PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

foxytina_69
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
my favorite breakfast (god i dont know how many times ive posted in this thread lol) is definately SMOOTHIES! any mix of strawberries, peaches, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, mangoes, mmmm w/ soymilk and oj and hemp oil :D

LittleNellColumbia
Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:02 PM
Afer some careful thinking, i have decided what is my fave. A HUGE bowl of crunchola with vanilla soy milk. nuthin beats it.

But its really high in calories so thats a bit depressing.

I love avacado on toast.

weet-bix with kiwi fruit and soy milk is quite yummy too.

im luvin peanut butter on toast too, but i never eat it.

and i think if im ever off my head, ill try maple syrup sausages:p

Robin
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Well, I suck big-time at making breakfast (I like my sleep waaay to much) so I usually just have two pieces of hard-bread (they sell it at IKEA I'm sure if you don't live in sweden) and cocoa made on oat-milk. Hard-bread's packed with fibre so it keeps you full for a while.

It gets a bit dull after a while though so now since I've heard so many good things about smoothies, why not? :D

Do I understand the nature of smoothies right if I say it's fruits and soymilk mixed together in a blender? :p *is going to shop for nice fruits tomorrow*

RubyDuby
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:10 PM
smoothies, i've learned, work better with frozen fruits. makes it thick and frosty like a shake. Or just use a frozen banana and the rest fresh fruits :)
My favorite- chocolate soymilk, frozen banana, and strawberries (+ some ground flaxseeds) yummy.

Robin
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Great, I'll remember that then ;)

Rustic Bohemian
Oct 2nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
My usual is Museil with some fresh sprouts

What are fresh sprouts?

Hemlock
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Wholemeal organic porridge made with ricemilk or water and a chopped banana mmmmmmmmmmm! :)

mew_76
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Chocolate Oy! on Rice Krispies, the breakfast of champions!!!

mew_76
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Most of my colleagues have coffee for breakfast and Im trying to get them on to soy milk but they all say Eeeeeew soy milk, thats digusting. I haven't tried it but its disgusting' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I'm too lazy to see if there are any other threads. :o

I need something to eat in the morning that is quick but it has to be gluten free as well. :rolleyes:

I never know what to have other than fruit and it gets boring just eating fruit everyday.

Oo I am rubbish at starting topics i must say. :p

Please and thank you.

DianeVegan
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Muesli (you can let it soak overnight in your refridgerator) or oatmeal. Or are you looking for something even quicker? I make a batch of banana or pumpkin or oatmeal muffins and freeze the leftovers for quick breakfasts-on-the-go. Or I make breakfast breads, slice them and then freeze the leftovers.

Or make a sandwich before going to bed (using gluten-free bread, of course) and have that in the morning. Who says you can't have a veggie burger for breakfast?

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:28 AM
A lot of things contain gluten even oats do.

I guess I can find alternatives some where in this place. ;)

It is just difficult as most breakfasts seem to contain oats or something.

I suppose most things are suitable for breakfasts i've never really tried anything savoury as of yet ;)

DianeVegan
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry, not having a gluten allergy personally I was unaware that it's present in oats. I would certainly try non-traditional breakfast foods. I never liked most breakfast foods myself.

Tigerlily
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Soy yogurt (a flavoured kind like peach or strawberry) with FROZEN blueberries is devine. The frozen blueberries some how clump the yougut all together and it makes it a velvety smooth treat. :) Have it with a glass of orange juice (calcium fortified would be even better).

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Sorry, not having a gluten allergy personally I was unaware that it's present in oats. I would certainly try non-traditional breakfast foods. I never liked most breakfast foods myself.

No worries ;)

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Is there any other calcium fortified juice things as I can't have citrus either. :(

Another reason why breakfast is so hard?! Lol

I'll get some sort of yogurt when ever I go shopping again I think.

DianeVegan
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:54 AM
If you are concerned about calcium why not take a calcium supplement? It's cheaper than taking anything that has been "fortified."

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:56 AM
I'm taking a multi vitamin at the moment but it isn't that good I don't think so I will probs get a new one just to use why I'm trying to sort out my diet. :)

terra
Nov 4th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Hey Sarah -

I got some really yummy puffed millet cereal the other week and I have been eating it everyday since. it's very good with vanilla almond milk.

I also make a big batch of smoothies either the night before or when I get up and have it throughout the day.

I put berries (black, rasp, & straw berries) a banana and some orange juice but you could switch the orange juice for apple juice,pineapple juice, or mango juice.
I also add to that flax seed oil and my iron pills. It's really thick and fills me up!

also you could get some millet grains and cook them up as you would oatmeal...it takes much longer to cook but it's pretty tasty with some brown sugar or maple syrup.

You could get some brown rice bread, toast it and spread some kind of nut butter on top.

fried potatoes are good too. I cut up some potatoes add lots of colourful bell peppers, some jalapenos and onions.

you can buy some gluten-free muffin mix from your healthfood store and bake them up the night before.

scramble tofu with onions, bell peppers and seasonings.

I know some of those aren't very quick to make, but you could make them the night before and just heat them up in the morning. And the more you practice cooking or baking, the easier and quicker it becomes... :)

Let me know if you would like some more suggestions... I will search my brain for more if you'd like :)

foxytina_69
Nov 4th, 2005, 04:55 AM
i cant have gluten either. theres some great oatmeal replacement ideas in there, aswell as tons of other ideas.

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Please and thank you to all :D ;)

thecatspajamas1
Nov 4th, 2005, 05:07 AM
i just drink a juicebox for breakfast, in class

xwitchymagicx
Nov 4th, 2005, 05:34 AM
So many different types of breakfasts I can have a different one everyday lol. ;) I've heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day. ;)

Now all I have to do is going shopping. :)

terra
Nov 4th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Hey Sarah -

what kind of foods to you like eating? maybe I can help you find some easy recipes that you can make yourself! :)

VeganBiker
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Like to take raw oatmeal and let it soak in the fridge for about an hour in Silk Very Vinalla Soy Milk; then toss in raw sunflower seeds, pineapple, rasins, and cinnamon.:) Or,,, just zap an Amy's Organic Breakfast Burrito.