10 minutes: Mushrooms, tomatoes

pavotrouge
May 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Isn't it funny how different cultures have so very different breakfast habits?

I find that in most English-speaking countries and Asia, people usually prefer a warm breakfast while in continental Europe, most people give you a stare if you tell them you eat something that's actually *cooked* for brekkie.

Aurore
May 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
french breakfast here, lol. meaning it has to be sweet.

1.toasted bread with jam or a vegan nutella. i usually add a soy yogurt and a bowl of tea.

2.crêpes !! homemade of course. this time with applesauce, fruits cut in slices, maple syrup,... just about anything in the fridge or cupboard that can be used as a filling.

3.quinoa api !! so easy and so tasty !

4.cereals, muesli or just good ol' oats with soy milk, raisins and a bit of brown sugar. plus some crushed almonds or hazelnuts.

5.waffles. for some reason i always think waffles are better eaten as a mid-afternoon snack, so i rarely eat them at breakfast, unless there's some leftovers.