PDA

View Full Version : Proud to eat healthy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

eclectic_one
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Oh, I also took a multi-vitamin and I'll probably eat a kiwi before I go to bed:)

moochbabe
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Vaderesque, that all sounds so yummy! lol, i'm planning on having the same thing for dinner, i'd been thinking that's what i was gonna have all day...great minds, i'm telling u :p

eve
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:00 AM
vaderesque, so you'll eat a kiwi before you go to bed? Here we call New Zealanders 'kiwis'! :D

eclectic_one
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:41 PM
vaderesque, so you'll eat a kiwi before you go to bed? Here we call New Zealanders 'kiwis'! :D
Um, kiwi fruit, I don't eat people of any nationality no matter how sweet they might be;)

Princess_Ava
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Why are New Zealanders called Kiwis? Does it have anything to do with the fruit?

Poison Ivy
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Why are New Zealanders called Kiwis? Does it have anything to do with the fruit?

I always assumed it was from the Kiwi Bird, not the fruit :confused:

Seaside
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I always assumed it was from the Kiwi Bird, not the fruit :confused:
Yeah, you're right, Poison Ivy. The Kiwi bird is New Zealand's national bird, I believe. Kiwi fruits come from China, and are also called Chinese gooseberries.

Princess_Ava
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, you're right, Poison Ivy. The Kiwi bird is New Zealand's national bird, I believe. Kiwi fruits come from China, and are also called Chinese gooseberries.

Thanks - I was just curious - I didn't know about the kiwi bird :o

Tigerlily
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I like kiwis.

Roxy
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:49 PM
its okay roxy, i dont find it offensive. not many people do like vancouver. (my boyfriend didnt either!) and its true, you have to see the beauty of canada, but its hard to find when u live in a city. plus, i trust u. i bet if i saw australia, id never come back!!! it looks GORGEOUS there. :) (have you ever been to the island roxy?)

I visited the island for a few days, the first year I was in Canada. We visited Victoria and stayed at some bungalows just outside of Victoria, in Malahat. I visited the Fort Rodd just outside of Victoria and ate at a beautiful restaurant on a cliff top overlooking the water. (I wasn't vegan then).

We also went to the Butchart Gardens which were amazing and Craigdarroch Castle, which I am SURE is haunted!

We also drove around the bottom of the island and around to Port Renfrew which is absolutely gorgeous!

Mystic
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:32 AM
B: smoothie made from mixed berries, banana & soymilk
S: apple, 4 dried figs & a box of almonds.
L: avocado & tomato sandwich. carrots.
D: dhal w/ basmati rice & salad

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:52 AM

applepie
Nov 11th, 2005, 07:53 AM
breakfast: grapefruit, amaranth and oats with blueberries and soya milk
snack: 2 apples
lunch: few rice cakes, carrot sticks, celery, tomatoes, pepper, handful of pumpkin seeds
snack: banana
dinner: tofu stir-fry with sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli), mushrooms, broccoli, red cabbage, pepper, ginger
snack: orange, apple

applepie
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:53 PM
breakfast: grapefruit, 2 kiwi fruit with soy yog and amaranth
snack: 2 apples
lunch: toasted buckwheat ginger bread, salad (lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, sweetcorn, mushrooms)
snack: banana
dinner: quinoa with greens and steamed carrots sprinkled with sesame seeds
snack: orange and 1 square of very dark choc (99%)

applepie
Nov 13th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Where are you all? Am I the only one eating? :confused:

breakfast: grapefruit, 2 kiwi fruit, apple
snack: few nuts
lunch: salad (lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, mushrooms, pepper) and toasted rye bread with marmite
snack: orange
dinner: will be brown rice with caramelised onions and balsamic vinegar, and some beetroot salad

eve
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I think we are all eating, applepie, but not posting. Anyway, mine for today was:
brekkie: bananas, cherries, topped with tahini, LSD, and flaxseed oil, plus soymilk.
lunch: left-over rice dish from yesterday, with brussel sprouts, carrots, and coriander.
snack: peanuts, raisins, cup of rooibos tea, a piece of dark chocolate by lindt.
I also had a few mouthfuls of a lovely mango and apple juice.

Tigerlily
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Breakfast:
Bowl of iron-fortified cereal with soy milk
Cup of coffee

Morning Snack:
Apple
Crackers with hummous

Lunch:
Delicious salad: Mixed organic greens, broccoli, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, seasme seeds, organic italian dressing, dash of balsamic vinegar. See a picture: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/tigerlilyxoxo/cute_salad.gif
Oven fries with ketchup

Supper:
8 pieces of veggie sushi
Bowl of rice and peas

Dessert:
Few handfuls of cereal

It's only 5:05, I'm gonna have more tonight. :)

foxytina_69
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:16 PM
yum that sounds great :D

Tigerlily
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:19 PM
:) It was.

Mmm, I bought almond milk. I want some now.

applepie
Nov 14th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Delicious salad: Mixed organic greens, broccoli, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, seasme seeds, organic italian dressing, dash of balsamic vinegar.

That looks absolutely yummy, Tigerlily!!!

My day:
breakfast: slice of buckwheat ginger bread with sugar-free blueberry jam, grapefruit, tea with soya milk
snack: apple, orange
lunch: soy yogurt, raw veggies (plum tomatoes, yellow pepper, carrots), handful of trail mix
snack: banana, kiwi fruit
dinner: "cabbage pie" - savoy cabbage leaves filled with shredded cabbage, tomatoes and mushrooms, and silken tofu flavoured with loads of herbs
snack: pear

Tigerlily
Nov 15th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Breakfast:
Bowl of iron-fortified cereal with soy milk
Cup of coffee

Morning Snack:
Apple
Crackers with hummous

Lunch:
Delicious salad: Mixed organic greens, broccoli, red pepper, tomato, cucumber, seasme seeds, organic italian dressing, dash of balsamic vinegar. See a picture: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/tigerlilyxoxo/cute_salad.gif
Oven fries with ketchup

Supper:
8 pieces of veggie sushi
Bowl of rice and peas

Dessert:
Few handfuls of cereal

It's only 5:05, I'm gonna have more tonight. :)

Add to my day:

Crackers
Chocolate almond milk
Cup of tea
Tortilla chips with guac and salsa
Pop

thecounterspark
Nov 15th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Breakfast
1 cup Muesli cereal with ½ cup soy milk
2 dates, 1 banana

Lunch
1 cup kidney beans, green peas, and corn
½ cup steamed broccoli
spinach salad with black olives, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded carrots, almonds
½ cup mixed fruit chunks: pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe

Snack
7 mini sesame sticks, 3 mini rice cakes
bite of odwalla protein bar
1 date, 1 dried fig, 3 red grapes

Dinner
half roasted sweet potato
spinach salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, pine nuts, almonds, celery, green peppers, shredded carrots, black olives and garbanzo beans
3 strawberries

Tigerlily
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Mmm, you got me craving olives in my salads. :) What do you dress your salads with?

thecounterspark
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:27 AM
nothing, usually. the dressings they have in our cafeteria aren't vegan friendly. i'm not big on dressings anyway, for me, they take away the natural flavors of all my goodies in the salad itself. :p everything i put on them gives it enough juice and whatnot so it's not dry...
if i get a salad at subway, though, i'll get the sweet onion sauce- i could eat that stuff by the bottle, probably

moochbabe
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:29 AM
finally i'm back from Mammoth (and less-than-ideal and triggering eating i think)
puffins peanutbutter and cinnamon cereal, almond milk, toasted pumpkin seeds, and banana; almonds and dried apricots (about a 1/4-1/2 cup each); 2 cashewbutter sandwiches and a large orange; keylime soyyogurt and an apple; a burrito made of wholewheat tortilla, mixed baby greens, radish sprouts, hickory baked tofu, and lots of salsa, and then steamed broccoli and eggplant; later tonight i think i'll have some more cereal with soymilk tonight