PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Cornwall

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Mymblesdaughter
Feb 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Yes I know what you mean about the list of places that don't cater for Vegans, how do they choose which restaurants they put on that list because it could end up a very long list.

I think the Vegan Cornwall website is a great idea though and only wish they had it when I was living in Cornwall. I suppose we'll just have to make sure we double check before we eat things like pasties.

cobweb
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yep, and double check before heading off to any veggie outlet because they all seem to have a tendency to disregard their own opening hours I find :rolleyes:

DeMontfort
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I am not sure if this has been mentioned earlier but if you are even in Falmouth/Penryn there is nice eco-cafe called Miss Peapods in Penryn that caters for vegans, just look for the wooden building with mini turbines on the top at the bottom of the hill.

There is only a delicatessen in the town that serves a small selection of vegan meals and household products.

It also has an Ecover refilling station.

Risker
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Is anything ecover produces vegan? I thought they performed animal testing.

DeMontfort
Mar 25th, 2011, 02:54 AM
That's sad =[

I wasn't actually suggesting that it was vegan, it was more of an 'if your interested' but it looked like I will have to re-evaluate all of my household products. A job I've known that I have had to do for a while but have been dreading as I'm not actually in charge of everything that comes into this house, not that my house-mate actually buys anything for the house anyway (*grumble* every cloud has a silver lining and what not).

But thanks for the heads-up.
Any products that you suggest?

*Edit: There site does say that "Ecover has never tested any finished products or ingredients on sentient animals, nor has it ordered such tests by third parties." Not that that means anything.

http://www.ecover.com/gb/en/Animal+products+-+Animal+Testing.htm

Risker
Mar 25th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Co-op and superdrug do own brands of all the ecover type stuff you'll need.