PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27

Desertthorn
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I love orange pancakes. I use orange juice and a bit of orange zest to a homemade pancake mix. Its delicious. I think I got the recipe from fatfreevegan.

Love the idea of Mushrooms on toast. Do you saute them?

sunflowerseed
Jan 24th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have read this thread from start to finish over the last few days, some great ideas!

We have:
Porridge w/soy milk
Museli w/soy milk
Pancakes with lemon juice/sugar
Toast (homemade wholemeal bread) w/almond nut butter
Toast w/choc hazelnut butter
Vegan fry up - sausages/hash browns/beans/tomatoes/mushrooms

Vegan choc/hazelnut spread is sooooo expensive so I'm going to start making my own nut butters, yummy! I always have a handful of soaked nuts/seeds/mixedraisins and cranberries etc too!

Blueberries
Jan 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Vegan choc/hazelnut spread is sooooo expensive

Have you tried the Spar own-brand one? Its cheap and vegan! I use it all the time.

sunflowerseed
Jan 24th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oooh I haven't, no, thank you!!

Andy_T
Jan 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I love to make a fruit-pulp muesli ... different oats, spelt and other grains, then I cut some fruits (pears, apples, bananas, oranges) to small pieces and mix it with the grains.
I put some more fruits into my Vita-Mix without adding extra water and shred it to a thick fruit-pulp that I then use to prepare the muesli. So delicious and of course much healthier than the version with milk/yoghurt!

Best regards,
Andy

Mochi
Feb 4th, 2012, 05:58 PM
what is your favorite vegan breakfast?

mine is anything with potatoes... i loooove hashbrowns (but i tend to get stuffy and allergic when i eat potatos so i dont eat them that often!)

i also love adding potatoes to my braekfast/brunch! but my fave is tofu scramble with green onion and spinach for sure! i'd add a picture, but i'm not quite sure how to do that yet! :)

Robinwomb
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sometimes I will cook up a huge batch of wild rice and then during the week for breakfast I will dish up a bowl of it and add in fresh blueberries (or make it into a warm blueberry sauce to pour on top of the wild rice), chopped walnut or whole almonds, sometimes dried fruits or chopped apple and cinammon. Sometimes instead of the blueberries I will add maple syrup on it. Wild rice is abundant in Minnesota where I live and the Native Americans harvest it and sell it. Lots of people up here make the maple syrup too. So this meal is very Minnesotan. I have made wild rice blueberry muffins with these ingredients as well.

LouiseAbel
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mushrooms on toast! Mmmm

YES! But I always have quinoa for breakfast, or something weird like sweet potato or leftover curry.

Edit: Mushrooms on toast on a bed of spinach is the BEST.

deniselynn
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I have been enjoying a large bowl of various fruits in the morning, topped with chia seeds. Mango, pears, grapes, banana, various combinations.

GraceAnne
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I just made my first real vegan recipe: apple, carrot, walnut muffins. I brought them to yoga this morning and they were a hit! I have to say, they are the most amazing muffins I have ever had. They're moist and tasty and healthy. They have apples, carrots, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, coconut, brown sugar, ground flax seed (hydrated with hot water as an egg substitute) and other normal baking ingredients. It probably also helped that they were like 95% organic. Either way, I'm very pleased with the turnout. :)

Aurore
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
I rotate : either quinoa cream with soy milk, agave nectar and spices, a homemade muesli with oat, soy and quinoa flakes with cranberries, raisins and sometimes nuts or almonds added in, or soft tofu with a few hazelnuts and agave syrup. Yum !

Blueberries
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
quinoa cream

That sounds interesting, it is just a quinoa flake porridge?

Aurore
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
That sounds interesting, it is just a quinoa flake porridge?

No, what i call quinoa cream is quinoa in powder with the consistency of starch (very different from the thin quinoa flour), pretty much like cornstarch, so in terms of consistency it's really a thick cream, you can sweeten it with anything you want and add spices for more flavour.

DubXero
Jun 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Normally when I'm working I end up having fruit and coffee.

Weekend's consist of vegan fry-ups. I really want to try scrambled tofu as well, but haven't got around to it yet.

hedgehoglovely
Jul 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I've recently started putting chocolate coconut milk on my muesli as a little indulgent treat

Firestorm
Jul 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I just found that combining 200ml M&S soya milk,150ml Kara coconut milk and 65grams oats makes the best porridge I have ever tasted.

ShadowTears
Aug 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I just had one the best breakfasts I've ever had! It was tofu scramble and strawberry muffins. <3
This time I added some milk and nutritional yeast, minus the usual green bell peppers. SO good! My mom and dad liked it too! It also had onions, tomatoes, flax seeds, and spinach! And lots of salt unfortunately.

slanzoni
Mar 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
My favourite breakfast at all is some sweet porridge made with oats + soymilk + raw sugar + vegan chocolate cream + coconuts and a glass of orange or red multivitamin juice.
If I am too hungry then I also eat a handful of nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, cashew, macadamias... whatever) with a slice of bread.

Jara
Mar 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Toasts, olive oil, sliced tomatoes. Black coffee. Heaven!

Blueberries
Mar 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Lately my weekday breakfast is porridge w/frozen berries, flaxseeds and/or nuts, agave syrup and soya or almond milk, and coffee with soya milk. I like cornflakes and muesli but I find that they don't keep me full for as long as porridge does!

At the weekends I like to make more elaborate/fun breakfasts such as pancakes, savoury VVAV Fronch toast w/ketchup, baked beans on toast w/Marmite, porridge w/white chocolate. Today I made boxty (Irish potato pancakes) with seitan sausages.

Aurore
Mar 11th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mine is pretty simple, i'm afraid. Tea, a bowl of soy milk or a soy yogurt, and homemade wholewheat bread (actually a bun type of bread, which is delicious even if you don't make a sandwich out of it).
I sometimes elaborate with pancakes or crepes.

stupefy!
Mar 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Not a breakfast person, but recently, have been drinking hot water, that counts right?:p

Firestorm
Mar 11th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I've been eating breakfast trifle lately:
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l560/firestorm2011/SDC12205_zpseb5cfec4.jpg

Blueberries
Mar 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I've been eating breakfast trifle lately:

Oooooo that looks good, what's in it? :)

Firestorm
Mar 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Blended raspberries, sliced banana, Alpro vanilla pudding, more sliced banana, topped with Alpro plain yoghurt mixed with oats. Sprinkled with chocolate