PDA

View Full Version : Proud to eat healthy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Roxy
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM
What is Mammoth?

moochbabe
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:24 AM
o, lol, sorry i forgot to explain it...it's mammoth mountain, a place that i go snowboarding, it was opening weekend, and i didn't get to ride :( but my dad did

Roxy
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Wow :D Up in snowboarding country one day and riding your bike in shorts and flip flops the next day!

moochbabe
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:37 AM
lol, that's what i was thinking when i got home yesterday cuz when i got home it was like 90 degrees and i went for a swim

Tigerlily
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Breakfast:
Bowl of iron-fortified oatmeal (apple flavoured)
Glass of choco almond milk

Lunch:
Dandelion greens, onions, and mushrooms sauteed with olive oil and veg broth, drizzled with lots of lemon juice, eaten with pita bread
Banana

Afternoon drink with friend:
Large hazelnut coffee

Supper #1:
Homemade spaghetti :)
Piece of toasted French/Italian bread

Dessert #1:
1/2 cup of sweet cereal

Supper #2: (I got hungry again)
Medium-largish salad: Baby greens, romaine lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber, red pepper, lemon juice, organic italian dressing, calorie-reduced french dressing
Glass of appple juice

Dessert #2:
Cup of milky sweet tea

Edit to add:

Snacks:
Piece of toasted sprouted grain bread with pb and jam
Tomato
Small handful of chips

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:49 PM

Yoggy
Nov 15th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Breakfast: cereal with almond milk
packed lunch: salad with organic roasted sesame dressing, fruit/veg drink box, some organic sandwich cookies, a granola bar, a pack of apple sauce (unsweetened!), an apple (LOL lots of apples today), and some raisins
Supper: will be a HUGE bowl of homemade cauliflower soup (which I've been craving for AGES) with whole wheat bread and salad.
Dessert: more sandwich cookies

applepie
Nov 16th, 2005, 12:16 AM
breakfast: banana and 2 kiwi fruit with soy yog
at uni throughout the day: 2 apples, banana, carrots, ryebread sandwich with vegemite, lettuce and tomatoes
dinner: savoy cabbage leaves filled with millet, carrots, sweetcorn and shredded cabbage, served with tomato sauce (have to remember that one, it was yummy!)
snack: orange

moochbabe
Nov 16th, 2005, 04:38 AM
let's see: shredded wheats with almond milk, banana, and almonds; cashews and figs; mixed baby greens with tahini stuffed into pita, and a large apple; like a 1/2 lb of carrots; steamed okra and snow peas with flax oil, and an amy's burrito; what should i have for a snack later?

strawberry
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:13 AM
B, venti soy chai latte
L, 2 pieces of sprouted grain toast w/ raw almond butter & raspberry jam, bowl of red raspberries
D, stir fry made w/ a lil bit of canola oil & soy sauce (noodles, broccoli, pea pods, baby corn, carrots), half of a grapefruit
S, half bagel w/ "cream cheese", cup of hot chocolate and a half of a pear.

Tigerlily
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Yummy day! I'm on my period so I'm craving fat but that's okay with me. :) Atleast it's all healthy. :) My grandmother from the Middle East sent my family some green olives which she 'pickled' herself and she sent us some zatar, which is an Arabic spice you eat with pita bread and olive oil. It's toasted seasme seeds and other spices you can't find in North America, I believe. Sooo yummy!

Breakfast:
Iron fortified oatmeal
Glass of soy milk

Morning snack:
Rice cake with jam
Banana

Lunch:
About 30 green olives
Pita bread dipped in olive oil dipped in zatar
Small glass of pomengrante (spelling?) juice

Afternoon-pick-me-up:
Small black coffee

Supper:
Oven-roasted potatoes, eggplant, zuccini, and carrots in a tomatoey sauce
Glass of orange juice

Evening snack:
Peanut butter and jam sandwich
Banana

I might have a cup of white tea but it's getting late and I don't want too much stimulants before bed-time.

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:16 AM

thecounterspark
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:23 AM
I know as much about raw foodism as I have only reading random stuff online, but I don't think soy milk classifies as raw. admiration for trying, though, really! I've been giving it my best to cut out processed foods more lately and am trying to incorporate more raw foods in my diet, as well.

moochbabe
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:57 AM
neither the soymilk nor the brown rice was raw, but kudos for the effort happy!
hmm for today: toasted cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter, a banana, and almond milk; shredded wheat with dried apricots; a HUGE salad of greens, radish sprouts, mushrooms, tomato, onion, snowpeas, cannelini beans, and sesame garlic dressing; strawberry soyyogurt; homemade nut loaf with sauteed onion, baby carrots, and snowpeas; later i think i'll have some soy milk and whole-wheat fig cookies

applepie
Nov 17th, 2005, 06:55 AM
breakfast: grapefruit, porridge with grated apple, rasisins and cinnamon
snack: banana, orange
lunch: quinoa crackers, veggies (carrots, toms, cuc, celery, pepper), 2 apples
snack: Innocent blueberry smoothie, kiwi fruit
dinner: stir-fried tofu with lots of veg (cabbage, broccoli, sprouts, courgette, beans) sprinkled with sesame seeds
snack: too many dates - you can tell it's essay-writing time LOL

thecounterspark
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:25 PM
neither the soymilk nor the brown rice was raw, but kudos for the effort happy!
hmm for today: toasted cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter, a banana, and almond milk; shredded wheat with dried apricots; a HUGE salad of greens, radish sprouts, mushrooms, tomato, onion, snowpeas, cannelini beans, and sesame garlic dressing; strawberry soyyogurt; homemade nut loaf with sauteed onion, baby carrots, and snowpeas; later i think i'll have some soy milk and whole-wheat fig cookies

gosh you had a VERY yummy day!

moochbabe
Nov 18th, 2005, 01:44 AM
thank u!

foxytina_69
Nov 19th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Today i tried to eat raw (im not sure what really classifies as raw yet)

fruit salad for breakfast

glass of soymilk (raw?)

platter of carrots, cucumber and celery with nutbutter

1 banana

salad with brown rice.

im really really not sure about raw foods so i hope i did it right:(

nor is nutbutter, unless it says its raw on the bottle (even than its not really that raw) the easiest way to figure out if things are raw or not, is to eat only things you would find in nature. for example, you wouldnt find soy milk in nature, only soy beans. you would find brown rice in nature, but in order to eat it, you have to cook it, so therefor its not raw. whenever you want to eat raw, just think "could i find this in nature? or has it gone through some kind of processing?"

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 19th, 2005, 03:31 PM

applepie
Nov 20th, 2005, 11:29 AM
yesterday:
breakfast: grapefruit, mashed banana and blueberries mixed into soy yog
snack: orange, apple
lunch: salad (sprouted quinoa, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, mushrooms) sprinkled with broken nuts
snack: 2 apples
dinner: sprouts and chestnuts (feeling christmasy :D) served with buckwheat and tofu stuffed into a huge portobello mushroom
snack: carrots

moochbabe
Nov 21st, 2005, 01:08 AM
nor is nutbutter, unless it says its raw on the bottle (even than its not really that raw) the easiest way to figure out if things are raw or not, is to eat only things you would find in nature. for example, you wouldnt find soy milk in nature, only soy beans. you would find brown rice in nature, but in order to eat it, you have to cook it, so therefor its not raw. whenever you want to eat raw, just think "could i find this in nature? or has it gone through some kind of processing?"
although there r certain ways to prepare things that would normally need to be cooked such as soaking brown rice...

Tigerlily
Nov 22nd, 2005, 01:43 AM
Breakfast:
Bowl of oatmeal

Morning snacks:
Kiwi
A few handfuls of cereal
A few handfuls of nacho chips

Lunch:
Salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, red pepper, olives, and organic italian dressing
A few bites of this bean thing
Small glass of OJ

Afternoon pick-me-up:
16oz black coffee (half light roast, half decaf)

Supper:
Penne pasta with pasta sauce
2 pieces of toasted bread
Pink lemonade

Evening snack:
Green apple cooked with brown sugar and cinnamon

moochbabe
Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:58 AM
shredded wheats and grapenuts, banana, soymilk; grapes; salad of mixed greens, tomato, carrots, chickpeas, added spinach, and sesame garlic dressing, and orange; a lunabar; steamed pumpkin with tahini stuffed with spinach into pita, steamed red chard; soymilk and homemade pumpkin custard

applepie
Nov 22nd, 2005, 06:35 AM
breakfast: grapefruit, banana, 2 kiwi fruit, with a bit of soy yog and a sprinkle of toasted nuts
snack: 2 apples
lunch: cold cooked veggies (pepper, cauliflower, beans, broccoli, red cabbage) with a balsamic dressing and some quinoa crackers with hummus
afternoon: loads of carrots
dinner: red lentil dal with lots of ginger
snack: orange

applepie
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
breakfast: quinoa porridge with grated apple, raisins and cinnamon
snack: orange, apple
lunch: red lentil and pear soup, kiwi fruit
snack: lots of carrots, apple
dinner: roasted veg (beetroot, carrots, parsnips, swede, shallots) with balsamic vinegar reduction and sprinkled with sesame seeds, spelt pasta
snack: baby tomatoes, kiwi fruit