PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ellaminnowpea
May 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I always have one of two things:

quinoa flakes (or oats) w/ banana and splash of rice/hemp/soymilk

"cereal" - banana, orange, apple, various berries w/ hempmilk

I always thought a banana mashed with various nuts and seeds would be good. Or try having a tofu scramble w/ peppers and tomatoes, but I'm scared crapless to cook tofu and have it turn out gross.

confusionisben
May 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I still just love a huge bowl of kids cereal best, swimming in soya milk.

fondducoeur
May 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
scrambled tofu with mushroom, onions, carrots, nut yeast, and spices:)
toast with hummus

treehugga
May 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
spelt and wheatgerm pancakes (american style with raising agent) with lots of vegan spread and maple syrup (the real deal- non of this imitation crap!)

Hemlock
May 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
We generally have:

Cereal with soya milk (for our vit B12 daily dose) or:

Fruit smoothie, usually dried blueberries, apple, banana, apricots, any other fruit lying about with either orange/apple juice to blend or soya milk.

Fruit salad with nuts and seeds.

Homemade wholewheat bread (with some buckwheat flour mixed in) with vegan margerine and marmite.

For a special treat we might do a fry up, beans, grilled tomatoes, toast, veggie sausages, beans, savoury waffles, mushrooms etc.

yum
May 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
thanks for mvoving me to the riht thread- sorry didn't see all these great suggestions

yum!

x

Enchantress
May 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM
For a special treat we might do a fry up, beans, grilled tomatoes, toast, veggie sausages, beans, savoury waffles, mushrooms etc.

Seemingly beans are so important that you have to have them twice in the same meal. Hmm, I shall have to bring a gasmask with me if I ever come to visit you and Corum :p.

puressence
May 18th, 2008, 02:59 AM
My favourite vegan breakfast would have to be a bowl full of assorted fruits; bananas, feigeos, guavas, tamarillos, strawberries, pawpaw, pessimon, watermelons, etc all covered with a drizzling of passionfruit pulp! It is soooo devine! 3 years I have been eating breakfast that way and I love it!

ellaminnowpea
May 18th, 2008, 05:39 AM
that sounds really good, puressence! what are tamarillos and pawpaw? lol they must be in the "exotic fruit" section? ah i love persimmons though!

puressence
May 18th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hi ellaminnowpea!

Pawpaw are a yellow large elongated or round edible fruit that has small black seeds inside it, the fruit comes from a small North American tree or shrub of the custard apple family, it has large oblong leaves and purple flowers on it. The fruit is sooo creamy and tasty. Another name for them also is Papaya or Papaw.

And Tamarillos or another name Tree Tomato is from a South American shrub of the nightshade family, with edible handsized oblong red fruit, they have tiny black seeds in it too. This fruit is one of my favourites, the juices from it amazing especially when it is with all the other fruits for breakfast.

horselesspaul
May 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
puressence,
Can you change your font size back to the default. That's tiny...
And Tamarillos are ace.

Qaxt
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
I've never been big on breakfast foods. I'll stick with my Luna bar, thanks. Or maybe some fruit. :P

crazy_vegan
Dec 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Fruity pebbles & silk soy milk! Or Van's waffles =) Hmm..although I do love hashbrowns! So many options! lol

Dan T
Jan 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
At the moment I'm mostly having organic meusli soaked in grapefruit juice overnight with organic soya yoghurt and 2 table spoons of milled flaxseed. And yogi tea :)

twinkle
Jan 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
spelt and wheatgerm pancakes (american style with raising agent) with lots of vegan spread and maple syrup (the real deal- non of this imitation crap!)

When I was little I got taken to a pancake house once and LOVED that imitation crap! I don't even know where I'd be able to buy it now, and would almost certainly chicken out if I saw the ingredients, but I do remember thinking it was delicious at the time :)

squigaletta
Jan 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
porridge! chai porridge, nutmeg porridge, chocolate porridge, banana porridge, plain porridge, porridge with agave, man I love porridge, normally I only have it for breakfast but you know what, after writing this...I'm gonna have some porridge :D

beanstew
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Weekdays I tend to have cereal and rice milk and fruit or toast and marmalade and a big cup of decent coffee (freshly ground beans brewed in a cafetière) before rushing out of the door to go to work.

Weekends I like beans on toast or a full-on fry up (mushrooms, bread, sausages, potatoes, beans and tinned tomato). I love the tomatoes squished into fried bread.

DiaShel
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM
porridge! chai porridge, nutmeg porridge, chocolate porridge, banana porridge, plain porridge, porridge with agave, man I love porridge, normally I only have it for breakfast but you know what, after writing this...I'm gonna have some porridge :D

Is porridge oatmeal? I feel like I've ask this before but I forgot...

I always have a green smoothie for breakfast but I ate breakfast foods other times of day. My favorite is oatmeal with banana and PB. Or a toasted bagel with vegan margarine and jelly. Or bagel with apple and PB.

squigaletta
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
yeh porridge is oatmeal. I've never had oatmeal and PB...that sounds luuuush! Might have to try it when I'm allowing myself PB again :D

jackie
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:54 PM
A concoction my roommate dreamed up:

handful raw oats
small handful uncooked millet
1 banana
few splooshes soy milk
cinnamon
nutmeg
pinch salt
toasted nuts if you want (pecans/almonds)
tsp or so flax seeds, toasted & lightly ground
dried cranberries or golden raisins

that sounds yummy !

DiaShel
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM
yeh porridge is oatmeal. I've never had oatmeal and PB...that sounds luuuush! Might have to try it when I'm allowing myself PB again :D

Yeah, a lot of times I don't allow myself to buy it, usually I go months at a time without it. How do you do chocolate oatmeal?

boatsteem1
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Nothing beats pear and roobarb cream with soya milk and tomato toasts to go with it!
That's yum yum!

Normally I have whole-oat porridge with strawberries and ginger, though. I have it with blueberry soup which makes it much better than with milk.

squigaletta
Feb 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, a lot of times I don't allow myself to buy it, usually I go months at a time without it. How do you do chocolate oatmeal?
I do a couple of things for chocolate, just making it with chocolate soya milk, for something a bit richer I melt a couple of squares of chocolate or a couple of truffles into it. And for something really basic I just add cocoa powder and a bit more agave nectar.

harpy
Feb 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
As I was mentioning in another thread, our hotel in Barcelona served salad for breakfast which was very nice and refreshing - it made me think I will eat more salad at breakfast time at home. I often have sprouted seeds or cucumber with my toast so I'm going to diversify.

Porridge may be better when it's cold though :D

Rose Jail
Feb 8th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Vegan pancakes topped with something ridiculously sugary, apple, strawberries, and some vanilla soy ice cream. I'm pretty sure I could eat this every day and never be sick of it.