PDA

View Full Version : Food Network Petition!

moochbabe
Dec 1st, 2005, 12:51 AM
:D There is currently an effort to petition for the Food Network to make a show dedicated entirely to vegans-vegetarians! Please click on the link below and sign!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/613516076?ltl=1133398143

or, if that link doesn't work, click on this link:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/613516076 (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/613516076)

peaches22
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:49 AM
I think I signed that before, but I'm not sure, so I signed it anyway, and I sent it to a bunch of people. Thanks, moochbabe.

thecounterspark
Dec 1st, 2005, 02:27 AM
I've often thought about this before, and wondered why they didn't have one! i ddn't know there was already a petition. i loved the food network way before i became vegetarian/vegan.. but ever since then i can't really hold my stomach to watch most of the shows for obvious reasons. however i still think rachel ray is the most adorable thing in the world; and i still love watching most of the specials on Unwrapped and The Secret Life Of.. (depending on what the feature is over of course..)

anyway, thanks for posting this!

btw, do any of these petitions on this site ever amount to any results?

moochbabe
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:31 AM
that goes for me too, i've always wanted to see a vegan show/chef on there and have often said things to my parents about how they should. i still watch it and then modify the recipes, but still, a lot of shows i just have to change cuz the stuff is so grose :eek:
i believe that the petitions on this site are legit and do get results, thank u for asking :)
and thank u all for signing! (it's not my petition that i started, but i figured: wouldn't it be great to help get it really moving)

thecounterspark
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM
well I certainly hope they are legit! :)

Roxy
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:01 AM
Thanks Mooch! I signed that petition.

At the moment, the only vegan/vegetarian cooking shows I watch are the little ones that are on the Veggie Vision site. It would be great to have something more mainstream!

moochbabe
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:03 AM
:D i'm so glad that everyone on this site likes cooking!

Morna
Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
What a great idea! I watched a lot of the Food Network when I was omni, and I've been able to transfer some of the techniques to vegetarian/vegan cooking. It would be great to have a veggie show.

Tigerlily
Dec 23rd, 2005, 06:59 PM
I think I made a post here but it got deleted??

Anyway, I said, I already seen a vegetarian cooking show once and everything they made was smothered in animal secretions.

moochbabe
Dec 27th, 2005, 05:52 AM
tigerlily, the food network has never had a veg cooking show, this petition is asking for possibly a vegan cooking show, and i think it is kinda sad that you're having no hope whatsoever. besides even a show that uses "secretions" is better than a show using the animals themselves, and i think it's a step in the right direction.

kriz
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
I find it so weird that the cooking channel never had a vegetarian cooking show when there are so many of in this country. Suspicious.

moochbabe
Dec 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM
yes it is quite weird, i guess it's just because they've never had a high demand for it... like they didn't have a petition full of vegan and vegetarian names and comments asking for a show :p

SarahM
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:02 PM
that would so rock! i love alton brown, but can i watch him when he does gross things w/ meat? bleh!

i like unwrapped too - and sometimes food finds or the best of.

i signed and i posted the link on my other forum (dog related) where even the meat eaters like veggie food :)

Tigerlily
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
tigerlily, the food network has never had a veg cooking show, this petition is asking for possibly a vegan cooking show, and i think it is kinda sad that you're having no hope whatsoever. besides even a show that uses "secretions" is better than a show using the animals themselves, and i think it's a step in the right direction.

Oh, it was on another channel.

I don't get the food network here, so it really doesn't bug me too much.

Peas'nHominy
Dec 29th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I signed it. I would be thrilled to have an actual vegan cooking show to tune into. Too cool! :D

Hope they do it.

BlackGaff
May 21st, 2006, 04:33 AM
I would love it if this show were done in the style of Good Eats, with the sciene behind cooking to offer us great subsitutions and how animal-free products interact with one another