PDA

View Full Version : Proud to eat healthy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

apple
Feb 6th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Apple, it doesn't seem like you got enough calories or protein in your day....:confused:

I agree, Tigerlily. :) Thanks for looking out. That was just an extremely hectic day - I was running in and out so I had to eat most of my meals in the car. I think I did much better today!

Steel-cut oats with ground flax
Blueberries and strawberries

Veggie/black bean soup, spinach-tomato-cucumber salad, baked sweet potato

1 apple
Slice of sprouted grain toast with mashed avocado and lemon juice

Brown rice, veggie stew, steamed cauliflower and broccoli

Cup of hot soy milk

Tigerlily
Feb 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Much better Apple! Yesterday my day wasn't as high in fruits or vegs, :(.

Breakfast:
Cup of coffee
2 pieces of sprouted grain bread, toasted, with natural peanut butter+jam

Lunch 1 @ church function:
Boring salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, vinegar
Some plain white rice, like a few tbsps

Lunch 2 @ home:
Smoothie made from lots of strawberries and soy milk
Bowl of oatmeal

Snack:
Pretzels

Supper:
Bean burrito with salsa (yum!)

Snacks:
Peanut butter and banana sandwich
Apple juice

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
5 slices Whole Grains 'n Fiber Apple Spice Bread with Maple Butter :o (that's 25 grams of fiber!!!)

http://www.rudisbakery.com/OurBreads/ListCatalog.asp?prd_Id=133&OptionValue=9

3 cups Aloo Gobi (spiced cauliflower, potatoes and peas)

2 cups red lentil dal (with shallots, onions and garlic)

1 cup brown rice

2 cups steamed and spiced lacinato kale

3 cups salad of romaine, spinach, mixed greens, sprouts, tomatoes and beets

1 cup blueberry pomegranate juice with 1 serving hemp protein powder

1 cup coconut sticky rice with 1 sliced mango

1 gallon of water

moochbabe
Feb 6th, 2006, 10:37 PM
cc, where did you find the hemp protein powder? I've looked at a few healthfood shops and aside from things like cereal can find no hemp products. i've been searching for hempseed butter as I've heard it's very yummy and good for you, but I can't find that either! GRR, lol

today: 2 homemade chocolate coconut okara muffins (:D mmm), peach soyyogurt, applesauce, and some almonds; a large orange; a sandwich of homemade whole wheat bread with homemade seitan, pickled okra, and warmed mixed baby greens, a peach, and a large handful of almonds (along with more pickled okra from the jar); later i am planning on having a banana and protein shake (banana mixed with ice, water, and fortified soy protein powder); and for dinner probably mini tacos of sauteed tofu and beans, and coleslaw; and who knows, probably a cookie for dessert

cc, do u mind if i PM you about some nutritional questions I have?

applepie
Feb 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM
grapefruit, banana, kiwi fruit, pineapple, soy yogurt, toasted nuts
2 big apples
quinoa and brussels sprout soup
lots of carrots
2 oranges
lentil dal, brown rice, broccoli
few pieces of liquorice

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 6th, 2006, 11:57 PM
cc, where did you find the hemp protein powder? I've looked at a few healthfood shops and aside from things like cereal can find no hemp products. i've been searching for hempseed butter as I've heard it's very yummy and good for you, but I can't find that either! GRR, lol
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Whole Foods, Wild Oats and Henry's have i around here but I order it by the case from Nutiva/ Frontier to have on hand for myself and my clients.

Mystic
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:15 AM
B: all bran w/ soy milk & 1/2 a banana
S: 1/2 banana
L: roll w/ avocado, tomato & mixed leaves
S: cherries, almonds, walnuts & 1/2 mango.
D: don't know (on holidays still :) )

herbwormwood
Feb 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Whole Foods, Wild Oats and Henry's have i around here but I order it by the case from Nutiva/ Frontier to have on hand for myself and my clients.

what is it exactly? I use Yorkshire Hemp hemp flour, which is 100% hemp flour, could that be substituted or is hemp protien something else?

DancingWillow
Feb 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
B: bowl of soy-flax-blueberry whole grain cereal with almond milk
L: toasted pine nuts cous-cous and a glass of orange juice
S: veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes) and pita with hummus
D: handful of baby carrots, salad (spinach and tomatoes with olive oil and sea salt), two slices of multigrain oat bread, and a handful of chocolate chips

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
what is it exactly? I use Yorkshire Hemp hemp flour, which is 100% hemp flour, could that be substituted or is hemp protien something else? It may be the same thing...I looked it up online but couldn't get a clear answer. The hemp protein powder I use is Nutiva, and is raw milled hemp seed with nothing added.

Today I had:

1 slice Whole Grains 'n Fiber Apple Spice Bread with Maple Butter

8 oz. orange juice

At the Co-op:

3/4 cup raw jicama, cucumber, currant, red and green onion, corriander and celery salad with 2 T. raw sunflower seed dressing

3/4 cup raw beets, spinach, mixed greens, cucumbers and carrots

1/2 cup raw spinach, 2 T. pumpkin seed, 1/2 a roasted red onion and 1/2 a cup roasted pumpkin dressed with 1 tsp. olive oil, balsamic dressing and spices

1/3 cup mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and seitan with 1 tsp. nutritional yeast

1 corn tortilla seitan enchilada with red sauce (MMMM!)

1/2 cup country veggie stew (lima beans, celery, carrots, tomatoes, corn and spices)

Later:

2 cups creamy portabella, roasted cauliflower and potato soup with white beans

1 cup steamed kale and 1 cup green tea udon with spices and sesame seeds

2 oz. Goddess Bar (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, macademia nuts, agave and tahini)

3/4 a gallon of water

strawberry
Feb 8th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Yum conscious :D Do you make the goddess bars urself?

Breakfast -
bowl of organic oatmeal w/ vanilla soy milk and red raspberries.
Lunch -
plain flatbread w/ a veggie burger, mustard and ketchup, onions, green peppers and lettuce, most of a small banana.
Snack -
one small peanut butter/banana/choc. chip muffin (from La Dolce Vegan)
Dinner -
half a grapefruit, plate of vegetable risotto (rice, tomatoes, zuchini, black olives, artichoke hearts) mixed w/ salad (spinach, lettuce, dried cranberries, carrots, cucumbers, and chickpeas) w/ lemon juice and pepper.
Snack -
small glass of vanilla soy milk and 2 more homemade muffins.

Wishin986
Feb 8th, 2006, 01:58 AM
one small peanut butter/banana/choc. chip muffin (from La Dolce Vegan)

that sounds amazing!!

strawberry
Feb 8th, 2006, 02:50 AM
They are so good. Ive been using the new cookbook like crazy, I love it.

Roxy
Feb 8th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I have recently bought that same cookbook and have made 3 recipes from there now. I love it too!

Roxy
Feb 8th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer.
1 banana chopped and drowned in strawberry soy yoghurt, sprinkled with organic ginger/cashew granola.

Lunch:
1 multigrain breadroll, toasted and filled with: mashed organic avocado, tomato slices, a slice of tofutti cheese and sliced "roast wheat" (meat substitute).
2 glasses of water.
1 cup of rooibos tea.
2 lemon cookies.

Dinner:
1 large plate of home-made mostly organic pasta (rottini, garlic tomato sauce, tomato paste, red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, corn, black olives) sprinkled with chopped green onions and parmazzano.
1 piece of garlic nan (grilled with earthbalance & extra garlic).
1 glass of wine.

Dessert:
1 cup of rooibos tea.
3 pieces of dark chocolate.

strawberry
Feb 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I know I love that cookbook. I made the corn chowder the other day and it was amazing.

Plunder Bunnie
Feb 8th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Dont know how healthy this is...everyone eats so good! :o
Yesterday:
Breakfast: One vegan homemade blueberry pancake with light syrup.
2 clemitimes and a banana
1 glass apple juice, one glass water.
Lunch:Left over whole wheat spagetti
Left over spagetti sauce, made with chopped red, orange and green peppers, half a large onion and a heaping spoon of garlic, mixed with a bottled spicy pasta sauce base.
Also a large salad.-Ice berg lettuce, green leaf, spinach, asparagus, zucchini, tomato, onion, shallots, cucumber and croutons with zesty italian dressing.
One glass chocolate soy milk, one glass water.
Supper:Homemade minstrone soup, with all the veggies and extra pinto beans.
Also 4 mini homemade bruschettas (4 slices WW baggette bread, red orange and green chopped peppers, mixed with lots of chopped tomato. Throw in some parsely LOTS of garlic and a touch of olive oil)
2 glasses water

Had more water randomly throughout the day. Man im a piggie!

applepie
Feb 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
oats, banana, raisins, soya milk, grapefruit
apple, orange
leftover dal, green salad, 2 kiwi fruit
2 apples
cabbage leaves stuffed with a buckwheat-veggie-herb mix, tomato sauce, carrot and celeriac salad

strawberry
Feb 8th, 2006, 06:39 PM
That doesnt sound like too much at all Plunder.

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Plunder, it's a reasonable amount of calories and amounts for an active young woman such as yourself and a nice variety as well! (Again, I eat more than that!).

Plunder Bunnie
Feb 8th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks CC and strawberry. Im trying! I wanna cut back on my carbs tho. Im not one of those anti carb people, i just think i might eat to many. :o

strawberry
Feb 9th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Breakfast -
bowl of organic oatmeal w/ vanilla soy milk and red raspberries.
Lunch -
lots of hunks of pumpernickel bread w/ homemade spinach dip, orange.
Snack -
peanut butter clif bar.
Dinner -
it was all gross- I had college dining hall food! a few bites of pasta w/ marinara sauce and red pepper flakes, a bite of saurkrat and kidney beans, half a grapefruit, and a bowl of corn pops w/ plain soy milk.
Snacks -
about 12 salt and vinegar soy crisps, and prolly something else...I'll update later.

Jane M
Feb 9th, 2006, 02:16 AM
B - Clif bar
L - Lite line vegan barbecue on wheat roll
D - Vegan grilled tofurky and (vegan) mozeralla cheese sandwich with tomatoes and onions at Cafe Verde
Snack - Apple, Sweet Potatoe chips

need to get more veggies in tomorrow but was on the run all day today

strawberry
Feb 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM
For my other snack I had a pack of macadamia nuts..yummmy

ConsciousCuisine
Feb 9th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Is this day healthy enough for this thread? Well, just barely :p

2 oz. corn tortilla chips
3/4 cup fresh salsa
1 oz dark chocolate with orange peel

10 oz. orange juice

2 slices apple spice and fiber bread with maple butter and coconut cream

1 tangelo and 1 "Fiber" bar

15 baby carrots

1 sprouted grains tortilla filled with black beans, sliced tomatoes, chopped lettuce, habanero salsa and 2 slices of avocado

2 cups veggie puree of roasted cauliflower, potatoes, onions and garlic with spinach and corn with nutritional yeast, ume and unsweetened soy milk served over 2 cups of sliced romaine (sounds odd but it was great, the perfect combination of crunchy and creamy!)

1 sublingual B-12 and 3/4 a gallon of water