PDA

View Full Version : saving my soup?

scruffyhead
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:31 PM
ive started cooking again , as i only cook for myself its a pain sometimes n i live on junk
-but ive been eating healthily recently.
anyways i have been makin me own soup and i was makin some today in my blender and i go sprinkling pepper in , and the top FALLS OFF the pepper, and goes nto the blender, followed by 25g of pepper in about a litre of soup! so now my soup sets your mouth on fire!! it was meant to be pea soup...im wondering if i add more liquid stock!, or maybe some tomato soup..or SOMETHING it may taste ok?

i wouldt be so bothered but, i have been tryin to make this soup for ages and i couldnt get to use the oven ( i have two lodgers ) and then i couldnt find the blade for my blender....so im rather annoyed that iv finally got to make it and i ve botched itup!!!!and i hate wastage.help?!?!lol

Yoggy
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Maybe you could make another batch of soup with no pepper in it, then mix the two batches?

I know how you feel, I did the same thing with chili powder once. I opened the wrong half of the container (the half that's big enough to put a spoon into), and started shaking it into my chili, and the next thing I knew, half the container was in my chili! I tried to counteract the spice with a bit of sugar, and it ended up tasting pretty weird.

moochbabe
Nov 6th, 2005, 07:40 PM
i always get so upset when things like that happen. increase some of the other ingredients, and maybe add some blended silken tofu, which will make the soup extra creamy and soak up a little of the heat, maybe u can add a little plain or even vanilla flavored milk alternative as well...it'll just make the soup extra creamy...

Mr Flibble
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM
lemon juice neutralises the effects of too much curry powder, not sure if it works with pepper thou.

Kumem
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM
You could always reduce it down and bottle it and use it as a hot pepper marinade for tofu at a later date.

scruffyhead
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
iwent andbought more peas and cooked them with stock, blended it and then mixed the 2 pans togehter, and it stil tastes as though i have ignited it!

i think what ill do is kind of what kunem said-il freeze it in batches and use it in other recipes..it would be ok with just maybe, half the pepper! lol i like peppery things......

i would add other things moochbabe-i did add a little more soy milk aswell-but i dont have a pan big enough to add anythign else!

moochbabe
Nov 7th, 2005, 12:01 AM
lol, well i'm glad u've figured out something to do!