PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

fiamma
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
That sounds yumlicious! So you simmer it with the milks and then pop it in the fridge?

That's the one :)
The original recipe states 500ml water plus 250ml milk, 175g brown sugar and 120g tapioca..
Since it comes in 500g bags, I boil a quarter with a tin of coconut milk (about 400ml) which I make up to 500ml with soya milk then add another 250 of soya milk. I use less sugar - about 80/100g of brown sugar with 25g or so of white.
I also sometimes add a bit of cinnamon. The pack also says to soak the tapioca for an hour beforehand... once you've done that, drain it and boil it together with the sugar and milk(s) - it only takes about 10-15mins to cook.
Then I pour it into a rectangular plastic box and put it in the fridge when it's cooled a little, cut it into squares when it's cold :cool:

Totally recommended! :thumbsup:

pVegan
Mar 18th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I typically eat 1 of 3 things.
1. Banana and protein bar, with orange juice
2. Granola with berries and soymilk
3. Strawberry Protein Smoothie

I try to focus on getting a little extra dose of protein in the morning, to get that extra supply of energy for focus

xwitchymagicx
Mar 18th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Gluten Free Porridge with Seeds/Raisins and Golden Syrup (bad I know. lol)

Tofu Scramble with Mushrooms on Gluten Free Toast...or sometimes with hashbrowns.

Vanilla or Chocolate Pancakes with Fruit...or if I'm feeling unhealthy ice cream/syrup.

Jiffy
Mar 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I only have this at the weekend. Toasted muffins filled with grilled ' bacon' usually redwoods, melted cheesely, grilled tomato and mushrooms. Topped with a bit of chilli sauce.

During the week I have muesli with soya milk topped with whatever fruit is around and some extra nuts.

Ms_Derious
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
At the moment I have a variation on a smoothie each morning.

The base is
250ml Soya Milk
125g Soya Yoghurt
1 tbs flax seed Ground
1 tbs coco powder
1 tbs Tahni or Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Frozen Banana

Into this I throw about 30-50g of frozen fruit of whatever type I fancy, and then blend it like crazy. If I add some icecubes (about 6) it's very thick, almost pudding like, and if I soak the flaxseed in the milk overnight it's even better.

I normally has a very small slice of toast with yeast extract before this.

Vegan-bellydancer
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
I've ony just recently changed my diet to vegan (a little over a week ago actually) so I'm getting some good idea's here.

Though I have been enjoying Jalapeno humus on pumpernickel bread topped with cucumber and cress also museli with soy milk

sigen92
Apr 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I am so loving this thread ;)

Okay, a typical morning for me would be:
Wake up and do 45 minutes of yoga and meditation, then pour myself a cup of coffee. When I've finished this, I make a smoothie made from whatever I have on hand, usually this:

2 bananas, oranges or apples, or a mix of two of those
A little oat bran
A LOT of veggies, typically red and yellow bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, red beets and SPINACH!
And just enough ornage juice to make the blender work :p

Guess it's more a fruit puree than a smoothie :o

Assaye
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Current favourite is a late breakfast, early lunch of warm bagels with Tofutti cream cheese and a slice of Redwood bacon on one side, and a hummus/tahini mix on the other side. Mmmm.

sevenseas
May 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
My usual is oatmeal with walnuts, some brown sugar, and whatever fruit or spices I feel like throwing in. Made with water.
OR whole wheat bagels/toast with peanut or almond butter.
I usually have calcium-fortified orange juice or fruit on the side.

But favorite would be a HUMONGOUS breakfast. Some combination of (pick one from each):
BAKED GOOD: Some variation of waffles (pumpkin chocolate chip or banana-oatmeal-raisin or double chocolate). Blueberry pancakes. Lemon poppyseed muffins. Blueberry scones. Cinnamon muffins. Cinnamon rolls with tons of icing. French toast.
FRUIT: Fruit salad. Juice. Smoothies.
SAVORY:Tempeh bacon. Potatoes fried with veg sausage. Tempeh and white bean sausage. Biscuits with sausage gravy. Fried tomatoes and mushrooms on toast. Veg bacon.

I think I'd need several weeks to get all 'favorite' breakfast combinations in, I just can't decide.

Kateee
Sep 11th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I usually have for breakfast a banana, soy milk with muesli or digestive biscuits and raw cashews or a little dark chocolate. When I run out of soy milk, I have a banana with some other dried fruits and some oat flakes and the others I've mentioned before :-).

MamaBee
Sep 13th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I've not been vegan long, but so far my fave vegan breakfasts are:

1.) Organic peanut butter and jam on toast with a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries.
2.) Porridge (made with rice milk for sweetness) and sprinkled with a few chopped walnuts and grapes.

I'm looking forward to getting new ideas from everybody about different vegan breakfasts :).
xox

adam.rurka
Sep 13th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I've been having oats, blueberries, and tofu for breakfast 5-7 days a week for a few months now. I love it.

DiaShel
Sep 13th, 2011, 09:53 PM
^ tofu how?

adam.rurka
Sep 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Take a portion of medium firm tofu, and just mix it with prepared oats and blueberries.

trinity73x
Sep 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM
my favorite is tofu scramble (freezing the tofu first, then thawing it and squeezing out the water gives it that fluffy egg texture). i sautee it with spices and fresh veggies and top it off with some homemade salsa. it is so satisfying and filling.

Gwydion
Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
^ Aye, same here. Hearty 'n Heavenly.

veganosie
Sep 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Take a portion of medium firm tofu, and just mix it with prepared oats and blueberries.

i don't understand. firm tofu? wouldn't it just be like a raw tofu scramble?

treehugga
Sep 24th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I am enjoying healthy granola with the recipe from Alicia Silverstone's ''the kindness diet'' it is so delicious and low in fats and sugar.

AaronM
Oct 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
You're all so, healthy! Does no-one else go for a Full English!?

Toast, baked beans, fried mushrooms, roast tomato, fried TVP sausages, fried hash browns, scrambled tofu if you like it. If only I could find good vegan bacon...

Sure I might be losing that extra life-expectancy I have over the meat-eaters, but I'm sure going to enjoy losing it! :lol:

VeganAthlete
Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
For breakfast I typically enjoy 6-grain hot oatmeal (or old fashioned) with a tbsp of pure cooked pumpkin, stevia, vegan powdered milk (soy protein concentrate), TVP, cinammon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and sometimes 1/2 of an apple. It's healthy and nutritious!

Daffodil
Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:34 AM
when in work, i breakfast quite healthily but now i have 12 days off the xmas i fear i will not be so good...... crumpets with chocolate spread, fry-ups, etc etc....argh

maariak
Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
I don't really have a favourite, but what I have been having regularly are:
Banana smoothie (2 large banana's and a little soy milk)
Home-made banana bread w/ peanut butter spread.

Kind of enjoying the bananas while they are on special :lol:

airalien
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Only some muesli :)

diy-girlie
Dec 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
I like sweet things for breakfast. Cake is the breakfast of champions by far if you've got any leftover!

Purepsycho
Dec 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I did scrambled tofu on toast for the first time the other day. I had no idea what it would be like but I LOVED it!! :D