PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]

Barry
Jun 9th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Haha! If you want something slightly different to do with it you could make chickpea scamble. I just made up the omelette mixture, put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes and then mash it with a bit of extra soya milk until it looks scambled. :)

Interesting, I'll give that a try, thanks. I find I really need a high-protein breakfast or I find myself hungry again by mid-morning, so any new ideas are always welcome.

Jara
Jun 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Interesting, I'll give that a try, thanks. I find I really need a high-protein breakfast or I find myself hungry again by mid-morning, so any new ideas are always welcome.

If you like tempeh you can make a paté with it, just mixing it with your favourite soft cheese or just with cream, adding in both salt and pepper. Don't need to cook it and with jam or mermalade is really nice on toast.

Astrid660
Jun 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
http://gettingawaywithveganism.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/benny-and-flo-do-brunch/
This. I pretty much drool just thinking of it.
Vegan tofu 'eggs' benedict. I alter the recipe slightly. It's really delicious.

abrdnck
Jun 15th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I had a breakfast sandwich today with multigrain bread, fried sliced potatoes, smoked tofu, avocado and a bit of sriracha sauce. It was very delicious.

If you make a big batch of fried potatoes, you can save some potatoes for later and put this sandwich together in a few minutes.

Blueberries
Jun 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I had a breakfast sandwich today with multigrain bread, fried sliced potatoes, smoked tofu, avocado and a bit of sriracha sauce. It was very delicious.

If you make a big batch of fried potatoes, you can save some potatoes for later and put this sandwich together in a few minutes.

Oooh that sounds very nice!

This morning for breakfast I had Tofutti chive & herb cream cheese on a wholemeal baguette and a lemon muffin :)

dianitabonita
Aug 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I just cooked up a scramble w/ soy chorizo from Trader Joe's market:

-1/4 cup chickpea flour, mix w/ water
-zucchini
-onion
-spinach
-tomato (leave out until end so it doesn't get too cooked)
-soy chorizo (~1/4 cup)

Sautee veggies (I don't use oil, just sort of steamed them in their own water in a sauce pan), then add the chickpea flour and water mixture and stir up w/ spatula. Then add pepper to taste, the soy chorizo, and eat.

hab506
Feb 7th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Never used to enjoy breakfast as an omnivore, but now that I'm transitioning to veganism, I get excited about breakfast and I LOVE having a banana and oats smoothie (with soy milk, and cinnamon), and porridge with almond milk, cinnamon, agave nectar, and chopped semi-dried figs. DELICIOUS and so filling!

Daffodil
Feb 7th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I make my own hash browns and have with mushrooms and baked beans..... yum.

Blueberries
Feb 8th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Never used to enjoy breakfast as an omnivore, but now that I'm transitioning to veganism, I get excited about breakfast and I LOVE having a banana and oats smoothie (with soy milk, and cinnamon), and porridge with almond milk, cinnamon, agave nectar, and chopped semi-dried figs. DELICIOUS and so filling!

Hi and welcome! Those brekkies sound lovely, I love oats and porridge :)

I make my own hash browns and have with mushrooms and baked beans..... yum.

Yum! I like hash browns but have never made them. I love anything with baked beans :)

Daffodil
Feb 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Yum! I like hash browns but have never made them. I love anything with baked beans :)

I'd never made them before until recently but am trying to eat mostly organic and can't find organic ones in shop so thought i'd give it a go and as it turns out they are rather nice even if i do say so myself :-)

Barefootinthegrass
Aug 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Overnight oats. :) A Kilner jar full of oats, oat milk, peanut butter, maple syrup and cocoa, left overnight in the fridge.

Or a bit of toast spread with peanut butter, a chopped banana and sprinkled with cocoa.

Clueless Git
Aug 16th, 2014, 10:30 AM
5 cups of freshly brewed strong coffee and a cigarette with each.

Should I die young then I would like it noted for the record that something in the local water supply was all there is to blame.

Robinwomb
Aug 20th, 2014, 10:03 AM
This morning its a handful of whole almonds and a mango, and some coffee.

Jack San
Aug 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I usually mix oats, cashews, red skin peanuts, sultanas and desiccated coconut then add almond milk. I also love to have natural peanut butter and jam on a cinnamon and raisin bagel which has been toasted on the inside.

Tom Shieff did a great 'how to vegan breakfast' video on YouTube which is a really good watch.

Aking
Sep 15th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I love my smoothies! One banana, a cup of Almond Milk, protein powder, and a scoop of natural Almond Butter!

franklinjerry
Oct 5th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I like bread with vegetables in my breakfast. Sometimes my mom feels boring to prepare those food for me as she dislikes it really. But , my younger brother likes vegetables and potatoes .

clouddog
Oct 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I like muesli :)