PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

steroidicalkiwi
Aug 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
taters with my own nutritional yeast cheezy sauce. nummmmm

steroidicalkiwi
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
taters in cheezy sauce. or pancakes!

fiamma
Aug 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
Eek, pancakes!!! I absolutely adore them, but they sit like a rock in my stomach if I eat them in the morning :sad: Lucky you that you can eat them for brekky.

Recently I've just been eating fruit - a grapefruit out of the fridge on a hot morning hits the spot perfectly :)

Justin
Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
breakfast is calling

HanNZ
Aug 23rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
greek scrambled tofu - with spring onions, sundried tomatoes and olives, yum!!
or
Toast with avocado, tomato, basil and sometimes tofetta (basically little squares of tofu marrinaded in oil and herbs to look like feta)
or
more day to day is home made muesli or organic corn flakes/other cereals and soy milk

maebelle
Sep 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Thanks to these forums I tried mashed avocado on toast this morning and about DIED it was so delicious! I put a little veganaise on first, it was naughty good.

I usually go for oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, and vanilla soymilk though.

Pob
Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
We've been having crumpets and jam a lot lately. Mainly because we have sooooo much elderberry and bramble jam to eat!

squigaletta
Sep 4th, 2009, 06:23 AM
have been sessioning fruity breakfasts. Melon and grapes, peach and mandarin segments, apple and nectarines etc. It's all in the name of increasing my fruit and veg intake and its going pretty well, plus I really like it, fills me up, keeps me going and is yummy.

Sunkist
Sep 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I'm loving Green smoothies in the morning with flax powder,- I always eat fruit in the morning. I usually have some bread/advocado/salad/houmus about 11- second breakfast :bigsmile:

jimmeh
Sep 5th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I just had a deep fried Tofu burger sandwich with tomatoes, pickle and mayonnaise for breakfast. Because it's Saturday. And I can.

beanstew
Sep 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I just had a deep fried Tofu burger sandwich with tomatoes, pickle and mayonnaise for breakfast. Because it's Saturday. And I can.

I'm intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :D

jimmeh
Sep 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I'm intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :D

Ha ha :D who says vegans don't get heart disease? I'm trying hard to dispel the myth

RubyDuby
Sep 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
everything bagel with earth balance, placed under a broiler, then topped with tofutti cream cheese or tahini.

the broiler does magical things to buttered bread.

Roxy
Sep 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM

I have to admit.....it does sound delicious!

emzy1985
Sep 10th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Mashed avocado on toast is also nice with the mushrooms and tomatoes! :D

I wasn't very well last night so when I ate that this morning it was like the first thing I had eaten in twenty four hours. Man it was sooooo lush...but for extra taste I add a dollop of ketchup. (The bread has to be wholemeal with plenty of "butter" too! :D)

I'd love to eat fruit for brekky everyday, unfortunately this is a very expensive habit for me. :(

cornishdreadhead
Sep 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM

That sounds amazing:D
My personal favourite is scrambled tofu with cherry tomatoes and salad onions on toast.:D

Ms_Derious
Sep 10th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'd love to eat fruit for brekky everyday, unfortunately this is a very expensive habit for me. :(

I don't have a job at the moment, and rely on Aldi/Lidl for fruit. It means I have to eat whatever they offer me cheap, but it's okay I guess.

Man, I was so happy when mangos were 29p each!

linera141
Sep 14th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Back when I did eat breakfast, it was usually something simple, like a bagel or rice cakes. That is boring, I know, but dinner has always been my full, interesting meal.

Panzer
Sep 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
This morning i had a vegetable sandwich and a bowl of grapenut flakes with chocolate soy milk on them.

Lainy
Oct 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
My favorite and also everyday breakfast is fruit.Apples, oranges. Juicy fruit rules :)

beanstew
Oct 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I had organic corn flakes with agave nectar and oately today. It was delicious.

Tallulah
Oct 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
FRUIT!! And sometimes a bean taco on a corn tortilla with hot sauce. Yum!

FatPassionFishPoet
Oct 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Mmmm, this thread makes my mouth water. I must steal some of these ideas and use them....

...just not for breakfast O_o You must all be very inspired in the morning :o I find it hard enough to grab a piece of fruit before shuffling lazily out of the door...

Generally, I have a pear for breakfast, because they're yummy, and keep me going for ages :p Plus I can eat them while I walk along to college...

I keep forgetting to eat first thing, and pack lunchboxes, which is annoying. I turned up at college the other day starving because of my forgetfulness, and thought I'd grab something vegan when I was there. But you know what? There was NOTHING Vegan on the breakfast menu! I was so dissapointed! And who the heck serves super-massive hotdogs, drenched in sauces and the like, with a free fizzy drink...for breakfast? No wonder half the students are obese >_<

Ms_Derious
Oct 22nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
This morning I had Tofu stirfried with kale, onions, ginger and garlic, served drizzled with yummy miso and soy sauce recipe, topped with toast sesame seeds and served on toast.

Windfall
Oct 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
at the moment, porridge made with almond milk, then drizzled with maple syrup, few mixed seeds and goji berries