PDA

View Full Version : Proud to eat healthy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

moochbabe
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:18 AM
i used my juicer today! fresh juiced tangerines, carrots, tomato, greenbeans and spinach, a big bowl of puffins cereal with soymilk and toasted pumpkin seeds; grape juice and a blueberry muffin; tofu-turkey with mixed greens and gravy on whole-wheat bread, large banana, and strawberry soy yogurt; a large apple; don't know about dinner or my late snack yet...

moochbabe
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:37 AM
i had peas that i sprouted mixed with white beans, canned tomatoes and chopped pecans, and some steamed asparagus; later i think i'll have silknog mixed with soymilk and a vegan trailmix cookie

applepie
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM
grapefruit, soy yog, frozen berries and sprinkle of linseed
2 apples
carrots, baby tomatoes, sprouted chickpeas, red onion, pepper, mushrooms, sugarsnap peas and bulghur - all in a salad
pear, orange, more carrots
broccoli, cauliflower, leftover bulghur, nutritional yeast
chestnuts! :D

moochbabe
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:17 PM
oatmeal with soymilk, cashew butter, banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg; tangerines and choco soymilk; sandwich of hummus. spinach and mushrooms on whole-wheat, white beans, an apple, and soymilk; grapejuice and a muffin...don't know about later :rolleyes:

Tigerlily
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Breakfast:
Tangerine
Banana

Lunch:
Salad made from romaine lettuce, fava beans, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and some organic italian dressing
Small glass of strawberry-cranberry juice
Grapes!

Afternoon/evening snacks:
2 cups of tea
A few homemade oven fries
Bowl of veggies (from the frozen veggie bag): carrots, lima beans, peas, green beans
Peanut butter and mashed banana on pita bread
Tangerine

moochbabe
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:20 AM
for dinner i had pita stuffed with sauteed spinach and mushrooms with raw tomatoes and scoops of tahini (mmmmm) and steamed broccoli; for later i am going to have a glass of silknogg and a vegan trailmix cookie or a walnut biscuit (mmmm again!)

applepie
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Mooch, your day always sounds so delicious! Especially your pita breads! I really have to give them a go!

late for classes, so snacked throughout the morning: 2 apples, orange, banana
lunch: big salad of cabbage, sprouts, tomatoes, beetroot, orange - bit like coleslaw, and very nice indeed
snack: pear
dinner: millet risotto with carrots and broccoli
later: more carrots (guess why a friend always calls me carrot-cruncher :D )

moochbabe
Dec 9th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Mooch, your day always sounds so delicious! Especially your pita breads! I really have to give them a go!

thank you, i do love them!
today...cream of brown rice with peanutbutter, chopped tagerines and sliced banans, and a glass of soymilk; rosemary focaccia and a big glass of fresh squeezed tangerine juice; pita stuffed with tofu mixed with gobs of hummus, sliced tomato and spinach, an apple, and soymilk; mixed dried fruit and choco soymilk; white beans with sauteed mushrooms, squash and broccoli with stewed tomatoes added and flax oil drizzled over it, a small glass of tangerine juice; later tonight i think i'll have some whole-wheat fig bars with soymilk :D

applepie
Dec 10th, 2005, 05:08 AM
grapefruit, soy yog with frozen berries, oats and linseed
2 apples, orange
big salad (romaine, pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, cress), rye bread with vegemite and extra tomato slices
carrots, banana
Brussels sprout and quinoa soup
not quite so healthy treat to celebrate last exam and the end of term: apple and raisin wholewheat pancake with lots of cinnamon and Vanilla swedish glace :D

Tigerlily
Dec 12th, 2005, 01:13 AM
It's my period and my body has been craving lots of foods especially iron-rich foods. :) Yummy day.

Breakfast:
Seasme seed bagel (15% of my daily iron) smothered in vegan cream cheese

Lunch:
Bowl of lentil soup (good source of iron)
A few chips

Snack:
Lots of "home style" raisin bread from the bakery...more iron from the raisins!

Supper #1:
Salad (romaine lettuce, red pepper, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil)
Pitaschio nuts (yay more iron)

Dessert:
Organic dark chocolate (good source of iron)
Lots of red grapes

Supper #2: (:p)
Sub stuffed with all the veggies with sweet onion sauce

Mmmm. :) Plus today I also took my mega vegan vitamins.

speedylemons
Dec 12th, 2005, 04:19 AM
I'm stoked to finally post under here! Yessss

1 cup high pulp OJ & a "nino" banana

Sunflowerseed/other seeds bagel with sunflower seed butter [YUMMMMMM]
small salad of boston and green leaf lettuce w/ a roma tomato and some cilantro
2 cups jumbo dark purple grapes

1 weetabix with 1 tbsp blackberry preserves

2.25 cups 'starving student' soup and a medium sweet potato [w/ skin]

This soup i made is soooooo good. i should just hook myself up to an IV of it. :D I even stayed within my calorie goal, well.. i went a TINY bit over. :rolleyes:

applepie
Dec 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM
grapefruit, 2 pears, banana
2 satsumas, plum tomatoes
rye bread with vegemite and tomato slices, big salad (romaine, pepper, tomatoes, sprouts, snowpeas, sweetcorn, mushrooms)
nibbling on loads of carrots while studying (not in the library though, they would have thrown me out :D)
leftover Brussels sprout and quinoa soup, baked sweet potato with horseradish
baked apple stuffed with cinnamon, ginger, raisins, dates (for that Christmas feeling :p)

applepie
Dec 17th, 2005, 07:57 AM
grapefruit, banana and strawberry smoothie
carrots
brussels sprout and quinoa soup, 2 apples
slice of delicious walnut cake, pear
cauliflower and broccoli with nutritrional yeast, sweet potato
tomato juice

Tigerlily
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Breakfast:
Iron fortified oatmeal (apple & cinnamon flavour)

Lunch:
Amy's bean burrito :)
Olives (10-13)
Tomato, sliced up

Afternoon snack:
Noel nog

Supper:
Stirfry veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, bean sprouts, snow peas, zuccini...) served over rice and peas

Dessert:
1/2 cup of chocolate sorbet

Tigerlily
Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
Breakfast:
Iron fortified oatmeal (apple & cinnamon flavour)

Lunch:
Amy's bean burrito :)
Olives (10-13)
Tomato, sliced up

Afternoon snack:
Noel nog

Supper:
Stirfry veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, bean sprouts, snow peas, zuccini...) served over rice and peas

Dessert:
1/2 cup of chocolate sorbet

Add to my day these snacks:
Olives
2 tangerines
Some pita bread
Small bowl of chickpeas with lemon juice and salt'n'pepper.

Sensational
Dec 24th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm new here too. Hope it's ok if I post! Suggestions are always welcome...

Breakfast: Big bowl of cereal and soy milk

Lunch: Blueberry, banana and soymilk smoothie. A big bowl of cantaloupe and 2 figs.

Dinner: Grilled tofu in a sesame marinade and a sweet potatoe with cinnamon and sugar.

Dessert: Green tea and two oatmeal cookies!

Korn
Dec 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Hope it's ok if I post!

Sure - welcome!
:)

moochbabe
Dec 27th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I'm new here too. Hope it's ok if I post! Suggestions are always welcome...

Breakfast: Big bowl of cereal and soy milk

Lunch: Blueberry, banana and soymilk smoothie. A big bowl of cantaloupe and 2 figs.

Dinner: Grilled tofu in a sesame marinade and a sweet potatoe with cinnamon and sugar.

Dessert: Green tea and two oatmeal cookies!
welcome! it seems like you may need to add more protein and fats to your diet. also, it seems like u eat a bit...light. i hope this doesn't come across as judgemental, i don't know the specifics of what you ate, it's just the first impression I got. But good job in getting a pretty good variety of fruit and veg :)

thecatspajamas1
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I eat fairly healthy, but I want to start eating more fruits and vegetables.

I got a juicer for Christmas. I'm not sure what to do with it. I kind of like to eat the whole fruit so that I'll get filled up more, but I'll probably have fun making juices as well.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:42 AM
I searched and couldn't find this thread but now that I've located it, I intend on posting here again regularly and I encourage those of you who eat balanced, healthy foods throughout your day with enough calories and nutrients to follow suit! ;)

applepie
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Haven't posted for a while as I'm currently staying with my parents in Germany and not eating as healthily as I would like to. But Thursday I'm back to the UK, and then I'll be eating more wholefoods again. I'm craving a huge portion of fruit and veg!

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:15 AM
:) I'll be looking for you Thursday then, applepie ;)

Today:

Sprouted grains and seeds english muffin with coconut oil

Silk Enhanced Soy milk

Calcium-fortified orange juice

Basil and asparagus pesto with seeded bread

Artichoke hearts (baked), onions, garlic and shallots with spices and nutritional yeast

Quinoa-Pistachio-Corn cakes: Carrots, onions, garlic, celery, quinoa, corn, pistachios and spices, baked into little "cakes" with fresh basil pesto

Black beans, rice, romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapenos, guacamole and hot salsa

Steamed broccoli with lemon

Toasted sunflower seeds

Fresh pineapple

Lots of water

Tigerlily
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Breakfast:
Bowl of iron fortified cereal with soy milk

Lunch:
Salad (dark romaine lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, red pepper, olives, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper)
Melba crackers
Baby carrots

Snack:
Cup of black tea
Bread with jam
A couple of fig cookies

Supper:
Massive stirfry: celery, carrots, onions, green pepper, mushrooms, zuccini, seasoned with cumin, soy sauce, and cherry sauce

Dessert:
Red apple
A few Melba crackers :D

I don't know what else for today.

ConsciousCuisine
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Yay! This thread is alive and well!!! (and so are we :D ).

Morning:

Oats, rye, barley and wheat cooked with soymilk and with blueberries, almond meal, vanilla and cashews mixed in

Strawberry Juice and Kombucha Tea

Noon:

1 cup fresh tomato salsa with onions, avocado, jalapenos and spices and with 1 cup smashed black beans mixed in, eaten with 1 oz. vegan cheese and 1 oz. tortilla chips

Strawberry Juice and Kombucha Tea

Next:

3 cups soup of artichoke hearts, asparagus, shallots, onions, garlic, potatoes and white beans with many spices and nutritional yeast

1 cup steamed chard with lemon and spices

Evening snack:

1 cup calcium-fortified orange juice and 1 serving hemp protein powder

Throughout the day:

A gallon of water :)

Artichoke47
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I ate healthy, considering I had no time to eat and work went longer than usual. Plus I had to run soon after dinner. So I qualify. Plus, check out how many gojis I ate.

B: 1/4 c. goji berries, 1/2 fresh pineapple

L: Unexpected turn of events! No energy bars, no lunch break. 1/3 c. goji berries (which I luckily had in my equipment case)

S: Finally, another break to get something to eat. Went to WO and got an almond milk mocha and a Clif Nectar bar (with dates, cashews, gojis, and spices)

D: Living buckwheat crust with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno, and raw taco filling