PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27

beanstew
Jan 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM
definitely delicious :D (spag with tomato sauce that is...)

+1 It's a classic.

http://beanstew.co.uk/static/images/spag-on-toast-20091213.jpg

DiaShel
Jan 21st, 2010, 12:56 PM
Oh... I... see.... :umm_ani:

:D

Holly78
Jan 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Bran flakes with soya milk, raisins and blueberries....I am partial to a Fry's sausage sandwich with brown sauce

ahimsa_vegan
Jan 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
smoothies! i use any combination of these depending on my mood:

vega, hemp protein, rice protein, raspberries, spinach, ground flax, ground pumpkin seeds, flax oil, rice milk, orange juice, blueberries, bananas, cocoa.

YUM

Also love tofu scrambles.

ecovegan
Jan 21st, 2010, 08:05 PM
Favorite breakfast is at a place called Whole World in Clintonville, OH! They have this amazing dish called the big breakfast. Consisting of veggie sausage, tofu scramble, potato hash (potatos, corn, broccoli, onions, green pepps, etc.) and an english muffin. OMG!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it:) If anyone out there from Whole World...hurry....please re-open soon:) We miss u!

leedsveg
Jan 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM
Porridge with ginger and turmeric.

lv

genisis
Jan 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
scrambled tofu is always my favorite brekkie (although i eat this not just at breakfast time) but if im not in the mood to have a 'cooked' breakfast a simple thick slice of toast with lashings of dairy free butter and a good dollop of jam goes down really well followed by a nice hot black coffee :-)

jennyfedei
Jan 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
Oh stop! You're making me hungry!! That sounds so delicious too! I love a good homemade jam on a thick slice of homemade toast. I made some strawberry-rhubarb jam recently that was soooo good. I found this particular tofu scramble on the internet somewhere and really liked the combination of foods. It had an amazing flavor.

You know what else makes a great breakfast? I took a bowl of hot oatmeal and topped it with sliced bananas, soy milk and a special topping that I made. The topping consisted of equal amounts of walnuts, flax seeds and wheat germ mixed up in a blender to a fine crumble mixture. I put this in a tight container in the frig and use it to top off soy yogurt, cereals or anything else that comes to mind and it's very healthy too.. rich in omegas! I also added a wee bit of maple syrup on top. It makes a very satisfying breakfast and is packed full of nutrition, especially with a glass of OJ! :smile:

pete_m
Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
My favourite breakfast/brunch is
- vegan sausage-mix patties (the dry mix that you add water to)
- baked beans
- fried mushrooms (in veg oil, with a teaspoon of dried herbs)
- tomatoes (fresh or tinned) with a splash of balsamic vinegar
- mug of tea with some Oatly milk

I think I could eat this every day, and it'd never get old!

chefness
Jan 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Fresh apple slices dipped in baked oatmeal.
Blended Nanner and Chickory Root
Berries n' fresh pressed almond milk
Homemade sourdough bread (or regular)
Muffins (spelt, rye, whole wheat, kamut, brown rice...flour, homemade only)
Apple pie pancakes (or any variation made with spelt, rye, whole wheat, kamut, brown rice...flour - homemade of course)
Quinoa, buckwheat, barley, spelt, kamut - (whole grains)
Steel cut oats
Freshly squeezed juices, fresh smoothies
Baked rosemary homefries (though never for me - but I loove to cook for family/friends)
Latkas (Again, not my thing but I love making them!)
Fresh made fruit salad

Honestly, whatever I feel like making - and whatever those who I'm cooking for feel like eating - I love a challenge!

Eat Y'self Fitter
Jan 24th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I hardly ever time to really cook or make anything in the morning but breakfast is really important for me, So I shoot for a pretty high calorie breakfast of

Coffee obviously. Preferably guzzled rather then sipped. Black from my coffee press.

A glass of soy milk if I don't put it in the coffee.

Breakfast staples: Peanut butter on a bagel or toast. A banana if not a glass of orange juice.

Beans on toast, piece of fruit

Bowl of oatmeal with banana a dollop of agave nectar and cinnamon if I get bored of my regiment of peanut butter toast and baked beans.

Scrambled tofu with spinach on the weekends.

Eat Y'self Fitter
Jan 24th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Speaking of spaghetti on toast, besides that being a brilliant Idea, I'm considering putting spaghetti with some type of vegan meat ball in a pita pocket now. Spaghetti pocket, the things this forum makes me think up.

Enchantress
Jan 27th, 2010, 02:40 AM
That sounds good. I want to try spaghetti tacos.

fooldramaqueen
Jan 27th, 2010, 10:28 AM
My 'weekend breakfast' (i.e. not bran flakes :P) is a veggie sausage or two sandwiched in a toasted bagel with marg & marmite.... Some garlic mushrooms on the side if I really need a treat!

I also really love frying up a mixture of onions, oyster mushrooms & tofu with the spice mix in the Veganomicon scrambled tofu recipe...

HotSquirrel
Jan 27th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Just lately I've got a thing for semolina for brekkie

sunrisesunset
Jan 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
soy chorizo!!!!

RubyDuby
Jan 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM
pizza

Barry
Jan 31st, 2010, 09:43 PM
soy chorizo!!!!

pizza

I like the way both of you think. I think next weekend I'm going to combine the two :D

timberly
Feb 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Cinnamon buns are my favorite!!!!

Wildflower
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Weekday things...

Coffee w/soymilk and a peanut butter sandwich

or

Luna bar

or bagel

or soy bacon on toast

some fruit - usually a banana and maybe a peach to go with it

veganwitch
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Cinnamon buns are my favorite!!!!

+1. Now I am craving them. I just might have to make some soon.

cedarblue
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM
i'm alternating between green smoothies and porridge for breakfast at the mo. today i had porridge with grated raw apple in and pumpkin & sunflower seeds.

...oh, and i like shredded wheat with warmed soy milk and mashed banana on top.

crazy_vegan
Feb 10th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Rice Krispies Cereal w/ Vanilla Soy Milk :D Yum.

loveganism
Feb 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Porridge with agave nectar.

Scrambled tofu on toast.

Smoothies- either blueberry/soy milk or frozen fruit with OJ

Chocolate stars cereal.

Hmm, all this bagel talk may kick off my bagel addiction again- bagels with chili hummus and marinated tofu. So good, even my cat used to want it!

Firestorm
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Well a couple of years ago it would have been black coffee, chewing gum and possibly a cigarette.
Not any more:
Porridge: So good soya milk and some lovely oats
Toast and jam
NAKK raw food bar, NAKD protein bar if I've been swimming
Cinnamon bagel
Nana's Cookies (Oatmeal and Raisin are great for breakfast)
Triflfe (I Know it sounds strange but give it a try)
Christmas pudding
Oats, milk and fruit.
Porridge made with hot water (I have to make it this way in work as my boss wont allow any food that is warm, smells or requires cutlery). And I have to eat it without him seeing