PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

folkharpist
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:25 AM
I usually eat a fresh apple first thing (best way to start the day, yumm) and then later have actual breakfast. I am usually not very hungry when I wake up but I find if I eat fresh fruit and wait for a half an hour or so, it helps.

I go through breakfast food phases but some recent favorites include oatmeal with cinnamon, soy yogurt w/ fruit or granola and homemade smoothies.

On special breakfast days, I love things like toaster waffles, whole wheat blueberry pancakes, breakfast potatoes... things like that. Breakfast time is the greatest!

genisis
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
scrambled tofu :satisfied:
a month ago i tried a different way of doing it,got it of everydaydish.tv,ive become addicted cant get enough of it :eek:

talknerdytome
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Muesli is my current fave. An orange is always good.

On 'special' days I like pancakes.

pavotrouge
Mar 7th, 2009, 07:48 PM
who can resist julie hasson, anyway?

Quantum Mechanic
Mar 8th, 2009, 06:11 AM
hot breakfast:

tofu scramble, blueberry pancake, and hash browns.

Cold: cold cereal (such as granola or bran flakes) with fruit, almond slices, flax seeds, and soy yogurt on the side, maybe some toast and jam on the side.

Can't beat the classics IMO.

speedylemons
Mar 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I have read nearly all of the posts on this thread and have yet to determine what my favorite breakfast would be. I love breakfast!! It's definitely my favorite meal.. heh :D:D

JC
Mar 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
^ Me too! I've been looking through this thread for ages looking for inspiration, i always struggle with what to eat for brekkie - maybe someone can suggest something..? I've been on plain soaked oat groats for weeks now and i'm getting really bored of it. Problem is, i love cereal so much that when i buy it i just have it at every meal instead of proper meals so it doesn't last very long. So basically, i need something that i can't snack on throughout the day, but is quick to prepare in the morning. Or the night before, as long as it's not as boring as soaked oats. And something not sugary... :D Any suggestions??

DiaShel
Mar 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
^ Me too! I've been looking through this thread for ages looking for inspiration, i always struggle with what to eat for brekkie - maybe someone can suggest something..? I've been on plain soaked oat groats for weeks now and i'm getting really bored of it. Problem is, i love cereal so much that when i buy it i just have it at every meal instead of proper meals so it doesn't last very long. So basically, i need something that i can't snack on throughout the day, but is quick to prepare in the morning. Or the night before, as long as it's not as boring as soaked oats. And something not sugary... :D Any suggestions??

I do the same thing! I just can not have cereal in the house.

If I'm feeling healthy I do a smoothie, but it is kind of time consuming. You could cut up fruit and eat it with nuts/seeds. There are plenty of things you can do with oatmeal to make it more interesting. Add fruit, PB, chocolate... I even do preserves if I'm in a pinch.

This morning I had banana waffle (veganomican). The batter was left over from pancakes yesterday. If it were just me eating it one batch of batter would be breakfast all week.

JC
Mar 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who can't be trusted with cereal then :D

I think you're right with the porridge suggestion - i mean, i'm alot less likely to snack on plain oats (although, i wouldn't put it past me...)

DiaShel
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I'm glad it's not just me who can't be trusted with cereal then :D

I think you're right with the porridge suggestion - i mean, i'm alot less likely to snack on plain oats (although, i wouldn't put it past me...)

I don't know about you, but I'm much less likely to snack on something that needs any preparation. It's the stuff you can grab that gets me.

JC
Mar 11th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm much less likely to snack on something that needs any preparation. It's the stuff you can grab that gets me.

Exactly! That's why i've been soaking oat groats for these past few weeks :p I think it's because if something takes time to prepare, you have to consider if you really want it. I find that the answer is almost always 'no' :rolleyes:

Nobylspoon
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
"Fronch Toast" from Veganomicon with organic hashbrowns and fresh fruit. I usually make a fresh loaf of french bread in the bread machine the night before, truely amazing!

This is my Sunday morning (or afternoon if I sleep in :P) treat.

Elahiya
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM
my supercoffee: 2 tsp instant coffee (preferably infused one), 1 tsp each of maca and mesquite foamed with either almond/soya/quinoa milk.

but there´s nothing better than a really nice cappu at a coffee shop... i love my foam...

JacqueMUA
Mar 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I love to have a bowl of fresh fruit every morning!! today i had blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, pineapple, and kiwi!!!

Other than that sometimes ... almost rarely ... i'll have farina and when i cook it i always add cinnamon and a little nutmeg!

Sarah_
Apr 7th, 2009, 05:27 AM
-pancakes with chocolate chips and syrup with hash browns topped with serrano peppers, ketchup and tabasco and bacon

-breakfast burrito with scrambled tofu, tomato, cilantro, green onions, rice, jalapenos and avocado topped with sour cream, salsa and tabasco. And bacon

-tofu scramble with toast (topped with earth balance and apricot pineapple jam) and lightlife bacon.

-bagel with cream cheese, jalapeno and tabasco. And bacon on the side.

I love fake bacon.

If I want cold breakfast I like:

-cereal in rice milk
-berry flavored yogurt with granola
-smoothies
-fruit platter

DiaShel
Apr 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
^ A little drool just ran out of my mouth :p

JC
Apr 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
My current favourite breakfast is this:
Fruit salad, a good one is banana, pear and grape... whatever's lying around really, topped with plain yogurt blended with banana, sprinkled with a few seeds and a handful of jumbo oats. It's the best, and it makes me feel all healthy and clean! :D

Jippia
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Sounds nice.

squigaletta
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I have just had my new fave b'fast; toast with pure, coconut spread and sliced bananas. tis amazing.

Est
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I love to have a bowl of fresh fruit every morning!! today i had blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, pineapple, and kiwi!!!

Other than that sometimes ... almost rarely ... i'll have farina and when i cook it i always add cinnamon and a little nutmeg!

Yes, I have fresh fruit every morning too, usually strawberries, raspeberries, blueberries and blackberries. Sometimes with kiwi, nectarine and pear depending on what's available.

It makes me feel far less guilty about the hot ciabatta with masses of Pure spread that I eat straight after! :p

Occasionally I'll have porridge with soya milk and maple syrup - very nice :)

JC I know what you mean about "Do I really need this food?" - I'm starting to snack more throughout the day and it is totally because the food is there to eat and doesn't need any prep. I need to stop buying snacks!

Est
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I have just had my new fave b'fast; toast with pure, coconut spread and sliced bananas. tis amazing.

What coconut spread do you use? I want to try this!

squigaletta
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I found it in an asian supermarket, and thought it looked cool! Its called Matamis na Bao; sweet coconut spread, and is made by 'Buenas'. It's really nice, like coconut caramel.

Est
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks Squig :)

yum
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:21 PM
cranberry wheats, with soya milk and grapes yum!!!!!

DavidT
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
hot breakfast:

tofu scramble, blueberry pancake, and hash browns.

Cold: cold cereal (such as granola or bran flakes) with fruit, almond slices, flax seeds, and soy yogurt on the side, maybe some toast and jam on the side.

Can't beat the classics IMO.

Tofu scramble and hash browns! Sounds wonderful. With freshly ground Ethiopian organic coffee, paradise.

If only I could get this on some menus somewhere in town. I rarely eat breakfast but I might try that next time.