PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM
how yummy sounding! i made pancakes with strawberry applesauce today and then i nuked some frozen berries with almonds and some vanilla extract until it was steaming and poured it over the pancakes...too good!

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 11th, 2005, 05:25 AM

mew_76
Nov 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I made vegan pancakes for the first time yesterday, they were so good, I was just cooking one and eating it and made my way through the whole batch.

I have discovered that I am a glutton for pancakes.

I was going to make some more but people are viewing my flat and yesterday the whole place totally minged so I had to throw open all the windows to air it and cos its so cold I was sitting on the sofa watching tv with my hat on, hood up and boots on!!! :D

But hey, its worth it for all that pancake joy.

thecatspajamas1
Nov 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Usually I don't eat breakfast, I'll just have some juice on the way to class.

But if I ever really want something big I go to the cafeteria and my faves are toasted sesame bagel with vegan margarine and homefries. (hehe so bad for you, but so yummy) oh, and fruit salad too!

speedylemons
Nov 13th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I enjoy putting ANYTHING on toast.. and also my latest thing is taking any sort of wheat or similar product [rolled oats.. bulgur.. quinoa i have but havent tried it yet.. etc] and either mashing bananas up with it for the consistency or using a little soy milk.. and then adding as much crap as i can. [raisins, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, flaxseed, anything.. you name it and it tastes AWWWWEEEESOME.. ]

:D

moochbabe
Nov 15th, 2005, 04:36 AM
it's funny cuz i love so many of the like more complicated things and stuff, but for me i still LOVE cereal with milk alternative, cut up fruit and some nuts...YUM, it's so wholesome, quick and just good

thecatspajamas1
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:43 AM
OH, I can't believe I forgot....

Hemp Plus granola with soymilk. Mmmmm... a huge bowl of that.

maya
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I am a potato freak so hash browns, potato pancakes, and home fries.

terra
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I made scrambled tofu and it was pretty tasty I say!

I didn't expect to like it, i never did enjoy scrambled eggs or any kind of egg dish for that matter.

But this was good.

Saute onion & garlic in oil for a few minutes.

Add firm tofu & pinch or two of tumeric and "scramble" with a fork until crumbly.

Add chopped green, yellow & red peppers & chopped brocolli.

Stir and cover until veggies are slightly cooked.

Add salt & pepper.

Serve on toast or in a flour tortilla with some soy cheese & chopped green onion with ketchup on the side!

:)

speedylemons
Nov 16th, 2005, 01:07 AM
OH, I can't believe I forgot....

Hemp Plus granola with soymilk. Mmmmm... a huge bowl of that.

that stuff is awesome. too bad the box here is like five bucks for maybe two bowls!!!! :mad: :mad:

foxytina_69
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:29 AM
terra, they tasted even better w/ some nutritional yeast and extra spices!

terra
Nov 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
terra, they tasted even better w/ some nutritional yeast and extra spices!

Oh my gosh!

I can't believe I forgot to put the nutrional yeast in.... i even had the bag out! :p

What kind of spices would you recommend Tina?

Thanks for the reminder!:)

foxytina_69
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:02 AM
salt, pepper, cayenne for a little kick, basil or oregano for an italian feel, or if not, u could always use cumin for a little smoky flavour. garlic powder because it goes great with it, a little dill makes it taste more 'eggy' and then the nutritional yeast. yum! :D

foxytina_69
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:28 AM
on and tumeric to make them yellow :D and parsley at the end to make them pretty!

terra
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:24 AM
i never knew cumin has a smokey taste...intersting..i'd like to try that!

Thanks for the suggestions Tina! :)

I love dill, so i might try that next time and the cumin too!

moochbabe
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:47 AM
i LOVE scrambled tofu...i always put some salsa into it too...
lol, i always do that, where i have something out to cook with and then i forget to add it :rolleyes:

Roxy
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I use mixed italian herbs in mine and a little bit of dry mustard powder and KETCHUP of course :D

foxytina_69
Nov 18th, 2005, 02:13 AM
ooo dry mustard powder i use too. thats so yummy.

Nadine
Nov 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I'm not much of a morning person and usually feel a bit :mad:
I used to be a stong black coffee and ciggie gal and eat nothing til lunchtime- prob partly how I ended up with an ulcer :( .
I still don't like breakfast much but I usually have a huge smoothie mid-morning or muesli if I'm in a rush.

GoodbyeGirl
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM
it depends on my mood. usually it is either miso or seaweed soup, bean curd skins stuffed with sweet rice, and tea. if i have a sweet tooth then i will make a smoothie with frozen berries, bananas & soy milk, and a glass of coffee.

tabitha
Mar 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I usually have porridge, but its not my favourite. I like bagels with marmalade best, but always feel that porridge keeps me going for longer.

Jane M
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
I love potatoes in the morning. Either grated or leftover mashed mixed with tofu and a little flour and fried until crisp then served with tofuti sour cream and/or applesauce. Another favorite is sprouted grain bread toasted and smeared with peanut butter. Depends on my energy level in the morning.

sugarmouse
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
i dnt usualy like breakfast..i know i should though..occasionally i wake up hungry and i like it, cos i know i can eat then but usualy it makes me feel sick! i dont mind brunch..usually tofu scrabled or i jus nibble on whatever i happen to have or be making for later....:)

June
May 17th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Porridge with rice milk -I eat it about five or six mornings a week! Sometimes with raisins, ground almonds or a little brown sugar.

Tigerlily
May 17th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Toast with either margarine and jam or peanut butter and jam

Cereal with soy milk

Hashbrowns

Waffles

Pancakes