PDA

View Full Version : Dairy free supermarket

Hemlock
Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
This looks good, they charge £5.95 to deliver an order much like tesco and some of the products look great. Good for stocking up for Christmas!!!

http://www.wheatanddairyfree.com/

Hemlock
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
P.S All ingredients are listed on the website so no nasty surprises when the food is delivered!

Mr Flibble
Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:27 AM
looks good, although gluten is my friend, and I'm not sure I'd classify those manky long life chocolate flavoured alpro uht soya sludge things under the "dreamy desserts" category :rolleyes:

Some of the prices also seem to be quite astronomical compared to the prices i've seen/bought them at before. Definately trying to target the lazy people market who don't mind paying a few quid more for not having to walk around town.

Hemlock
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
True, true...however, I live in remote-ville on sea on the edge of the south downs (we even got snowed in last winter) and none of the local shops sell much in the way of vegan stuff except naked vegetables. The health food shop is ok but very limited and also very expensive as there isn't much call for that sort of thing round here, I think I am their main customer :)
In order to round up my favourite vegan products I must make a 40 mile round trip in the car to take in all the various supermarkets (one alone never has everything, I need to visit 2-3) which isn't environmentally friendly at all so an online supermarket would be ideal for me and parel farce would be delivering other stuff round here not just mine.
Also good for the disabled who can't get out and great for Xmas and the like which is a time when I personally never go out because of the shopping scrums everywhere.
I can't see what all the fuss about gluten is tho', I eat loads of it!
I hate going shopping on the motorbike because I invariably buy more than will fit in the saddlebags and end up stuffing jars down the front of my jacket and hoping they don't fall out on the road :D

Gorilla
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
i like the idea of this and as you say Hemlock it's good for people who can't get out and about. i wonder how many people can afford to pay £5.95 a time for postage though, i certainly can't.

but i'm lucky living in Brighton with loads of great shops within walking distance :)

Mr Flibble
Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
In those cases I agree it could be a good thing. Like gorilla I live in a city centre - i have 2 health food stores within about 2 mins walk

Hemlock
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
You would think people in remote-ville on sea would look healthy living in clean air, small town, little stress and glorious countryside but they all look like they are on death's door here! I was looking at people in the town centre the other day and they were all grey, obese, miserable, thinning hair. I can't understand it - is there a secret nuclear power plant here they're not telling us about :eek:

Mr Flibble
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
not really, I've personally found that the more rural you go, the more inbred the people tend to be.

Where abouts do you live? I used to live walking distance from the south downs in west sussex. Then i moved to walking distance from the north downs in surrey :)

Hemlock
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
not really, I've personally found that the more rural you go, the more inbred the people tend to be.

Where abouts do you live? I used to live walking distance from the south downs in west sussex. Then i moved to walking distance from the north downs in surrey :)

I live in East Sussex between Brighton and Eastbourne, by all accounts some of the new Harry Potter film was filmed round here at the Seven Sisters cliffs (scenery only - no actors). It's true my home town has a bad reputation for odd inbred folk.
Don't you love to see what other people put in their shopping baskets? Round here it's mainly tins of spam, cigarettes, pastries and bargain bucket white bread - bleuuugh!

Mr Flibble
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
It's true my home town has a bad reputation for odd inbred folk.

all rural places do. I have inbred family members in devon.

Don't you love to see what other people put in their shopping baskets?

Yes. It's always good to see really fit women putting meat in their basket :rolleyes:

FR
Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Do they sell eggs?

Mr Flibble
Nov 3rd, 2005, 03:20 PM
yes, it's not a vegan company, one aimed at people with allergies