PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

squigaletta
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks Squig :)

The same company also make 'ube' purple yam spread, which I had on toast for b'fast today, it was amazing!!!!

Glittermonkey
Apr 28th, 2009, 12:04 AM
my favourite is something from every colour of the rainbow with added extras,blended into a yummy smoothie! for example today i had:
rasberries, orange,banana, a little kale and spinach, blueberries and blackberries.(you can not taste the greens but they are sooo good for you! )
I then added some macca, raw cocoa powder and purple corn.
It is like a healthy chocolate smoothie, chocolate and rasberries is amazing! This keeps me full and happy till beyond lunch! :D

DiaShel
Apr 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
my favourite is something from every colour of the rainbow with added extras,blended into a yummy smoothie! for example today i had:
rasberries, orange,banana, a little kale and spinach, blueberries and blackberries.(you can not taste the greens but they are sooo good for you! )
I then added some macca, raw cocoa powder and purple corn.
It is like a healthy chocolate smoothie, chocolate and rasberries is amazing! This keeps me full and happy till beyond lunch! :D

I try to drink green smoothies every day but I've never heard of using corn! I don't know what macca is and never thought of cocoa. So three questions
1) what's macca?
2) why corn? (I heard it doesn't have much nutrients)
3) Do you get little seeds from the raspberries?

Russell
May 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5087.0

THESE.

I am disarmingly in love with these gorgeous greasy monstrosities. I haven't read the nutritional info particularly carefully, but I'd imagine they'd be too unhealthy to eat everyday. I have, however, set aside a weekend a month to indulge in these babies and, quite literally, spend the other 28 days of the month looking forward to the next designated binge period. Utter euphoria!

BlackCats
May 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM
^ They look good Russell.:) I will be making them soon.

everdream
May 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
On sunday mornings I treat myself to:

40g oatbran, nuked with about 200ml soymilk and a bit less than 100ml water.
I nuke it then at the end, add in a 2 heaping teaspoons of nutritional flakes, then garnish with more.

It smells just like cheetos, and tastes so yummy.

Snickers
May 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Vegan crepes made with Ener-G, filled with blackberry jam, and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Serve with a side of orange juice.
Delicious.

Karmalife
May 26th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Honestly? I keep it simple. Fruit and a protein like a shake with soy milk. Maybe even a handful of almonds in there :)

LoganMariee
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Vegan granola with strawberries , bananas , blueberries and soy milk . I eat it every morning !

TheLovelyJesse
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:14 AM
I was pretty gosh darn proud of myself because tonight when I was planning my meals for tomorrow, I was going to take a vegan raw bar (very quick and very very easy), but when I went digging around my cupboards, looking for an ingreidant for tomorrow's dinner, I found that long ago I bought rolled oats, and forgot about them.

So anyway, long story short, rolled oats, chopped walnuts, half a banana and a little maple syrup is my new favorite breakfast :)

Linxie
Jul 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
At the moment I am loving just cornflakes with ice cold rice milk :)

Jaceymacy
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Mushrooms on toast! Mmmm
Mushrooms and toast?............like mushrooms on toast?...what kind of bread do u use?

*live*&*let*live
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I love mushrooms on toast, any bread will do, just toast and pop on your cooked mushrooms! I add a bit of chilli flakes when cooking mine in the pan and maybe a few grilled tomatoes YUM!
Mashed avocado on toast is also nice with the mushrooms and tomatoes! :D

Jaceymacy
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I love mushrooms on toast, any bread will do, just toast and pop on your cooked mushrooms! I add a bit of chilli flakes when cooking mine in the pan and maybe a few grilled tomatoes YUM!
Mashed avocado on toast is also nice with the mushrooms and tomatoes! :D

yeah...idk i could use just any bread.......i have been looking for a bread in the supermarket and i really can find anything w/out hfcs?....any suggestions?

*live*&*let*live
Jul 6th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Sorry do not know what hfcs is? :(

Ms_Derious
Jul 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup

I didn't know either ;)

Jacey, could you make your own bread? I used to do this a lot. I don't at the moment (long story) but it works out a good price. If you are worried about the kneading, there are lots of no-knead recipes out there. I tried some and found it a bit dense for my tastes, but you might find different :)

Jaceymacy
Jul 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry do not know what hfcs is? :(

High Fructose corn syrup

*live*&*let*live
Jul 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Don't think its an ingredient used over here in bread, I have never seen it anyway. So sorry, can't advise you on bread varieties without it, but as recommended by Ms D if it is a staple ingredient over where you are then maybe attempt to make your own? :thumbsup:

RubyDuby
Jul 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM
yeah...idk i could use just any bread.......i have been looking for a bread in the supermarket and i really can find anything w/out hfcs?....any suggestions?
Check the frozen section in your health food store. I don't think the sprouted breads have it in them... expensive though.

Jaceymacy
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup

I didn't know either ;)

Jacey, could you make your own bread? I used to do this a lot. I don't at the moment (long story) but it works out a good price. If you are worried about the kneading, there are lots of no-knead recipes out there. I tried some and found it a bit dense for my tastes, but you might find different :)

Sounds like a good idea....but can i really make bread w/out eggs and butter?.....and what kind of yeast do i use? :dizzy:

Jaceymacy
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:14 AM

Ms_Derious
Jul 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a good idea....but can i really make bread w/out eggs and butter?.....and what kind of yeast do i use?

Yeah, it's no problem:) I've always used olive oil in bread, never butter. I don't have any problems with commercial yeasts, but I also make sourdough a lot, which just use wild yeasts that come from either the air around you, or more likely in the flour itself. This means each sourdough culture have subtly different properties in terms of taste, appearance etc. I really think it's worth giving it a go :)

Have a little google around for some different vegan sourdough recipes, there are loads, and I'm sure you'll find one you like.

You could also try soda breads :)

Good luck finding something that you like. Breads are like snowflakes, it's only when you look at them closely, you see how different they are, and how beautiful.

Windfall
Jul 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Right now my favv is throwing plain soy yoghurt, ice, blueberries, raspberries and some flax seed oil in a blender - yummy! Peaches are also nice to add to this.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM
That sound lovely and refreshing especially in this weather windfall! :smile:

Oliver Oil
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:17 PM
A piece of toast with margarine and Marmite, followed by a bowl of Shreddies cereal with soya milk and fresh strawberries. Not very exciting, I know, but morning is the part of the day I least feel like cooking.