PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27

sprollie
Oct 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM
I am crumpet mad at the moment. But I have bloody forgot them lol from asda

Festered
Oct 6th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Tofu scramble....popadums, tonnes of coffee and fried mashed potato patties (note, I only eat this stuff at a weekend when hungover!)
Usually breakfast consists of a few cups of tea with soy milk and sugar (I am bad!)

mecocat
Nov 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
I don't think you can beat steaming hot porrige made with soya milk heavily drizziled with Golden Syrup..mmmm yum!!:D Though i have to take my time with this one and eat it slow..with a mug of tea. So this is just a winter weekend breakie for me, the rest of the time i have Co ops version of weetabix!

Lynn
Nov 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
I am crumpet mad at the moment. But I have bloody forgot them lol from asda

They have a vegan version? :amazed_ani:

Every kind I looked at last night, had eggs in them :(

Andy_T
Nov 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Another vote for the Green Smoothie ...

... I start with some of my favourite fruits, e.g. pineapple, pears, apples and some water and let the Vitamix do a spin....

... first glass is for the wife (who does not like bananas) ... then I add banana and spin it again (for the kids)

... and finally I add the leafy greens (spinach most of the time) for myself!

Best regards,
Andy

Shrapnel
Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
I don't think you can beat steaming hot porrige made with soya milk heavily drizziled with Golden Syrup..mmmm yum!!:D Though i have to take my time with this one and eat it slow..with a mug of tea. So this is just a winter weekend breakie for me, the rest of the time i have Co ops version of weetabix!

For me, I really love oat bran with soy milk. Oatmeal is tasty, but oat bran is healthier, and feels heartier; I feel full longer. It's also nice for when it's cold in the morning. Just pure comfort food.

Though, I've also been having breakfast shakes more often too (a package of silken tofu, cup of soy milk, spoonful of wheat gluten, spoonful of cocoa powder, and two or so straberries).

sandra
Nov 3rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
Your breakfast shake sounds delicious Shrapnel..............I'm going to give that one a go. :)

Today I made my own breakfast cereal bars using oats, cherries, vegan 'honey' and peanut butter..............they're not half bad!
I was so fed up with the shop bought bars containing milk or honey or something non vegan that I decided to make my own version.

Shrapnel
Nov 13th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Your breakfast shake sounds delicious Shrapnel..............I'm going to give that one a go. :)

Today I made my own breakfast cereal bars using oats, cherries, vegan 'honey' and peanut butter..............they're not half bad!
I was so fed up with the shop bought bars containing milk or honey or something non vegan that I decided to make my own version.

^_^ Thankies. I hope you like it.

Ooh, cool! I never made my own cereal bars before. Sounds like fun actually.

twinkle
Nov 14th, 2010, 03:47 AM
They have a vegan version? :amazed_ani:

Every kind I looked at last night, had eggs in them :(

most of the non luxury ones are okay, it's normally butter they have in, never seen crumpets with eggs, are you thinking of muffins? Sainsburys crumpets are labelled vegan, for instance, and Tescos ones had vegan ingredients last time I looked...

Lynn
Nov 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
most of the non luxury ones are okay, it's normally butter they have in, never seen crumpets with eggs, are you thinking of muffins? Sainsburys crumpets are labelled vegan, for instance, and Tescos ones had vegan ingredients last time I looked...

I must have got my crumpets and muffins mixed up! :o
I have given up on Asda as I'm finding Sainsburys much more helpful with their labelling for a beginner vegan, so I shall get them at the weekend to go with some lovely Traidcraft strawberry jam! :D

TXvegan
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I am so lazy! I just love to eat fruit for breakfast at work, since there is always a fresh variety for free in the break room and I'm the one hurrying around in the morning to get our two girls ready for creche and make my husband's lunch.

RubyDuby
Dec 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Lately it has been Mountain Mix Mojo Clif bars... I do love a big breakfast though. Tofu scramble, fakin bacon, hash browns, toast. yum

Sidhariel
Feb 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM

Vegan ''Honey''? What's that made of?

Festered
Feb 15th, 2011, 08:10 AM
It's from vegan bees :p
I assume Sandra means something like a mixture made from agave nectar? That's what I use. I am on a coffee drip.

pusskins
Feb 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Grape Nuts. LOVE Grape Nuts. With banana. And more Grape Nuts.

I soak the Grape Nuts in soya milk in the fridge before I eat them, though. It's such a comforting food, I find.

harpy
Feb 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Vegan "honey": http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=237&Category_Code=640

Not sure that's what Sandra had though.

khadagan
Feb 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I'm very pleased about my latest green smoothy, which happened to be ultra green as well.

1 apple
1 pear
little bit of cucumber
handful of spinach
chia seeds for the omega fats
few icecubes and water

Really lovely and fresh tasting, absolutely delicious! :)

Greyowl55
Feb 16th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Unfortunately, nothing. The thought of food before about midday makes me feel ill. I have been told frequently that that is very naughty, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, stops you picking etc, but I just can't do it.

Maranne
Feb 16th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately, nothing. The thought of food before about midday makes me feel ill. I have been told frequently that that is very naughty, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, stops you picking etc, but I just can't do it.

I've been that way my whole life. I have to avert my eyes if anyone is eating in the morning so I don't get nauseous. I do like a nice breakfast though around lunch time or even for dinner. My favorite is a tofu 'omelette' stuffed with mushrooms, onions and a bit of Daiya cheddar with some hot sauce splashed on top of it. And hash brown potatoes, toast and some home made bean 'sausages'.

grapegirl
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I like everyones ideas, it seems everyone has it going here :D

For me personally I am not really hungry in the morning. I drink water or a cucumber juiced with lemon or even plain orange juice freshly squeezed.

Then I drink my banana shake (at least 15 bananas mixed with water).

:)

Ms_Derious
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:53 AM

I used to be exactly the same... however, these days I've trained myself into eating breakfast and wake up hungry. I've found that if I don't eat breakfast within about 30mins of actually becoming vertical I lose my hunger, often for the rest of the day.

Most days breakfast is either some kind of beans on toast, or some kind of porridge. I've just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes (boooo) so I am being a little more concious on the sugars front and have been having savoury porridge, which is rather scrummy. I do miss the maple syrup though ;)

fiamma
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:53 AM
^ You might be interested to know that agave nectar has a lower glycaemic index compared to other sugars; my bf has diabetes and it doesn't appear to cause him problems (in moderation).

I'm in the midst of a tapioca frenzy :lol: I make it with a mixture of coconut milk and soya milk and leave it to set in the fridge...
It makes a great breakfast :)

pusskins
Feb 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I'm in the midst of a tapioca frenzy :lol: I make it with a mixture of coconut milk and soya milk and leave it to set in the fridge...
It makes a great breakfast :)

That sounds yumlicious! So you simmer it with the milks and then pop it in the fridge?

fiamma
Feb 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
For me personally I am not really hungry in the morning. I drink water or a cucumber juiced with lemon or even plain orange juice freshly squeezed.

Then I drink my banana shake (at least 15 bananas mixed with water).

:eek: You eat 15 bananas when you're not hungry? :eek:

Ms_Derious
Feb 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
^ You might be interested to know that agave nectar has a lower glycaemic index compared to other sugars; my bf has diabetes and it doesn't appear to cause him problems (in moderation).

Thanks :) I think Agave isn't recommended in pregnancy though as it stimulates uterine contractions. However, I have decided to pretty much follow a diabetic diet even postpartum as it will massively reduce my chances of getting type 2 in later life. I don't exactly live on sweet things but I'm thinking a little bit of Agave might be the perfect substitute :)