PDA

View Full Version : What is on your Holiday wish list?

Pages : [1] 2

Cranberry
Nov 16th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Peta Catalog - SNIP Sponsorship (http://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=SNIP&variation=&aitem=6&mitem=15)Peta Catalog - Bale of Straw for a Needy Dog (http://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=STRAW&variation=&aitem=10&mitem=15) only $5

Farm Sanctuary - Donate (http://www.farmsanctuary.org/join/donate2.htm)

Horses' Haven - Sponsor A Horse (http://www.horseshaven.org/sponsor.htm)

SASHA Farm - The midwest's largest farmed animal sanctuary - Animal Sponsorship (http://www.sashafarm.org/sponsor/index.htm)

Also on my list
some socks from the MI humane society for $5
my boyfriend said "FIVE BUCKS FOR A PAIR OF DOG SOCKs?":eek: he didnt understand that it is away for them to raise some money. I told him "after all that is were we got our dog" I know I am getting them now. LOL
Some vegan cookbooks
$20/year subscription
Your gift recipient will receive a one-year subscription to VegNews along with our signature oversized tote bag filled with the current edition of VegNews, a high quality cotton t-shirt, six delicious Alternative Baking Company vegan cookies, and an attractive gift note. PLUS, we’ll ship the gift pack anywhere in the U.S. absolutely FREE of charge.
VegNews Magazine | Give A Gift (https://vegnews.secure.powweb.com/gift.html)
The Simpsons DVDs:cool:
Sirius Satellite Radio

Gift certificate idea
Subway

I do have more but a few ideas should get this thread moving. :)

So what is on yours?

Tofu Monster
Nov 16th, 2005, 02:54 PM
So what is on yours?

ok since you asked, here's my holiday wishlist:

1. a vegan woman

2. er, come to think of it, there isn't a 2.

so if anybody wants to send me one i'll pm you my address. preferably a live one (although i can't afford to be too picky these days).

thanks. :rolleyes:

Roxy
Nov 16th, 2005, 06:00 PM
My parents called from Australia last night and I have requested a couple of packets of those LEDA vegan tim tams and vegan mint slices that they Aussies are always talking about :D

Tigerlily
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I asked for gift certificates for the grocery store so I can indulge and finally buy myself luxurious vegan face cleasnsers, body washes, body lotions....I've been dying to buy these stuff for a year now (since I went vegan) but I was toooooo cheap to dish out the dough for them.

maya
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Donation to women in distress in my name. My sister takes care of that every year.
Gift certificate to Whole Foods. I call the store whole pay check.
Kitchen fairies from Hallmark. I collect them
Candles. Vegan of course. Love them!

Hemlock
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Vegetarian shoes, vegan cosmetics, in fact any vegan toiletries, vegan perfume, a big snog from my lovely hubby! :D

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I'm making most of the presents I'm giving this year, so I'm telling people that, and that I don't really want any presents - if they insist I'd like a donation made in my name to any charity apart from a medical research one (I know not all do animal research but it makes it less complicated) or a small homemade present. I have too much stuff.

maya
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I also want another Bengal kitty.

http://www.bengalkitties.com/images/keetahxsimba2-071005.jpg

They are just so cute.

applepie
Nov 16th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nothing!
My parents will pay for my flight home, and spending Christmas with them will be my most wonderful present! :D

Lazuli Blue
Nov 16th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I said to my dad and husband last year that I'd rather they donated or sponsor instead of buying me a gift. They responded by saying 'that's not a proper gift!'.:(
My sister's been asking me what I want this year, she's a vegetarian so maybe she'll be more open-minded.

LittleNellColumbia
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:28 AM

Cranberry
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I also want another Bengal kitty.

http://www.bengalkitties.com/images/keetahxsimba2-071005.jpg

They are just so cute.

I had a bengal kitten she is with my ex now, but she was so cute and very bossy. lol

They are expensive!:eek:

Cranberry
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Nothing!
My parents will pay for my flight home, and spending Christmas with them will be my most wonderful present! :D

Where is home?

Cranberry
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:30 AM
HappyCow says "**phew* thats alot. im gonna have to get a job!"

I LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Cranberry
Nov 17th, 2005, 01:33 AM
I said to my dad and husband last year that I'd rather they donated or sponsor instead of buying me a gift. They responded by saying 'that's not a proper gift!'.:(
My sister's been asking me what I want this year, she's a vegetarian so maybe she'll be more open-minded.

Oh LAZ, I hope you get what you want. Your wish is so sweet.
You tell them that is what you want and if they wish to be proper then get you your ideal gift.

Best of luck to you. :)

peaches22
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:14 AM
I want a cute vegan peacoat, because I got rid of my wool peacoat when I went vegan about a year ago.

I also want a digital camera. I don't want an expensive one; I just want a decent one.

I don't want my mom to put candy in my stocking, and say afterwords, "Oh, I forgot you don't eat refined sugar. But I can't take it back, so why don't you just eat it." In fact, I think it would be really sweet if she went to the huge gee dee trouble of buying me vegan candy, which she won't, and I'm not going to ask her. I don't really want any candy, I just think it would be sweet of her to think of it, you know.

Wishin986
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:43 AM
yoga classes! for while I'm at school. :D

also ballet classes for when im home - they come in packs of like 10.

some new clothes might be nice. i usually just like money so i can buy whatever i want.

whole foods gift certificate would be good.

tis all im thinking!

Plunder Bunnie
Nov 17th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Cant think of a single think i want...peace on earth...thats the one...:p

alekolu
Nov 17th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I just want to not go bankrupt from college debts and for my boyfriend's mom to stop hating me just because we live together. :(

Wait, and also to be able to visit my friend who moved to Florida. :D

Tigerlily
Nov 17th, 2005, 03:03 AM
yoga classes! for while I'm at school. :D

Great idea!

thecounterspark
Nov 17th, 2005, 03:54 AM
hmm. i am going to request the following from my family:

a huge box of medjool dates
gift certificate to books-a-million
the new nellie mckay cd (which actually doesn't come out until AFTER xmas, so i might just ask for some money to get it)
astaire and rogers collection vol. 1
a recipe notebook to organize all of my favorites

I think that about covers all my holiday needs. :cool:

terra
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Cant think of a single think i want...peace on earth...thats the one...:p

Great idea Plunder! :)

moochbabe
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:42 AM
i wanted the Mundaka Black Mat (yoga) for my b-day and am really excited becuase my parents got it for me (although they haven't given it to me yet cuz it's not yet my birthday) from my family...i guess i could only ask for books or something like that because i don't want them to get me anything that they may think is "vegan" but isn't really. i also am hoping for the modus mix and other surf films... but really, on my holiday wishlist, as lame as it sounds, is to have a happy holiday season that is filled with cheer and my health (and no relapses), i just want happy times with the family (which may be the biggest thing i can ask for to tell the truth)

Wishin986
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM
hmm. i am going to request the following from my family:

a huge box of medjool dates
gift certificate to books-a-million
the new nellie mckay cd (which actually doesn't come out until AFTER xmas, so i might just ask for some money to get it)
astaire and rogers collection vol. 1
a recipe notebook to organize all of my favorites

I think that about covers all my holiday needs. :cool:

some good ideas! i am a fan of nellie mckay - im listening to her right now! :D

maya
Nov 17th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I bought my Bengal Stash for $650. They are just so darn smart and they love water. He often jumps in the bath tub.

I had a bengal kitten she is with my ex now, but she was so cute and very bossy. lol

They are expensive!:eek: