PDA

View Full Version : Proud to eat healthy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

screamingcarrot
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:43 PM
this is a 'what did you eat today' thread for those who eat /try hard to eat a balanced healthy diet everyday...

FR
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I personally love healthy food. I do not understand why most non-vegan people are turned off by it. I think healthy food is busrting with flavor. I mean c'mon, what is not yummy about a smoothie boasting a blend of sweet fruits? Or, an almond butter and fruit spread sandwich on whole grain bread?

Mr Flibble
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I love healthy food! I'm just forced to eat lots of it by cooking the majority of my food fresh anyway, and don't feel the need to post about it. I tend to get more excited by and post more about sweet/non healthy things which are harder to make, but I still eat healthy 90% of the time.

eve
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I love healthy foods, and can't understand how people go crazy for sweet things and other junk.
For breakfast today I had my usual bowl of fruit, this time it was a cut up banana, a dessertspoon each of cherries and of blueberries, four soaked prunes, 1 tspn of tahini, and a dessertspoon of LSA (crushed linseed, sunflower seeds, almonds). Over the top I poured my favourite soymilk.
For lunch I had a mug of juiced carrot, celery, beetroot, parsley. Followed by some braised sweet potato, cauliflower, and mushrooms.
I tend not to take an evening meal, but like to chew some pecan nuts, plus today a friend gave me some macadamia nuts. Quite delicious. :)

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
What a beautiful day, Eve!

Today, so far, I have had:

20 oz. of freshly juiced beet, carrot, celery and Fuji apple juice (2 beets, 5 carrots, 5 stalks of celery and 1/3 an apple)

2/3 cup pineapple

1 cup green tea kombucha

1 1/2 cups chickpeas with Italian blend spices, garlic and balsamic vinegar and rice wine vinegar

1 cup arugula

1 cup spinach

1 tomato

and I will check in later when I have more :)

thecounterspark
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Eve, that breakfast sounds SO delicious! I might have to try different variations of that and add my own favorites :)

today so far:

banana
raw spinach
bean salad
brown rice with red and green peppers, black olives and carrots
vanilla soy milk with raisins and almonds in a bowl of grape nut flakes
bowl of fruit: dates, red grapes, pineapple and melon chunks
whole grain brown rice cake with natural peanut butter

not sure what i'm going to be having for dinner yet.
Thanks for starting this thread as an alternative to the other one. it will encourage me to eat healthier and be more aware of what I'm putting into my body, because I want to be able to post on it-- motivation to eat better!

Tigerlily
Oct 30th, 2005, 12:47 AM
brown rice with red and green peppers, black olives and carrots

Yum Alert!

moochbabe
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:41 AM
i'm sorry...i'm a little bit confused about whether or not my posts r welcomed on this thread. i am recovered/ing from an ed, but no longer restrict, i eat halthy balanced meals, and meet my caloric intake needs. i am just confused becuase i do occasionally splurge and have vegan cookies or something, but imo that's kinda part of a healthy diet too...u know everything kinda in moderation... so i was just wondering if it's ok if i post even though i once had an ed (never while a vegan), and sometimes eat a little junk...feedback please :o

Roxy
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:11 AM

20 oz. of freshly juiced beet, carrot, celery and Fuji apple juice (2 beets, 5 carrots, 5 stalks of celery and 1/3 an apple)

2/3 cup pineapple

1 cup green tea kombucha

1 1/2 cups chickpeas with Italian blend spices, garlic and balsamic vinegar and rice wine vinegar

1 cup arugula

1 cup spinach

1 tomato

Ever since you've been posting on this board, I've never seen you have an unhealthy day! :D

moochbabe
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:23 AM
well...i suppose i'll post, i hope it's ok, i mean it's healthy and all...
i had cream of wheat with 100% maplesyrup and raisins; sauteed red chard, and mushrooms stuffed into a pita with marmite (i found it in the states!) and drizzled with tahini, a mango, and soymilk; a cherry lunabar and an orange; roasted beets (flavored with salt, pepper, and olive oil...soooo good!), steamed bokchoi (with lemon juice and fresh ginger), home baked tofu marinated in a garlic dressing, and mashed lentils (made like mashed potatoes); later on i think i'll have some whole-wheat fig bars and soy milk...

eve
Oct 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks Roxy, and also ConsciousCuisine - I like your choices, but what is arugula? :)
Yes, screamingcarrot, I like your idea of a thread for a balanced healthy diet everyday.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 30th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I arugula is "rocket" greens. Screamingcarrot and I decided we needed this thread to highlight health and vibrant choices!

Moochbabe, that is a great day! :) As long as you don't post that you had around 400 calories of junk and nothing else of substance, it would seem you're in the clear :) Anyone with an ED is welcome to post here too, as long as the post reflects a healthy, normal day (which we all hope people have more of!).

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 30th, 2005, 07:55 AM

2/3 cup pineapple

1 cup green tea kombucha

1 cup arugula

1 cup spinach

1 tomato

So, I also had:

1/2 a sprouted grain roll

1 T BBQ sauce

1 1/2 oz. tofu-burger

3/4 cup spicy chilibeans

10 oven fries

6 blackberries

16 oz. cranberry-kombucha blend

lots of water

foxytina_69
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:15 AM
yeah... lol.... i would definately not be welcome here :S

puffin
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I eat healthy but when i read what all the really healthy people eat it just seems like a lot to me. Please dont think i am saying you all eat alot because im not. All i am saying is i cant eat a lot in one day so maybe i am missing out on some of the vitamins i need.
I shall give an example of what i eat
Bowl of cerial with soya milk
2 crackers, a banana, handful of nuts for lunch (sometimes more)
Veg chilli, with rice
About 5 cups of peppermint tea and some water.
I will eat snacks now and then like a little chocolate.

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
yeah... lol.... i would definately not be welcome here :S
*sigh* :(

PLEASE, let's try to keep this thread productive and POSITIVE.

Tina, you *do* have days where you eat well and have lots of veggies and fruits and enough calories and are most certainly welcome here when you choose to put your health first, as that is what this thread is about.

screamingcarrot
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:54 PM
well...i suppose i'll post, i hope it's ok, i mean it's healthy and all...
i had cream of wheat with 100% maplesyrup and raisins; sauteed red chard, and mushrooms stuffed into a pita with marmite (i found it in the states!) and drizzled with tahini, a mango, and soymilk; a cherry lunabar and an orange; roasted beets (flavored with salt, pepper, and olive oil...soooo good!), steamed bokchoi (with lemon juice and fresh ginger), home baked tofu marinated in a garlic dressing, and mashed lentils (made like mashed potatoes); later on i think i'll have some whole-wheat fig bars and soy milk...

moochbabe, :( the thread wasnt meant to make anyone feel excluded..concious and i just noticed that on the 'what did you eat today thread' there were alot of posts indicating disordered eating patterns/ed behavious and it was all getting a little negative! eating healthy to me is eating a balnced diet with enough of the right sorts of foods..eating to live not living to eat..celebrating food not worrying about it. thats all. im glad you are recovering from your problems and it sounds like youre eating a great diet, of course you are welcome on this thread! :D :D

screamingcarrot
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM
started the day with oj, banana apple and sultanas, ginger water and glass of soya milk.
lunch (out) was rice, lentils, wholewheat bread, mixed vegeatables in oil dressing and avocado.
full as a boot now!

ConsciousCuisine
Oct 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
So far today:

20 ounces kale, beet, carot and celery juice

2 cups broccoli, 1/2 cup chickpeas and 1/2 cup spinach pasta with 1 tsp. nutritional yeast, 1 T. garlic and 1 T. brown rice vinegar

4 oz. Silk Enhanced

water

and we'll see what I have later :)

Roxy
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:37 AM
Well I think I had quite a somewhat healthy-ish day.......okay okay.......except for the chippies (crisps) I had with my sandwich ;)

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer. 2 slices of wholewheat toast with peanut butter and a half a mashed banana on each slice.

Lunch: sandwich on wholewheat bread (filling: mango chutney, Yves veggie salami, alfalfa sprouts and a toffuti "cheese" slice). Small packet of plain chips (crisps), water.

Dinner: leftover Morrocan couscous from last night (wholewheat couscous, spices, dates, cashews, corn, chickpeas, golden raisins, parsley, mint, zucchini). 1 and a half pieces of warm pita bread with hummus, 5 slices of cajun baked tofu. 2 glasses of wine.

Dessert: is going to be a cup of Rooibos tea and 2 small leftover pieces of dark mint chocolate.

eve
Oct 31st, 2005, 06:37 AM
Last night I made some homas, so that this morning after my bowl of fruit and nuts, I had a slice of grainy bread with homas & marmite. Lunchtime after the raw vege juice, I cooked and ate the rest of the sweet potato with noodles and bok choy. This evening I'll eat some nuts and have a glass of wine. I do drink 2 litres of water during the day, and soymilk in the mornings.

Thank you CC for telling me that the arugula is rocket - a friend of mine has rocket growing all over his garden, so I'll pop round and see him now that I know! :)

applepie
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:38 AM
I'm new to this thread, hope it's okay if I post here. Yesterday I had:
breakfast: porridge with soy milk, banana and frozen berries
snack: apple
lunch: slice of freshly baked multi-seeded bread with vegemite and tomatoes on top (I love it!), salad (lettuce, cuc, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots)
snack: 2 tangerines
dinner: millet with oven-roasted veg (swede, carrots, parsnips) and nutritional yeast sprinkled over
snack: soy yog and 2 dates

eve
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:49 AM
sounds like you had a really healthy day! :D

foxytina_69
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:55 AM
so many yummy sounding things everyone!!! :D gives me inspiration :D

Mystic
Oct 31st, 2005, 08:05 AM
B: bowl of organic bircher muesli w/ soy milk. a banana and an orange
S: 4 dried figs
L: avocado and tomato sandwich. a lot of strawberries :p
D: sesame stir-fried vegetables (bok choy, broccoli, baby corn and green beans) w/ basmati rice. 1/2 an apple.