PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27

Sarah_
Feb 19th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Sausage and bacon with syrup or a ketchup/tabasco mix for dipping, along with tofu scramble, pancakes with butter and syrup and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup, and then biscuits and gravy. And then a little plate of hash browns, and on the side an onion bagel with cream cheese, tabasco and pepperoncinis with a dash of lemon pepper.

Best. Breakfast. Ever.

MyInnerHippie
Mar 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I totally love breakfast! Don't know if I could choose just one. Top 5?

1. Breakfast Burrito with scramble tofu, peppers, onions, and Gimme Lean sausage
2. Banana Pancakes
3. Bagel with Toffuti Cream Cheese
4. Kashi GoLean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble cereal with soy milk
5. Oatmeal with flax seeds, raisins, cinnamon, and brown sugar.

Yum!

patientia
Mar 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
1. Soy yoghurt - fruit or vanilla.
2. Frozen blueberries, raspberries.
3. Apples.
4. Smoothie (fruit, fruit juice, soy milk, yoghurt, wheatgerm, walnuts...)

Black tea with every breakfast.

erynne936
Apr 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
in cold weather: oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins & peanut butter

in warm weather: frozen banana smoothie with cocoa powder, peanut butter & vanilla

Blueberries
Apr 7th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Bran flakes with soya milk, raisins and blueberries....I am partial to a Fry's sausage sandwich with brown sauce too.

Brown sauce is pretty damned amazing, I have to say!
But my question is what brand of Bran Flakes do you buy that's vegan? I used to love them but the kelloggs ones have honey in them, at least they did the last time I checked :umm:

Also, I'm loving all the mad and wonderful breakfast suggestions!
Depending on how much time I have and how early it is I usually have porridge with hemp seeds and blueberrries, marmite on toast, just regular toast, or sometimes cereal with rice milk (I love those raspberry oat clusters that Jordans do :D). Tofu scramble and baked beans may sometimes also be in order!

karen_87
Apr 10th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Smoothies with any combination of fruit, or beans on toast...and always a mug of tea :-D

Sooky
May 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Mh... Fresh Orange juice for little time. Else, scrambled tofu or silken tofu, mixed with rice and soy sauce (and optional veggies). Or pancakes with strawberry jam or chocolate cream, yum! Or rice with bean sprout soup... Or fresh bread with veganaise, nutritional yeast flakes, gherkins and tomatos. :D A lot of things, really!

harpy
May 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
But my question is what brand of Bran Flakes do you buy that's vegan?

These ones look vegan: http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/130957_Goodness_Bran_Flakes_Organic__500g.html

I think I've seen similar ones in health food shops but wouldn't swear to it as I always buy muesli :D

aubergine
May 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
A simple pleasure, my favourite breakfast at the moment is wholemeal multigrain toast with spread and thick cut marmalade and a cup of coffee. During the week I start quite early so I have to make do with flapjacks when I get to work which is not ideal.

vegcurry
May 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Tea and toast, but if I have the time to prepare it I prefer fried mushrooms on toast.

BeansnLens
May 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM
always:
2 double espresso or one HUGE cup of coffee.
large glass of fruit puree and vanilla soy milk
banana
often:
potatos, onions and green pepper in my hot air cooker. (like a steamer, keeps all vitamins in the foods but uses only a tblsp oil to make 2 lbs. result? fried-like consistency but very good for you )
or
Im not crazy about tofu so I skip the veggie scramble in favor for maple style beans and whole grain toast.
or
sweet salad (iceberg with fruits and a lemon/maple syrup
dressing.) with nuts

powerlifer
May 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
tofu scramble is what im addicted to at the moment.

IbanezGuitar5
May 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hemp Shake (:

veganhealthy
Jun 1st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Vegan french toast made with banana instead of egg is absolutely incredible.

RubyDuby
Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
How do you go about making that? just mash up banana with some soy milk?

colleengirl95
Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:20 AM
My favorite vegan breakfast would always consist of :
Silk Very Vanilla
Oatmeal
mixed fruit toppings

veganhealthy
Jun 3rd, 2010, 04:19 AM
I actually use coconut milk for the vegan french toast, although soy would work, too. You can get the recipe on video at the following page. Hope you enjoy: Healthy Vegan Breakfast Techniques (http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/free/healthy-breakfast-techniques-2)

RubyDuby
Jun 3rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
thanks! :)

Nik
Jun 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM
--Vegan homemade bagels (my mom gave me the recipe along w/her bread machine that I don't recall her ever using in the entire 20 years I lived with her) w/peach and apricot spread.
--cup of coffee
--smoothie made from mango, pineapple, almond milk and some vegan protein powder (this was a little too filling for me...lol, I am not much for smoothies but needed to get rid of the mango)

veganvoo
Jun 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Provomel yogurt and granola
Linseed bread with PB or Natex
Fried tomatoes, mushrooms and onions with veg choice sausage n toast
Cinnamon bagel and tofutti cream cheese
Tofu scramble with garlic mushrooms, toast and tommy k

isabella
Aug 30th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, wheat germ and a little brown sugar.

Shrapnel
Sep 6th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Oat bran with soy milk, especially when it's cold, or I want some comfort food. I also like bran flakes with soy milk for something simple. When I have the time, and want to go fancy, then I'll make French toast.

friend
Sep 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Fried tofu with chillies n salt, then a vegan scone with swedish glace.

emzy1985
Sep 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
At the moment my favourite thing to have for breakfast is a smoothie! Two bananas, spinach, hemp protein powder and some frozen berries. If I'm really feeling something sweet, I'll add some syrup or agave.

Tigerlily
Oct 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Lately I'm digging...

Oatmeal made with soy milk with raisins and a teaspoon of agave nectar (all you need!)

Toasted soy cheese and tomato sandwiches on English muffins

Baked beans, toast with jam, and hashbrowns

Frozen waffles with syrup (I found a great vegan brand that is only 1.99 per box of 6---SUCH A BARGAIN! Considering most vegan, organic ones are like 3-6 dollars a box. Oh, the brand is Our Compliments organic line, available at Sobeys for the Canadians).