PDA

View Full Version : vegan online business

foxytina_69
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:50 AM
hi darlings!

well, for the past while ive been thinking alot about certain things.

one thing i would absolutely love to do, is start up my own website, and gradually add things to sell. such as vegan giftbaskets, homemade soaps, homemade beauty products, homemade housewares such as pretty pillows and curtains, clothing/purses, etc.

ive been wanting to start my own website for a long time now, putting up my recipes and pictures of my recipes, and different fun things such as health info and beauty info and whatnot.

i think it would be fantastic to have a job where i could make money off of doing things i REALLY enjoy doing.

and one day i would like to sell a cookbook aswell.

does anyone here, with business/online business experience, know if i could make a good profit off of doing something of this sort? i have money put away to start up this kind of thing, as i know it takes money to make money, and my family is very business oriented aswell, so i know alot in this area.

so fellow vegans, does this sound like something i could possibly make a career for myself out of, and does this sound like something i should possibly look into? i know theres tons of people here who could give me advice on this kindof thing :D thank you all!

Mr Flibble
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I know several pople who sell their craft stuff online (textiles, jewellery etc), but none whom make enough money from it to replace their day job - only an income suppliment. If you can it's probably best to start out with it on this basis to test the water. If you get loads of orders then give up your day job - it's easier than trying the other way round.

foxytina_69
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:26 PM
thats what i assumed i would have to do. just see how many people are actually interested, if alot, then i could obviously make good profit. if not, then obviously it would only be good as a little side thing :)

Seaside
Nov 29th, 2005, 06:26 PM
It depends on what you want to sell. You don't have to spend money on selling information like recipes, and if you make some profit beyond what you need the money for, you can use it to buy materials for the products you wish to create. Once you get an established customer base, they might be interested in other products if you decide to expand.

I didn't have to spend any money on becoming a pet sitter and dog walker in the beginning, but it took a while to get going. Now I have an advertising budget, which helps the business grow. Word of mouth is still my best tool, though. It does make me feel good that my customers are happy with me, and give my name to other people. :)