PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vegan breakfast?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

saycheezly
May 18th, 2006, 01:58 PM
porridge with rice milk - sometimes with cinammon and raisins.

tipsy
May 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM
i just got this amazing recipe for vegan french toast and i think that french toast is now my favorite food. period. not breakfast foods specifically. all food.

yuummmm!:D

saycheezly
May 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM
french toast *drools*

share the recipe?

gogs67
May 18th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Scrambled tofu on toast with onions and mushrooms through it and grilled tomato!MMMMMmmmmmm!:D

poppy seed
May 18th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Almond butter and jam sandwiches on whole wheat bread.

Mystic
May 19th, 2006, 05:32 AM
I like plain oatmeal :eek: :D
But at the moment I am liking crunchola with soy milk. Crunchola is like granola - it is just oats that are sweetened with fruit juice and toasted. It comes in apple-cinnamon and apple-blueberry. Both are delicious.

I only eat toast if I am craving peanut butter. Not a toast fan. Sometimes I eat blueberry pancakes, but most of the time I am too damn lazy to make them :D

~Lenore
May 19th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Normally I have 2 apples for breakfast. Not the most balanced thing ever, I guess, but it's my habit.
I always want some ice cold fruit or fruit juice in the morning. I'm not one of those people who can wake up to a full-course cooked meal, eek.
I do love cooked breakfast foods like pancakes & tofu scramble, though. I have tofu scramble for dinner sometimes as a treat. :D

Shmeeeee
May 21st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Flaxjacks or Tofu Rancheros (Tofu scrambler smothered in veggie chili... soooo good)

My favorite restaurant serves both of these and since its too expensive to eat there as much as I would like, I have had to learn to make them on my own - not quite as good but still very tasty.

Tigerlily
May 21st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Flaxjacks or Tofu Rancheros (Tofu scrambler smothered in veggie chili... soooo good)

Wow, the Tofu Ranchero sounds yum. :p

VeganJohn
May 21st, 2006, 09:00 PM
Good old beans on toast after a night on the tiles, at the minute I'm just having toast for breakfast.

I like a good cooked brekky though, plenty of mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, baked beans, veggie sausages and ketchup. Even a bit of hummus on the plate. Washed down with a cup of hot chocolate!!

Vickythevegan
May 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Mmmm, sounds good. Add some hash browns though & brown sauce!

I also like porridge with a little mixed spice & golden syrup (tastes a bit like bread pudding actually). Lovely. Or I add whatever fruit I have about to it. Or bran flakes with banana & soya milk, or crumpets with marmite or jam.

Scrambled tofu with onions, peppers & a vegan cheese slice is good too with wholegrain bread but I never have time for big breakfasts unless its my day off. Probably a good thing that!!!

apple
May 23rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Bowl of fresh, organic fruits or fruit smoothies. I can't stomach much else first thing in the morning.

aubergine
May 23rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
Organic muesli with sweetened soya milk. Keeps hunger at bay for hours.

Pob
May 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Usually have a mix of different healthy types of cereal with some sultanas or banana with soya milk.

Otherwise it's one of these:

Porridge with sultanas and cinnamon.

Cooked breakfast: Redwoods sausages, fried tomato, mushrooms, curry beans, hash browns, onion rings.

indianvegan
May 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM
In summer, 3-4 mangoes, 2 pcs of almonds.

Manish Jain

speedylemons
May 24th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Tons and tons of fruit. For example, this is what i'm eating for breakfast right now:

i kiwi, 1 banana, 1 pear, 1 cup diced cantaloupe, 10 purple grapes

topped with 2 tbsp flax, 1 pureed mango, and "oatmeal" [3 tbsp hard wheat, 3 tbsp rye-wheat-barley flake mix, 1 tbsp flax, 1 tbsp raisins, and a little cinnamon]

:D Oink.

moonshadow
May 24th, 2006, 05:44 PM
in the uk-- noodle soup

in the us-- amy's rice and bean burritos

Cherry
May 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I had tofu with noodles for breakfast today :D I quite like having savoury dinner type things for breakfast sometimes.

VeganJohn
May 24th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I had a gorgeous cooked breakfast today. I had cherry tomatoes, baked beans on ciabatta bread, redwood sausages, hash browns and gorgeous field mushrooms. A little bit of tomato ketchup too.

Mmmmmm.

Stu
May 24th, 2006, 06:14 PM
crumpets with marmite
You sick puppy.

VeganJohn
May 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I had tofu with noodles for breakfast today :D I quite like having savoury dinner type things for breakfast sometimes.

I do too. I think cold pizza is particularly great for breakfast :>

speedylemons
May 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
i agree

Vickythevegan
May 24th, 2006, 09:02 PM
You sick puppy.
Don't tell me you are in the "Hate it" camp?

I have marmite on so many things! Love it!!! I have got my flatmate eating marmite & beans on toast. We live with loads of Irish girls & for some reason they all hate it. They think I'm sick too :confused: But they bring a slab of butter to the dinner table & I've seen them plaster potato waffles with it - thats just crazy! Now waffles with marmite... Mmmmm!

Mikey
May 24th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Usually, we have some kind of fruit or fruit salad, and nuts; or some of our raw cereal (made in our food dehydrator), with raisins and other dehydrated fruit and raw slivered almonds and/or raw sunflower seeds mixed in, topped with almond, rice or soy milk.....that's a good nutritious start to the day! :D

speedylemons
May 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Man, i am really on this pureed fruit kick. Today i had 2 bananas, 1 kiwi and about 1.5 cups of diced cantaloupe topped with 3 tbsp hemp granola, 3 tbsp ground flaxseed, and 20 pureed frozen grapes. YUM. ;)