PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Mystic
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I should send you some lemon polenta porridge!!! It is warming and very tasty

cobainist403
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Do any of you guys eat this stuff? My favorite is Maple and Brown Sugar...it looks to be all vegan.

Is this too good to be true?

snaffler
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I am sure it is but the vest way is to get the raw oats and add your own Maple & Brown sugar, I am not sure in the US but many UK brown sugars are vegan

Artichoke47
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I think I emailed Quaker long ago and found that their oatmeals were acceptable. I'd prefer organic, plain rolled oats and usually buy Bob's Red Mill, though.

cobainist403
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Yes, I saw that PETA had a least of bfast food on their site someplace and I saw that Quaker Oats was under the vegan list. So I would assume that it wasn't coated in bone "char"...

snaffler
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:30 AM
The post earlier about Honey & Sugar, I defiently do not eat Honey and never have done I think it tastes awful, I have since done some research and many of the UK Brown sugars are 100% vegan, I always buy a regular brown sugar which mast shops stock and it clearly states vegan on the pack.

cobainist403
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I definitely do not consume honey either. To me that's just like eating or using any other animal product

veganess
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Tofu french toast, tofu omelette, oatmeal, cold cereal, pancakes, waffles, smart bacon, veg sausages.

superfly
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
i like to go to DENNY'S and have the Grand Slam Slugger® breakfast:

Two buttermilk pancakes, two eggs, two bacon strips and two sausage links, plus hash browns or grits or choice of bread. Served with a small glass of juice and coffee. :)

J/K.

i'm not much of a breakfast eater. i usually have a large glass of carrot/spinich/broccolli juice with a TBS of flax oil. an hour or so later i'll have some fruit.

Komododragon
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Hi ,

I like Oatso simple with vanilla soy milk (alporo) I am not trying to advertise anything but I was having real trouble to find non yucky soya milk to have with breakfast cereal. I also like crunchy nut with alporo vanillia.

Well now I have found nice soy milk I will not revert back to being vegetarian.
:)

jumpinglegacy
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:39 AM
My favourite things for breakfast are multigrain cheerios and chocolate soymilk, flatbread with almond butter, or tofu smoothies :)

drummer
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Either tofu french toast, pancakes, English muffins (with sugar-free jam) or soy yogurt with museli. All of these apart from the English muffins I make myself.

paradoxsund
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:36 PM
Hmm...I love fruit...especially berries, mango, and papaya. I usually have puffed kamut cereal with soymilk, or oatmeal with goodies in it (raisins, dates, maple syrup, etc.) I generally need something with some sugar *wink* Potatoes are yummy too!

Vora
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I love bananas, rice milk, "Amandine" (kind of almond powder), peanut butter and muesli or others cereals.
Sometimes soup too. ^^

feline01
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Vora,

I noticed on the what did you eat today thread that you had soup for breakfast. I never tried that but I suppose it would be a good thing, very filling and nutritious. I'm usually a cereal or oatmeal person for breakfast though sometimes if I wake up and am hungry, I'll have leftover cold spaghetti or cold pizza.

Vora
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Yes, soups are very nutritious and when you have to bear a cold day it's really helping ! ^^
Personally I cooked it an evening before, so I have just to warm it up in the microwave next day morning.

(but I can't imagine myself having cold pizza for breakfast ! lol lol )

aqaneve
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Throughout the year i usually eat wholewheat bread with molasses and decaffeinated coffee.
Now i prefer a pear or an apple... today i just ate a banana.. it depends on my mood. I think it's important to listen to our bodies each day, and change habits according to moods

Suzulan
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I usually don't eat breakfast but sometimes eat baked sweet potatoes.
I just throw sweet potatoes in oven and bake until get well done.
It is so convenient to have baked potatoes in refrigerater because I can put in microwave oven and heat anytime when I get hungry.
Other things I eat are banana and vegetable fried rice.

Feb 15th, 2005, 01:15 AM
My ultimate favorite -

waffles with peanut butter and jam topped with cut up banana's, blueberries, and blackberries....delicious! I also really love muesli with rice/soy milk and fruit added into it.

Mystic
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:47 AM
I also like Fruited Essene bread with mashed banana on top :p

indianvegan
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Usually , i have rice flakes ( Indian-"Poha") or Upma ( South Indian) and Soya milk with some fruits dipped in to it. :)

crysta
Feb 20th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I am breastfeeding my 14 months old daughter (7/8 times a day) and intending to have another baby, so I need a very very rich, complete and quickly made breakfast... Any idea, please ? :confused:
Thank you !

Mystic
Feb 20th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I normally have a sachet of Nature's Path Original Oatmeal. It cooks in 1.5 minutes - then I stir in some flaxseed oil and top with a sliced banana. It is very quick, easy and nutritious.

Oh and you could cook it with soy/rice milk for extra 'richness' or double the quantity

feline01
Feb 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I am breastfeeding my 14 months old daughter (7/8 times a day) and intending to have another baby, so I need a very very rich, complete and quickly made breakfast... Any idea, please ? :confused:
Thank you !
That's fantastic that you are breastfeeding so frequently. When my little ones were even smaller (2 months or so), I was breastfeeding both of them 8 times a day. It was pretty impossible to have a regular meal. I'd have a bowl of cereal with soymilk, nuts, spoonfuls of nut butters, fruit, fresh veg cut up-just easy things.

foxytina_69
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:18 PM
here is a link about vegan diets, and theres a part with breastfeeding women:

http://www.scienzavegetariana.it/rubriche/cong2002/vegcon_infant_diet_en.html

and here is info about what foods contain which vitamins are most important during pregnancy, so this may give u ideas on what to eat for breakfast:

http://www.bcparent.com/articles/health/pregnant_and_veg.html

it seems that the quickest, most reccommended foods are soy milk and fortified breakfast cereals, so that would be a healthy quick option, pairing it with some fresh fruit/dried fruit and a cup of juice :)