PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

crysta
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Thank you for your answers :D
I will test some of these recipes and will study the links... :)

cedarblue
Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:48 PM
could france veg (http://www.geocities.com/vegorg02/) help with info etc??

gertvegan
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Shepherdboy organic muesli with millet and hemp seeds, here. (http://www.shepherdboy.co.uk/muesli/index.html)

RockyRaccoon
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Usually a cup of tea and toast with banana or muesli with rice/soya milk. I used to eat almost any type of cereal at any time of day but I've gone off much of the processed stuff. I've been making my own granola recently and eating it with soya yoghurt-Yum! I can't manage cooked stuff until at least lunch time.

starsky79
Mar 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Two vegan sausage patties and a glass of fresh squeezed OJ (had it this very morning in fact).

joltboy73
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this one - banana and peanut butter sandwiches! MMmmmm... Elvis used to eat em... maybe Elvis was a vegan! :O

David K.
Philadelphia, PA USA

RockyRaccoon
Apr 1st, 2005, 03:09 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this one - banana and peanut butter sandwiches! MMmmmm... Elvis used to eat em... maybe Elvis was a vegan! :O
and his last meal a veggie burger! :D :D

shortwavez
Apr 27th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I enjoy a vegan sausage patty and a glass of OJ...not the healthiest choice I know, but I always crave if for breakfast.

ChocolatBlanc
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:22 AM
TOTAL cereal!!
oh yeah, with Vanilla Silk soymilk, and maybe an apple... this is my breakfast almost every day of the year...

DianeVegan
May 2nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
For those of you lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's, they have just come out with a new breakfast sausage patty (frozen food section - TJ Brand) that is really good, and vegan. I think it's because they combine soy and gluten - the texture is nice. If you were a big sausage-eater in your past days, you will like this one.

VeganJohn
May 11th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Will have to find a Trader Joe's when I am next in the US!

DoveInGreyClothing
May 15th, 2005, 01:03 PM
A couple of organic apples sliced up and spread with peanut butter.

Pilaf
May 25th, 2005, 12:48 AM
I usually have plain oatmeal, with a banana and a glass of orange juice. Sometimes I have organic peanut butter with some celery, if available.

Mystic
May 25th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I usually have plain oatmeal, with a banana and a glass of orange juice. That is like my exact breakfast, without the OJ :)

Kumem
May 31st, 2005, 01:19 PM
Zedz Foods muffins are delicious. You can order them directly from their website, which I did today. They are making them tomorrow and freeze packing them to be sent the next day. They just taste so wholesome :)
Recommend their banana, coconut and date one, with big pieces of the fruits in it.

Liz

Lilith
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
My favourite is museli and soya or out milk. I also really like porridge with added seeds (usually pumpkin, sunflower or sesame) which i think is probably healthier (?)

I like food topics :p

foxytina_69
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:26 AM
lately for breakfast ive been having some fruit, a smoothie, or scrambled tofu. (usually i dont consider a peice of fruit to be breakfast so i usually just count it as a snack!)

Tigerlily
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM
Waffles! Yum!

Hemp waffles! Double yum!

scruffyhead
Jul 16th, 2005, 02:05 PM
two freshly sqeezed oranges, banana , two apples and toast, if i have museli i have it with prunes and apricots, just love the combination of taste :)

screamingcarrot
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:57 PM
i always eat sultanas for breakfast, im addicted to them! usually also a bananna and another piece of fruit depending on what weve bought. if we buy a huge bag of apples on sale, its apples for a week!
always drink soya milk and also have roibus (south african) tea with soya in the morning ;)
in winter i like oatmeal.

Roxy
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I just bought 3 locally made jams (well local to where I was), yesterday at a roadside fruit stand. I am looking forward to trying them out on English Muffins and fresh toast!!

Lately I have been addicted to Chestnut spread for breakfast though. Mmmmmm!

screamingcarrot
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:07 PM
i love locally made jams!
my dad used to take me berry picking when i was a kid in new zealand, and then go home and make heaps of strawberry and rasberry jam for the winter..but we always finnished it all well before winter began!
:D

coconut
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I usually just have a big bowl of Suma organic museli with sunflower seeds, chopped dates and a load of other nice things. I have it with soya milk. I really eat a lot of muesli, must be nearly 2kg a week of the stuff.

LittleNellColumbia
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I really love Norganics Apple and cinnamon Crunchola!!! yummy and so addictive.

I have it mixed with a weightwatchers apricot fruit pack, and it tastes so divine!

i also like to have prunes on the side. I like having things like prunes at breakfast, so you can just sit down and enjoy the taste becoz otherwise its a waste to eat things like prunes during the day if ya cant concentrate on how good they are:D

I also love mini wheats.

adam antichrist
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I have to eat porrige and I don't like it but I've been mixing tinned mango with it and that makes it nice. Banana would be good too.

When it's cooked I put sunflower and linseeds in it and some maple syrup. Finally it is edible and delicious.

I aslo really like King Land soy yoghurt, the apricot is my favourite.

Pancakes with ice cream, maple syrup and a tart berry compote or coulis is the best breakfast in the universe.